Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:49 am 

I heard Sasha hurt her back, that's a career shortening injury (and they say its fake) IDK if her small frame hurts or helps her with that.

The Kabuki's getting a victory over BL and CF is BIG imo. More mist :shock:

The HIAC finish i said stunk....nbd though, im not going to cry or cancel a subscription.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44 pm 

NicHoLai wrote:

+1 I hope they keep going with this!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:19 am 

cory1984 wrote:
NicHoLai wrote:

+1 I hope they keep going with this!

Oh it will derail, the E's track record shows.
Id be okay with 3 months of K.W.'s "push"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:37 am 

Jon Moxley Beats Chris Jericho to Win AEW World Championship at Revolution 2020

Mike Chiari February 29, 2020

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876315-jon-moxley-beats-chris-jericho-to-win-aew-world-championship-at-revolution-2020

Jon Moxley beat Chris Jericho at AEW Revolution in Chicago on Saturday to become the second AEW world champion in the company's brief history.

Moxley hit Jericho with a Paradigm Shift to take the belt.

The pair have been at each other's throats for the past few months, and Moxley finally got his chance to go one-on-one with the leader of The Inner Circle with the AEW world title on the line at Revolution.

When it became clear shortly after Full Gear on November 9 that Moxley had his sights set on the AEW World Championship, Jericho attempted to befriend him and essentially convince him not to challenge for the title.

Jericho offered Moxley a spot in The Inner Circle and a new car, and it initially looked as though he would accept after he considered the invite for a few weeks.

After Moxley said he was in, though, he hit Le Champion in the head with a champagne bottle and ran out of the ring before the rest of The Inner Circle could get to him.

That made Moxley public enemy No. 1 in the eyes of Jericho and The Inner Circle, especially after he beat Sammy Guevara for the right to fight for the AEW World Championship No. 1 contendership.

Jericho tried to put Moxley out of commission by taking a spike off his jacket and sticking it in his eye. That forced Moxley to wear a bandage and a patch over his eye, but it didn't stop him from beating PAC on Jericho's cruise on January 22 to become No. 1 contender.

Moxley even got some measure of revenge a couple of weeks ago when he poked the eye of Inner Circle member Santana with a car key and forced him to wear a patch as well.

With Moxley mowing down the stable and getting closer to Jericho, Le Champion enlisted services of free-agent wrestler Jeff Cobb, who attacked Moxley after he beat Santana and then faced him the following week on Dynamite.

Since Moxley is something of a lone wolf and was going up against an entire stable led by Jericho, the odds were very much stacked against the challenger entering Revolution.

Moxley is used to overcoming the odds, though, and he did precisely that to end Jericho's nearly 200-day title reign Saturday.

Since Jericho is scheduled to tour with his band, Fozzy, beginning in April, it made sense to take the title off him, and the decision may see him take a break from AEW programming soon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 am 

Pro Wrestling in Empty Arenas Is the Weirdest Show on Earth
By Sean T. Collins

https://www.vulture.com/2020/03/pro-wrestling-no-audience-coronavirus.html

Are professional wrestlers just the world’s most muscular theater kids? To quote wrestling legend “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, who appeared on last night’s episode of WWE’s Monday Night Raw: Hell yeah.

Broadcast live without an audience for the first time in history, both Monday Night Raw on the USA Network and last Friday’s episode of Smackdown on Fox stripped wrestling down to its bare essentials: a ring, a microphone, and wrestlers to use both. The result was less like the WWE’s usual played-to-the-rafters gladiatorial spectacle and more like tech week for a black-box production. It showcased the performers at their weirdest, wildest, and most, well, theatrical.

On Friday’s episode of Smackdown, things got downright goofy. That tone was set by wrestler-turned-company-executive (and son-in-law of head honcho Vince McMahon) Paul “Triple H” Levesque, who special-guested on the commentary team and appeared to be having the time of his life. Trips, as he’s affectionately known by wrestling smarks, made jokes about the unusual setup: When heel wrestler Asuka waltzed into the room to distract her rivals during a match, he responded by saying, “She blended in with the crowd! I never saw her coming!” He cracked wise about his recent title change, rumored to be a step down in the company hierarchy, by saying, “I’m the only man in the history of the world that can get demoted and get busier.” He even broke kayfabe, the once-sacred suspension of disbelief that’s still almost always adhered to during the broadcasts themselves, by referring to the show’s multiple drafts. (“Real” sporting events, needless to say, aren’t scripted.)

The wrestlers followed suit. Bayley, the dastardly women’s champion, and her buddy Sasha Banks worked the nonexistent crowd as they walked to the ring. Nikki Cross tried to get a crowd chant going. The Miz and John Morrison used the absence of an audience to talk themselves up without the risk of getting booed. (Triple H’s deadpan response: “It’s amazing how comfortable Miz and Morrison are without crowd noise. It’s like it happens all the time.”)

The episode culminated in the already-legendary faceoff between semiretired babyface turned bonafide Hollywood star John Cena and his current rival, demented children’s show host (yes, you read that correctly) Bray Wyatt. Without the roar of the crowd yay-ing and booing behind it, the clash between Cena’s steely hip-hop Superman persona and Wyatt’s Joker-fied madness felt uncomfortably intimate, which to be honest is exactly the way it should feel.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:11 am 

Chris Jericho
@IAmJericho
https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1243516328872378368
Mar 27
Hey guys if you’re bored & shut in at home, grab a beverage & come join me for the first ever Chris Jericho’s #SaturdayNightSpecial, TOMORROW night on @facebookapp
Live at 9p EST!! I’m gonna take your questions, tell some stories & lead a LIVE #JUDAS singalong! See u then!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:37 am 

I have been watching Raw and Smackdown. Its weird, I enjoy the matches bell to bell. Promos are awkward and imo shouldn't be delivered in a ring in an empty room. Entrances are a waste for most. Commentary is on the comical side, I do enjoy the special guests.

Standouts during this are Cesaro, Bryan, Zayne and Asuka .
It sure is weird.

WrestleMania ...IDK man, i'll be watching .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:47 am 

NicHoLai wrote:
I have been watching Raw and Smackdown. Its weird, I enjoy the matches bell to bell. Promos are awkward and imo shouldn't be delivered in a ring in an empty room. Entrances are a waste for most. Commentary is on the comical side, I do enjoy the special guests.

Standouts during this are Cesaro, Bryan, Zayne and Asuka .
It sure is weird.

WrestleMania ...IDK man, i'll be watching .

It is VERY weird, and I agree WWE needs to change the promo delivery. They seem to be trying to do the same promos they always have to hype the crowd. Which is just so strange when there is no crowd.

This seems to be reserved for WWE as AEW seems to have absolutely no issues with this. I'm very glad to have AEW during this time when WWE could easily claim this is just such new territory it has to be awkward to some degree. NOT SO! If anything AEW has thrived on this new, strange, format. Instead of constantly recapping PPVs, as WWE does every single week, they have added better and more involved promos. They also put other wrestlers ringside to take add a little action to the side which helps immensely. This is why competition in the wrestling world is so important, keeps everyone on their toes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:57 am 

Exclusive: Update On State Of Georgia Intervening At AEW Tapings, Tony Khan Comments
By Nick Hausman | April 03, 2020

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/04/exclusive-update-on-state-of-georgia-intervening-in-aew-668737/

As previously reported, this week's AEW Dynamite tapings took place from QT Marshall's Gym in Norcross, GA.

Wrestling Inc. reported that state of Georgia officials had stopped by AEW's tapings on Thursday.

From what we were told, the officials initially attempted to shut down the tapings before being provided with paperwork that allowed AEW to move forward. Apparently AEW had been approved to move forward before Georgia's Governor Brian Kemp issued his "shelter in place order", which officially goes into place today at 6 pm.

Since our reporting, AEW President Tony Khan has reached out to us to provide clarity on the situation.

Khan explained to us that the official who stopped by was a local Georgia code enforcement official. They were there to ensure that everything was as agreed to in the permits AEW had obtained. Khan stated that it was just a routine check-in like any other week, and everything was fine on both sides.

Stay with Wrestling Inc. for all the latest regarding AEW's TV tapings during the coronvarius pandemic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:22 pm 

Bob Uecker never knew what hit him. 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:47 am 

Pulling back the curtain on WWE icon The Undertaker

May 8, 2020
Greg WyshynskiESPN

https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/29147859/pulling-back-curtain-wwe-icon-undertaker

There's something jarring about hearing The Undertaker chuckle.

Granted, he's not The Undertaker as we speak on the phone, although, in truth, he's always The Undertaker. On the other end of the line is Mark Calaway, the 55-year-old Houston native whose 30-year run with the WWE as "The Dead Man" is unequaled in its longevity and legacy.

It was also unequaled in its secrecy. Calaway has long been notorious for keeping "kayfabe," and not allowing fans to get a glimpse at the man behind the gimmick. That wall has started to crumble in his later years, and it gets demolished in "Undertaker: The Last Ride," a five-episode documentary series on WWE Network that premieres this Sunday.

"I think there's a lot of people that have wanted to see a lot of what they're going to get to see. They just had to wait 30 years for it," he told ESPN on Wednesday, with that aforementioned chuckle.

"But I think people are going to be shocked and amazed, and have a better understanding of who The Undertaker is and who Mark Calaway is."

In a rare interview, we spoke with Calaway about his decision to get candid, the enduring legacy of The Undertaker and whether his "cinematic" WrestleMania match with AJ Styles could add a few more years to his career before 'Taker rests in peace.

ESPN: Like Chris Jericho said in the first episode of "Undertaker: The Last Ride": You don't do podcasts. You don't do interviews. You're not just dropping the gimmick here. You're also allowing people to see you really vulnerable, like the scene where Vince McMahon is running to get help because that's how badly you were concussed after a match. How difficult was it to open yourself up like this?

Calaway: "It was pretty difficult, honestly. But it was my idea. The end is near. [Laughs] I knew that I needed to document some of this stuff, because I wouldn't have another chance to do it. Because once I finally pull the plug, I won't have the opportunity to have footage of me behind the scenes and what I was thinking at the time. I really didn't know what we were going to do with all of this. We didn't start out with any thoughts. We just started filming this stuff with the thought that somewhere down the line we'd maybe do something with it.

"But it was extremely difficult. Even though it was my idea to have a crew start following me, it was extremely difficult for me to get used to it, to let my guard down. They would be there. They'd be filming. And then next thing you know, I'd snap at them, 'Why are you filming me?!' And they'd be like, 'Because that's what you asked us to do.' And I was like, 'Aw, s--- you're right.'

By the time The Undertaker had one of his career-defining rivalries against Brock Lesnar, he had started combining elements from several stages of his career in his presentation of the character. JP Yim/Getty Images

"I'm a notorious old-school guy. When I hear people talking about matches and this and that, I just cringe, because I've always protected the business. Obviously I realize that it's the natural progression and that things have changed. I've changed with it, but there's that certain aspect of it being not for everybody.

"That's one reason why The Undertaker had the longevity that it did. Because all they got was The Undertaker."

Now you're like a magician who decided to start explaining the tricks.

Calaway: "Exactly! So it was really difficult at first to let the guard down. [For example], it took me forever to get on the social media thing. A couple of years ago, I started a social media account, and I started getting things like 'The Undertaker is on Instagram. My childhood has been ruined.' [Laughs] That's how protective I was of that character. So some people are really receptive to the fact that I'm opening up. Others are acting like I've ruined their childhood."

Wrestling has seen its share of gimmicks through the years that are over the top, but they always seem to have a shelf life. Fans grow tired of them as times change. Ric Flair said that "The Undertaker" is the best gimmick in wrestling history, and it's one that has lasted for decades. But was there ever a time when you were worried about The Undertaker character having run its course? That things maybe were pushed too far?

Calaway: "You run that risk. Especially when you have up to six hours of content a week on television. Regardless of the character, any talent runs the risk of burning themselves out, based on that content alone. And then as all the -- this is the only way I know how to say it -- but all the 'smart marks' and all the dirt [sheets] became such an obsession, it was hard for characters to stay viable. You become a flavor of the week.

"I think what really helped me [stay viable] was that I did protect that character. I didn't give them anything other than the character. You didn't see me doing movies as something else. I had opportunities to do that other stuff, but I passed. I knew wrestling. I knew WWE. I knew Vince. That was my passion, and to this day [it still is]. I knew I couldn't be [The Undertaker] here, and then go do something else. I don't think people would have accepted it and stayed intrigued in the character.

"When I started feeling stale in the Attitude Era, I thought that if I didn't change the character, I don't think it would have lasted through that era. It was everything goes, reality based. That's when I switched to the American Badass character. I kept some elements of The Undertaker. Kept the name. But I took the shackles off for a little while for how that character presented itself. And it worked. People accepted it, and it fit for that time period. Once I felt like it ran its course, I was able to bring [the Undertaker] right back. Now I had elements of the original Undertaker, elements of the American Badass and I was able to keep adding to the character while staying true to it. That's what's given it the longevity that it's had: Adapt, but keep the core elements of it."

One of the previews for the series shows you watching the Roman Reigns match from WrestleMania 33 and being "so disappointed in your performance."

Calaway: "That was one of those times it was tough having the cameras there. That was the first time that I watched that match back. I was so disgusted with it that I didn't want to watch it back."

For someone who took so much pride in his in-ring performance, what was it like when you revisited matches that didn't work? Is that something you found constructive?

Calaway: "So, a little insight into how we used to do things.

"We used to have a pay-per-view on Sunday, and then obviously do TV on Monday. During catering, they'd be replaying the pay-per-view from the night before. Everybody would be watching the matches. I couldn't do it. I cannot watch myself in that atmosphere. I wouldn't watch my matches back until I was by myself, at home. No wife, no kids, nothing. I had to be by myself, alone. I wasn't looking for the good stuff. I was looking for the bad stuff. What I should have done when I did that [move]. I wanted to pick it apart. You can watch a match with your peers and they'll be like, "Aw, man, that was awesome." I don't want to hear that.

"Early on in my career, I watched everything back. Good, bad, indifferent. As I got older ... I know when I'm out there and I'm moving slow. I know when my limp is more prominent that it may be. Or when I'm behind in a spot. I just know now.

Marc Calaway, shown here in September 2019 at a college football game between Texas and LSU, was reticent to show the public the person behind the character of "The Undertaker" for most of his career. Tim Warner/Getty Images

"[Watching that match], I'm battling with it. I was so disappointed for Roman. Even after Brock Lesnar beat the streak, for guys coming up to have a match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania -- especially where Roman was at -- it was important for his career. Especially because he was going over. For me, in that role, I wanted to do the very best that I could do for Roman. I think the world of him. You want to be able to do the best you can for him, and you know you have no business being in the ring.

"Yes, I could have mailed it in. Protected myself. Only done a couple of things that I knew that I could do. But that's just not the way I work. And it wouldn't have been fair to him. So I just tried to do the best I could. The harder I tried, the more I did -- at least in my perception -- it was not a good night. It was really disappointing. Watching it back finally, and watching it back in front of a film crew, it was like ... I didn't have to say much. You could just tell from the expression on my face that I wasn't really pleased with it."

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28997202
Undertaker, AJ Styles throw down in epic 'Boneyard' match
Undertaker and AJ Styles square off in the 'Boneyard' match at Wrestlemania 36.

Let's talk about a match people were pleased with. The Boneyard match with AJ Styles at WrestleMania 36 went over big with fans. Were you surprised by that reaction, and does the "cinematic" match thing extend your career beyond what your expectations might have been?

Calaway: "I think it could, if I wanted to do that. That possibility is there, but we'll just see on that.

"We were both very proud of that match. Considering all the circumstances, we were really, really happy with it. And the fact that we got to go offsite and give it a theme like that, it helped tremendously. Like I've said, for me, it's always, always about the story. I tell this to people all the time: Wrestling isn't about the moves. It's about telling the story. You use wrestling moves to tell that story, but that's not what it's all about. He went places in his promos leading up to WrestleMania that no one has ever dared go, you know? After all those interviews, even if we had had a regular match ... you talk about my wife, and it would have been all fists anyway.

The Undertaker returned to some of the supernatural roots of his character in the cinematically produced "Boneyard" match at WrestleMania 36 against AJ Styles. WWE, Inc

"I'm not trying to armdrag and armbar and do all that stuff. I'm going to punch you in the face until your nose meets the back of your head. Because that's real, you know what I mean? Because of the intensity of his promos, and then going to [the boneyard], I think we really told a great story. At the end of the day, that's the most important part.

"The way it was shot, I mean my goodness, it was a mini-movie. I just really think it's going to catch on. Bray Wyatt's character is probably the closest to mine. He's got that really over-the-top demented type character. He could do some things in that realm that would be just phenomenal. We were the trendsetters there. I think there will be more cinematic matches like that in the future.

"As for me ... we'll see what happens with me. But I was really happy how that came off."

Well, we know to never say never when it comes to the Undertaker returning.

Calaway: "Never say never."

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:14 am 

I thought his WM36 match was awful. Not because of the cinematic aspect, but it would have been at best a horrible horror movie.

But hey, I don't want to beat up on the company that's having some of its worst ratings ever.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:44 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
I thought his WM36 match was awful. Not because of the cinematic aspect, but it would have been at best a horrible horror movie.

But hey, I don't want to beat up on the company that's having some of its worst ratings ever.

I agree it was pretty awful. I don't like any of this new "action movie" stuff with the soundtrack and prerecorded junk. This aspect completely runined MITB for me, which was even worse than WM36. There are indie wrestling promotions that use this effect with much greater success, so they can't even use the excuse they're "trying something new". From what I've read McMahon has developed even more of a "screw it" attitude than ever, I'm sure this plays a big role.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:32 pm 

AEW Double Or Nothing Results

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/aew-double-or-nothing-results

May 23, 2020, ALL ELITE WRESTLING presented the second annual DOUBLE OR NOTHING event, live on pay-per-view!

Warning: this recap contains spoilers! If you missed any of the action from this historic night, order the replay now on pay-per-view, BRLive, and FITETV (international customers)!

Taz and Excalibur were the commentators for the Buy In portion of DOUBLE OR NOTHING.

To determine the #1 Contender for the AEW Tag Team Championship, it was Private Party (Marq Quen & Isiah Kassidy) vs. Best Friends (Chuck Taylor & Trent)!

Private Party have won four of their last five matches, while Best Friends have won five of their last six matches.

Chuck and Kassidy began the match for their respective teams. They were both impressed with one another’s offense. Trent and Marq tagged in and Marq took a side headlock and then a standing moonsault on Trent. Trent countered Marq with a Northern Lights suplex. Kassidy came in and Trent took him off his feet with hard chops. Trent’s knee buckled after some tandem offense from Private Party.

On the outside of the ring, Trent speared Kassidy but Marq floated over the top rope and nailed Trent with the tope con giro! Best Friends used a big assisted avalanche suplex onto Marq for a near fall!

“Private Party are wrestling a very smart match tonight with no shenanigans,” said Excalibur.

Trent decimated both members of Private Party with suplexes and tagged in Chuck Taylor. Best Friends used the sole-food combination on Kassidy. Private Party rallied back with a technical approach against their opponents. They hit the G9 (in a tribute to Shad Gaspard) on Best Friends. Marq Quen crashed down with a beautiful shooting star press on Trent! Quen was pulled out of the ring by Chuck, who gave him a spiked piledriver on the floor! Trent reversed the Gin & Juice on Quen. Chuck jumped off the top and after the Strong Zero, Trent pinned Quen!

Best Friends are the #1 contenders for the AEW Tag Team Championship!

Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone joined Excalibur at the broadcast table for the main card!

Our first match of DOUBLE OR NOTHING was the Casino Ladder Match, with the winner earning an AEW World Championship Match!

It’s Darby Allin vs. Orange Cassidy vs. “The Bad Boy” Joey Janela vs. Scorpio Sky vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Luchasaurus vs. “Boom Boom” Colt Cabana vs. “SuperBad” Kip Sabian vs. a Mystery Wrestler!

The wrestler who pulls down the giant casino chip suspended in the air wins the match!

Sky and Frankie (both members of SCU) were the first entrants in the ring!

“Luck of the draw!” said Tony Schiavone.

Kaz and Sky chain wrestled each other, and as they were running the ropes, their heads cracked together. Kaz and Sky were both knocked down when the two-minute mark hit and the next entrant Kip Sabian (accompanied by Penelope Ford) strutted down to the ring. Jimmy Havoc came out on the other side of the ring to assist Kip Sabian. Darby Allin was entrant #4! Allin cleaned house!

“It seems a match this violent favors someone like Darby Allin,” noted Schiavone.

Darby Allin was holding his skateboard and jumped off the top of the ladder, but it cost him as he came crashing down on another ladder when Frankie Kazarian moved out of the way in the nick of time!

“Freshly Squeezed” Orange Cassidy was the next entrant. He walked over to the broadcast team and asked them what the rules of the match were.

“I swear on 200 separate occasions Tony Khan tried to explain the rules of this match to Orange Cassidy,” said Excalibur.

“He doesn’t know how to set up a ladder,” added Jim Ross.

“He knows how to do it, he’s just too lazy to do it,” said Excalibur.

The next competitor in the Casino Ladder Match was “Boom Boom” Colt Cabana! The veteran Colt Cabana wasted no time pushing Orange out of the way so he could climb the ladder. “Bad Boy” Joey Janela was out next and took out all the competition, hitting a dropkick on Colt. Representing Jurassic Express, Luchasaurus was the 8th entrant and powerbombed Kip Sabian from the ring to the outside, and then choke slammed Kazarian onto one of the ladders! Darby hit a Code Red off the middle rope onto Luchasaurus!

Making his AEW debut, Brian Cage was the mystery competitor and came out accompanied by Taz! Cage was manhandling and laying waste to everyone! He tossed Sky over his head with a reverse suplex!

“Brian Cage is a machine!” said Excalibur.

Cage climbed the ladder with Orange Cassidy on his back! It took all of the competitors to pull Cage back down to the mat. They tried to neutralize Cage by piling plunder on top of him.

“They’re caging Brian Cage!” said Tony Schiavone.

Orange Cassidy and Kip Sabian duked it out on top of the ladder. Penelope Ford tried to interfere but Orange deflected her efforts. Jimmy Havoc attacked Orange but Best Friends ran out to give him an assist. Marko Stunt ran in to help Luchasaurus. Janela gave a running Death Valley Driver to Orange off the ring apron onto the giant *SPAM* chip that Brian Cage was buried under! Cage popped out from under the plunder! Luchasaurus and Cage battled in the middle of the ring like Godzilla and King Kong! Taz came out with his orange towel and shouted instructions to Cage. Cage had Darby Allin on top of a ladder and then threw the ladder (with Allin on the ladder) to the outside of the ring! Cage climbed to the top and grabbed the *SPAM* chip to win the match in his debut!

Taz yelled at the camera: “I promise the bodies are gonna keep droppin’!”

Up next: MJF (accompanied by Wardlow) vs. Jungle Boy!

MJF tried to gain the advantage on three exchanges to no avail, as Jungle Boy’s agility was too much for MJF in the opening minutes of the match. Jungle Boy had MJF down with ground and pound offense until ref Aubrey Edwards pulled him away. MJF feigned an injury. MJF then attacked Jungle Boy as Jungle Boy backed off to give Dr. Sampson time to examine MJF.

Jungle Boy’s momentum got derailed after a wicked backbreaker from MJF! He then gave an arm wringer to Jungle Boy.

“That may have done damage to Jungle Boy’s left arm and shoulder,” noted Jim Ross.

Jungle Boy fought back with some chops, but it was clear his arm was hurting. MJF started jaw jacking with the ringside crowd and Jungle Boy hit three consecutive dives onto MJF.

MJF savagely stomped on Jungle Boy’s arm. Jungle Boy countered with a submission but lost his grip because of his injured arm. MJF bit Jungle Boy’s hand when Jungle Boy tried a second time.

Jungle Boy hit a reverse rana on MJF, who landed on the crown of his head on the ring apron!

“MJF is knocked out,” said Jim Ross.

Jungle Boy ascended the top rope but MJF met him up there. Jungle Boy hit an avalanche Liger Bomb on MJF off the top for a near fall! Jungle Boy tried to deadlift MJF but his arm was too injured. After a series of roll-ups, MJF pulled out the victory on Jungle Boy!

“My god what a battle,” said Schiavone.

It was time to crown the first ever AEW TNT Champion! We had “The American Nightmare” Cody (with Arn Anderson) vs. “The Murderhawk Monster” Lance Archer (with Jake “The Snake” Roberts) in the tournament finals! “Iron” Mike Tyson came out to the ring holding the AEW TNT Championship!

Referee Bryce Remsburg gave Cody and Archer the opportunity to shake hands to commemorate the occasion but Archer wanted no part of it and neither did Cody.

Archer hit the Black Out right away but Cody had the wherewithal to roll out of the ring! Cody went for the cutter but Archer pounced him midflight with the shoulder tackle! Cody fired off some right hands but it wasn’t enough as Archer chucked Cody off the steel rail!

Cody gave a high boot to Archer but “The MurderHawk Monster” barely budged. He started gouging the face of Cody. Archer walked the ropes and did the MurderHawk Moonsault onto Cody for a two-count! “Iron” Mike Tyson was smiling at ringside, watching the action, amused by the violence of this match.

Cody dropped Archer flat on his face after holding him up vertically for 15 seconds. Archer was angered and ripped the padding off the turnbuckle. Cody went after Archer’s ribs, driving his knuckle into them. Cody climbed to the top rope but Archer grabbed him and launched him over the top with a military press!

“What a sadistic individual is Lance Archer,” said Excalibur.

Cody countered a roll up and applied a submission to Archer! Jake Roberts climbed to the ring apron to distract the ref. Cody gave Archer a DDT directly in front of Jake “The Snake” Roberts! Archer followed up with a spinebuster to Cody!

“A message sent to Arn Anderson,” noted Excalibur.

Cody connected with a springboard cutter on Archer but Archer kicked out at the 1-count! Cody dropped fists on Archer, who was begging Cody to strike him. Cody used the Bionic Elbow and then the Final Reckoning on Archer! Cody nailed CrossRhodes and Archer kicked out of the pin! Cody gave a Stinger splash to Archer but even that wasn’t enough to finish Archer. “The MurderHawk Monster” applied the EBD Claw to Cody!

Archer was walking the ropes again but Arn Anderson knocked him down. Cody dropped Archer with an avalanche reverse suplex! Referee Paul Turner came out to inform ref Bryce Remsburg of Anderson’s interference. Anderson and Roberts were both ejected from the ringside area. Roberts returned with his snake-filled duffel bag but “Iron Mike” jumped onto the ramp, scaring Roberts away!

Cody reversed Archer’s Black Out attempt and then pinned Archer after not one, but two CrossRhodes!

“The American Nightmare” Cody is the first ever TNT Champion! Cody was emotional in the ring after being presented the title by “Iron” Mike Tyson.

AEW ringside physician Dr. Sampson gave an update concerning Dr. Britt Baker’s injuries to Alex Marvez. “The injury is not as bad as the patient, if I can be real,” said Dr. Sampson. “She’s real high maintenance. She’s a role model and she’d like to give her own update this Wednesday on AEW DYNAMITE.”

Penelope Ford, who was taking Dr. Britt Baker’s place tonight (accompanied by Kip Sabian, who was on crutches) vs. “The Galaxy’s Greatest Alien” Kris Statlander was next!

Statlander out powered Penelope with a shoulder drag. Kip distracted Statlander on the outside of the ring, and Penelope used it to her advantage to DDT Statlander.

Statlander starched Ford, knocking her out of the ring. Statlander took flight and crash-landed like a UFO onto Kip and Ford!

Penelope Ford caught Statlander with a hook kick for a near fall. Ford started driving Statlander’s head into her knee. Statlander showed her agility and used a running knee onto Ford.

Penelope reversed the Big Bang Theory, and then Statlander blocked Ford’s stunner! Ford rattled Statlander with a hurracarana! Statlander caught Ford with the Big Bang Theory finally and pinned Ford!

“It was back and forth the whole way but Statlander planted Penelope on the crown of her head,” noted Excalibur.

The next match of the night was “The Chairman” Shawn Spears vs. “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes!

Shawn Spears walked to the ring wearing a suit and claimed that Dustin Rhodes was at home washing his tights. Dustin’s music began to play. Spears started laughing and said that was a joke that he was playing on the fans. Spears told ref Aubrey Edwards to ring the bell and start counting to ten so he could get the forfeit victory.

Dustin’s music began to play again and Brandy Rhodes walked out and waved to Shawn Spears. From behind, Dustin hopped into the ring and began to attack Spears, pulling Spears’ shirt over his head.

“It’s a hockey fight,” said Jim Ross.

Dustin Rhodes powerslammed Spears! Dustin yanked the pants off Spears and clotheslined him over the top rope. Dustin gave Spears the Final Reckoning and pinned Spears!

“Dustin’s demise was greatly exaggerated,” noted Jim Ross.

AEW’s ALL OUT was announced for September 5th, 2020!

#1 ranked Hikaru Shida faced AEW Women’s World Champion “The Native Beast” Nyla Rose in a No Disqualification, No Count Out Match for the championship!

Champ Nyla Rose came to the ring with Shida’s Kendo stick.

Nyla swung for the fences with the Kendo stick but Shida avoided it. Shida tried to get the stick away from Nyla but Nyla began striking her with it against the lower back. Nyla and Shida brawled outside the ring. Nyla smashed Shida through a *SPAM* table!

“Always bet on black,” said the champ.

Nyla placed a steel chair across Shida’s throat, attempting to choke her out.

“Nyla is just bullying the challenger,” said Excalibur.

Nyla gave Shida a big splash but Shida kicked out at the two-count! Nyla went for the BeastBomb but Shida countered. Shida was looking for a suplex but Nyla reversed it with a suplex of her own. Shida jumped onto Nyla with a cross body press and then rattled Nyla with a running knee to the chin! Shida used Nyla’s momentum and gave her a hip throw onto one of the giant *SPAM* chips! Shida grabbed the Kendo stick and blasted Nyla repeatedly! Shida almost had Nyla off her feet but Nyla powerslammed Shida. Nyla draped Shida across the top rope and then spring boarded off the top, landing a knee across the back of Shida’s head!

Nyla set up a table in the corner and charged with Shida for a Death Valley Driver, but Shida fought back with wild right hands! Nyla powerbombed Shida through the table but Shida kicked out of the pinning attempt!

Nyla dropped Shida with the DVD and then struck her with the Kendo stick! Nyla climbed to the top rope but Shida winged the Kendo stick at her. Shida met Nyla on the top rope and then gave her an avalanche Falcon Arrow for a near fall! Shida smacked Nyla with the Kendo stick and pinned Nyla after a running knee!

And new AEW Women’s World Champion Hikaru Shida!

“The Hikaru Shida era begins in All Elite Wrestling,” said Excalibur.

“The Exalted One” Mr. Brodie Lee challenged for the AEW World Championship against champ Jon Moxley in the first of two main events of the evening!

Mr. Brodie walked out to the ring with the AEW World Championship around his waist, a belt he had stolen from Mox 17 days ago on DYNAMITE. A security team stood in the ring to keep Brodie Lee and Jon Moxley separated before the bell rang.

Coming into this match, Mox is 11-0 in 2020 and Brodie Lee is 5-0 in 2020.

Mox got caught with a big right hand. Brodie went for a high kick and missed, spilling outside the ring. Mox acted quickly with a tope suicida! Mox came off the top rope but Brodie Lee tossed him out and then connected with a tope suicida of his own!

It turned into a slugfest on the outside of the ring! Brodie suplexed Moxley onto a steel guardrail. Back in the ring the slugfest continued with each wrestler dishing out forearms, elbows and boots! Mox spiked Brodie Lee with the Gotch-style piledriver! Mox went for a jumping knee strike but Brodie anticipated it and countered with a dropkick! Brodie set up Mox on the ring steps for a piledriver but Mox back dropped out of it, sending Brodie crashing through the timekeeper’s table!

“They have literally fought all over this arena,” noted Tony Schiavone.

“The Exalted One” powerbombed Moxley. The champ kicked out at two! Mox crawled to the top of the stage and gave Brodie Lee a Paradigm Shift DDT through the ramp! Mox emerged, the first man up on is feet and back into the ring. Brodie Lee finally climbed out of the hole, his head now busted open. Brodie Lee kicked out of two Paradigm Shifts! Moxley hooked Brodie with a rear naked choke sleeper and Brodie passed out! Moxley won via ref stoppage!

And still the AEW World Champion Jon Moxley!

“We’ve never seen a world title match like this ever,” said Tony Schiavone.

It was time for the second of tonight’s two main events—the Stadium Stampede Match from the TIAA Bank Field—“The Inner Circle” (Team Captain Le Champion Chris Jericho, “Spanish God” Sammy Guevara, Jake Hager, Santana and Ortiz) vs. The Elite (AEW World Tag Team Champions Kenny Omega & “Hangman” Adam Page, team captains Matt & Nick Jackson, and “Broken” Matt Hardy)!

Falls count anywhere in the stadium! The Inner Circle wore football uniforms onto the field. The wrestling ring was set up on the 50-yard line. “Hangman” Adam Page was introduced by announcer Justin Roberts over the PA system but didn’t come out at the start of the match. Finally Page made an entrance on horseback and chased down Sammy into the arena!

The Young Bucks used tandem offense to knock down Jericho inside the ring.

“Matt Jackson’s ribs are really bothering him here,” noted Jim Ross.

The Inner Circle celebrated in the ring as Sammy returned to the ring. The cheerleaders were chanting “Sammy! Sammy! Sammy!” and twirling their pompoms! Matt Hardy spiked Sammy with the Twist of Fate!

Santana connected with a moonsault onto The Elite. Then Sammy followed up with a shooting star press!

Kenny Omega and Jake Hager slugged it out on the 30-yard line! Matt Jackson was rammed into the field goal post by Jericho!

Matt Jackson climbed a ladder and moonsaulted off the goal post onto Sammy and Jericho. It was good for a two-count on Jericho!

Santana and Ortiz double-teamed Omega in the two hundred level of the stadium. “Hangman” Page continued on horseback inside the stadium corridors, looking for Sammy.

In the upper deck area, Santana and Ortiz swung madballs at Hardy and Omega! Santana and Ortiz threw salt into Omega’s eyes. They gave him a combination powerbomb through a guardrail, the hard stadium concrete breaking his fall! Santana and Ortiz threw Hardy into the swimming pool in the rally zone and then put his head under water! When Hardy popped back out of the water, he was no longer Damascus but a different version of the Hardy vessel! Hardy began punishing Ortiz for what he did to Vanguard 1. Hardy back dropped Santana through a table onto Ortiz! Hardy rang Ortiz’s bell (literally)! Hardy duct taped Ortiz to a wheelchair and then put Santana on ice (literally)!

Hager was inside the stadium searching for “Hangman.” Hager found “Hangman” at the bar.

“Did you come here to fight or did you come here to drink?” asked “Hangman.” Page offered Hager a drink and then the fists started flying! Hager hoisted up “Hangman” and then slid him through everything on top of the bar like something out of a John Wayne western! Omega came to the aid of “Hangman,” who then hit the Buckshot Lariat on Hager. Page and Omega toasted one another.

Back on the field, Matt hit Northern Lights suplexes on Sammy across the entirety of the field. Nick Jackson kicked a bullhorn into Jericho’s face! Jericho hit Nick Jackson with “Floyd” the baseball bat and then covered him for a two-count! Jericho challenged ref Aubrey Edwards to watch the instant replay and after review, Aubrey said the call would not be overturned!

Matt Hardy and Kenny Omega chased down Sammy in a golf cart but Sammy climbed over the wall to escape. Matt Hardy and Kenny Omega caught Sammy after he was distracted by Neo 1 (the upgraded Vanguard 1). Omega took down Sammy with the One Winged Angel from high atop the stadium! Omega pinned Sammy and The Elite were victorious! They celebrated by dumping Gatorade onto Kenny Omega!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:26 am 

Jim Cornette & Wife Accused Of Predatory Behavior
gravatar By Felix Upton 11 hours ago

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/06/18/jim-cornette-wife-accused-of-predatory-behavior/amp/

Jim Cornette and his wife are now subject to accusations of misconduct, and it has nothing to do with anything Cornette said.

An indie wrestler using the Twitter name @AKI_Evolution as now added to the #SpeakingOut movement breaking out on social media. So far today two WWE Superstars have been called out with allegations.

These new accusations against Jim Cornette and his wife Stacey start with the couple attempting “to groom” the accuser. The victim was allegedly approached via DM and also sent “lewd pictures.” Sample photos were uploaded in a later tweet which you can find below.

There were others who the couple allegedly targeted. They kept people in this unhealthy and controlling situation and things were very bad if someone wanted out. It is alleged that another man was with them in this situation for years. When he finally left they allegedly did several things to “terrorize him.”

“I made a very vague post yesterday about @TheJimCornette.

In the face of current events I feel the need to clarify and speak up.

During my first year in the business, his wife, Stacy, attempted to groom me.

She approached via DM, sent me lewd photos I never asked for, implied protection from the Kentucky commission (stating he was a family friend), and told me she WAS going to f*ck me, as if I didn’t have a choice.

My experience with them is tame compared to others, though.

When Jim was booking at OVW, if you wanted a contract or on his show, you HAD to perform sexual acts on his wife, many times with him watching. This has happened for many, MANY people.

A close friend of mine was groomed and basically brainwashed by them for YEARS. When he finally escaped, Stacy went to great lengths to not only terrorize him, but to actively try to have other wrestlers physically assault him.

I was one of them. She sent me pictures show tires of his he’s slashed, and bragging about setting him up to lose his job, his apartment, even his car.

All because he escaped an extremely toxic relationship and didn’t want anything to do with them.

Stacy bragged about being able to call the Kentucky commission to give him ‘targets’. He was a family friend, and if she wanted, she could turn his attention to anyone licensed in the state to potentially hurt, and sometimes even ruin their careers.

When he says ‘cult of cornette’, it’s because he has a history of taking advantage of greenhorns using his power and position as booker for OVW in order to fufill his and his wife’s sexual desires.

They used their place of power to hurt many, many people.

No one wants to speak up because of his position in wrestling, but this is EXTREMELY common knowledge among OVW alumni.

This will probably ruin a lot of opportunities in wrestling, and that’s fine, but make no mistake: Jim Cornette is trash. He and his wife have made power plays in order to hurt many, many people.

f*ck you Jim. f*ck you Stacy. You are scum.

I just feel like I betrayed the school that let me learn the craft of professional wrestling. OVW is the reason I turned my life around. And I feel like I’ve betrayed them. That’s how messed up wrestling can be.

My hands are shaking and I’m scared sh*tless over typing this.

If it was a man sending a woman unwanted nudes, telling them how they WERE going to f*ck them, and tried to get them to actively commit crimes to hurt others, no one would tell me ‘I don’t see anything wrong with this.’

I hated it and how it made me feel.”

These are some pretty heavy accusations. At this time Jim Cornette has not commented on the matter.

There are a lot of people coming forward today with stories of misconduct. Jordan Devlin and Ligero were also called out with abuse allegations. We will keep a close eye on this situation.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:23 pm 

AEW suspends Sammy Guevara after ‘rape’ Sasha Banks clip resurfaces
By Justin Tasch

June 22, 2020 | 4:18pm | Updated

https://nypost.com/2020/06/22/aew-suspends-sammy-guevara-after-rape-sasha-bank-clip-resurfaces/

In a resurfaced audio clip from 2016, current AEW star Sammy Guevara said he would “rape” WWE star Sasha Banks.

The comments, made on the “Raw’s 4th Hour” podcast, resurfaced amid a recent flood of sexual misconduct allegations across the professional wrestling industry. Guevara said in the clip he had seen Banks at a WWE event in Texas which Guevara attended in case the company needed an extra for a segment.

“Bro, Sasha Banks, oh my God. When I was at the WWE the other week, I wanted to just go f–king rape that woman,” Guevara says in the clip.

Guevara was suspended indefinitely by AEW on Monday. His future with the company will be re-evaluated after “extensive sensitivity training.”

“I’ve made stupid, inappropriate and extremely offensive comments in my past,” Guevara wrote on Twitter before his ban was announced. “In my idiotic mind, I thought I was being funny in using words and terms that represent nothing but horror and pain. I am truly sorry for my hurtful words and actions, and I will never forgive myself.”

Banks, real name Mercedes Varnado, said Monday that Guevara apologized during a conversation the two had.

“Earlier I spoke with Sammy, he apologized and we had an open discussion,” Banks wrote on Twitter. “Words like the comments he made, jokingly or not, have absolutely no place in our society! I don’t condone or tolerate this kind of behavior. What one thinks is just a side comment can have a massive impact on someone else’s life, and can send the wrong message.

“We have to hold ourselves accountable for our actions and the words we say, and I hope this situation shows him that. I hope from this point on, in order for growth and change within our community to take place, we all can continue to have these conversations. No person, man, woman or child, should ever be subjected to a feeling of fear, or any unsafe environment. We all have to do better not just for ourselves, but for generations to come.”

Many sexual misconduct accusations in the wrestling industry have been made through the #SpeakingOut hashtag on Twitter. WWE fired Jack Gallagher after he was accused of sexual assault.

WWE’s Matt Riddle was accused by wrestler Candy Cartwright of sexual assault. Riddle denied the accusations. A statement from Riddle’s attorney said “allegations by this independent female performer are completely false and another attempt to harass and humiliate Mr. and Mrs. Riddle and to try to tarnish their reputation in the community.”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:40 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:36 pm 

Sammy Guevara Returns to AEW TV Following Suspension

Sammy Guevara returned to AEW Dynamite after being suspended for one month without pay when inappropriate remarks made by the wrestler resurfaced.

By Noah Dominguez 6 days ago

https://www.cbr.com/aew-sammy-guevara-returns-from-suspension/

Professional wrestler Sammy Guevara has made his return to AEW Dynamite after serving a one-month suspension without pay, which was implemented after inappropriate comments he had made about WWE superstar Sasha Banks in 2016 resurfaced.

During the most recent episode of Dynamite, which aired tonight on TNT, Guevara -- initially disguised as the masked wrestler Serpentico -- rejoined the ranks of the Inner Circle. A multi-man tag team match was then made for next week's episode -- pitting Guevara, Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Santana and Ortiz against the Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent), Orange Cassidy, Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy. Guevara celebrated his return on Twitter, writing, "The Spanish God is back!"

Guevara was the subject of major backlash last month, when a clip from the wrestler's Jan. 25, 2016 appearance on The Whole F'N Show podcast circulated on social media. In the clip, Guevara -- then 22 -- made troubling remarks about WWE's Sasha Banks, joking that he had wanted to "rape" her. This clip being unearthed coincided with the #SpeakingOut movement, which involved multiple individuals recounting their experiences with sexual abuse and harassment in the professional wrestling industry.

Amid the controversy, All Elite Wrestling announced on June 22 -- exactly one month ago -- that it had suspended Guevara without pay, and that the wrestler had agreed to undergo and complete sensitivity training before returning to television. AEW -- which is based in Jacksonville, Florida -- also explained that while Guevara was serving his suspension, his entire salary would be donated to the Women's Center of Jacksonville.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9