Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496 ... 566  Next
 Post subject: Re: TRUMP
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:35 pm 

Trump... a face only a mother could love !
:mrgreen:

(... preferably deaf, dumb and blind)
8)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:58 pm 

As we all know, President Trump is the most transparent president in the history of the United States of America,
he said so himself, so it's got to be true.....

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:06 am 

Christopher Weyant

Emad Hajjaj

John Cole

Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy on Thu May 23, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:19 am 

Trump's views on people he has appointed himself...

Rex Tillerson: "A man who is “dumb as a rock...
and totally ill prepared and ill equipped to be Secretary of State".

Jeff Sessions: “This guy is mentally retarded. He’s this dumb Southerner... He couldn’t even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama.”

Michael Cohen: "One of many lawyers who represented me (unfortunately). He had other clients also. He was just disbarred by the State Supreme Court for lying & fraud. He did bad things unrelated to Trump. He is lying in order to reduce his prison time. Using Crooked’s lawyer!"

Steve Bannon: "The Mercer Family recently dumped the leaker known as Sloppy Steve Bannon. Smart!"

Jim Mattis: "A sort of Democrat."

General McMaster: "Forgot to say that the results of the 2016 election were not impacted or changed by the Russians."

Michael Flynn: "I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies."

If delegating authority to those you can identify as being competent is, in itself, the sign of a competent president, then Trump would appear be sadly lacking - even by his own account.

Last edited by Caputh on Thu May 23, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 am 

:roll: Nothing you've stated above has detracted from less than zero. 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:05 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
:roll: Nothing you've stated above has detracted from less than zero. 8)

"I'm Alfie Noakes - No, I'm Alfie Noakes - Are you really? - Yes - Let's split the fee." :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:31 pm 

President breaks law live on TV yesterday.... :shock:

When Cheeto went on TV and said he would no longer work with congress if they keep investigating him he made the offer that"I will work with congress when they stop investigating me...".

This amounts to an offer to do something if the other party does something in return, this is spelled out in no uncertain terms as illegal in the Government Codes governing legislation at the federal level... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:36 pm 

Plook wrote:
. . . this is spelled out in no uncertain terms as illegal in the Government Codes governing legislation at the federal level... :smoke:
Yeah? Well, in Cheetoland, that's known as Wednesday. 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:24 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Plook wrote:
. . . this is spelled out in no uncertain terms as illegal in the Government Codes governing legislation at the federal level... :smoke:
Yeah? Well, in Cheetoland, that's known as Wednesday. 8)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:55 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
As we all know, President Trump is the most transparent president in the history of the United States of America,
he said so himself, so it's got to be true.....
Bruce Plante

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:08 pm 

I like that
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/23/politics/donald-trump-rex-tillerson-secretary-of-state/index.html

That's your leader, folks !
:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:14 pm 

It grows and it grows...
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/445351-former-gop-lawmaker-pens-op-ed-calling-for-trump-to-be-impeached

Isn't that groovy ?
8)

Nevertheless, impeachment should be handle with care.
Some folks are too stupid to hear the Truth
:roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:52 pm 

Face it: Trump's a psycho.

He's not fit to scrub toilets at Mar-a-Lago; much less be President of the United States...

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:26 pm 

someone else's money can buy you anything.....

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:56 pm 

So, Trump now stoops to faking videos. Stoop further, Trump - I can almost grasp your haemmoroids.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:59 pm 

Caputh wrote:
So, Trump now stoops to faking videos. Stoop further, Trump - I can almost grasp your haemmoroids.

and I hear today that Boris has as great a chance as any to be next PM if there's anyone watching

Post subject: Re: trump
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:26 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:

He's not fit to scrub toilets at Mar-a-Lago; much less be President of the United States...

a psycho he is. that's for sure.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:17 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:

Both of your IQs just hit yet another record low. Congratulations.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming of, As The Zappa Forum Turns...

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:39 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming of, As The Zappa Forum Turns...

Psst I make him drink my Piss :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:18 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
What was the previous record?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:54 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

4'33"

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:37 pm 

punknaynowned wrote:
Caputh wrote:

and I hear today that Boris has as great a chance as any to be next PM if there's anyone watching

Boris is what happens when you send Trump to Eton.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:19 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Less than 20 minutes to fill one side !
:smoke:

Seriously, I envy you folks who've been told by the stupidest member that you've reached a record low in IQ.
Let's buy a long sleeves sweater to "La Venus de Milo"
8)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:01 am 

Disco Boy's "lowest IQ" Top Ten Hall of Fame...
Joint #1 Lumpy Gravy
Joint #1 Mental Toss Flycoon
#3 Most of the Zappa Forum
Joint #4 Lumpy Gravy
Joint #4 Mental Toss Flycoon
#5 Max Lobster
#6 Spacebrother
#7 Polydigm
#8 the Z forum
#9 the Z forum
# 10 Caputh

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:51 am 

Trump uses emergency powers to clear Saudi Arabia, UAE arms deals
Karoun Demirjian·16:26, May 25th 2019

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo notified lawmakers Friday that President Donald Trump is invoking his emergency authority to sidestep Congress and complete 22 arms deals that would benefit Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and other countries, despite lawmakers' objections to the transactions.

Republicans and Democrats urged the Trump administration this week not to take the rare step of exploiting a legal window to push through deals - worth about US$8 billion, according to congressional aides - that lawmakers have blocked from being finalised.

Pompeo's notification letters effectively give the Trump administration a green light to conclude the sale and transfer of bombs, missile systems, semiautomatic rifles, drones and repair and maintenance services to aid the Saudi air fleet, and precision-guided munitions that lawmakers fear Saudi Arabia may use against civilians in Yemen's civil war.

EVAN VUCCI/AP
US President Donald Trump had been urged not to move forward with the arms deals.
(ghost note) US President Donald Trump waves goodbye to the rule of law, so long little lawmakers.

Senator Robert Menendez, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, had been blocking the sale of the precision-guided munitions. In a statement, he said that Trump had "failed once again to prioritise our long term national security interests or stand up for human rights, and instead is granting favours to authoritarian countries like Saudi Arabia."

Foreign Relations Committee Chairman James Risch said in a statement that he was "reviewing and analysing the legal justification for this action and the associated implications."

AP
Trump's arms deals are worth billions of dollars.

Traditionally, the administration must notify Congress when it contemplates a new arms sale, giving lawmakers the opportunity to review deals and block those they find objectionable. In each of his letters notifying lawmakers of the decision, Pompeo stated that he had "determined that an emergency exists which requires the proposed sale in the national security interest of the United States and thus, waives the congressional review requirements" - without noting the nature of the emergency or offering details about it.

In his letters, he added that the government had "taken into account political, military, economic, human rights, and arms control considerations."

Lawmakers have frequently questioned the Trump administration's approach to national security policy and its track record on human rights. In particular, Trump and Congress have been at odds over the president's unapologetic embrace of Saudi leaders, despite US intelligence showing that the Saudi crown prince was behind the October 2018 killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a contributing columnist for The Washington Post.

This year, the House and Senate voted to end US support for the Saudi-led military coalition operating in Yemen - a move that Trump vetoed with the support of most of the GOP. But even key Republican lawmakers who balked at curtailing US engagement through a war-powers resolution have advocated halting nondefensive weapons sales to Saudi Arabia and its coalition allies until the country does more to improve the humanitarian crisis in Yemen.

"There is no new 'emergency' reason to sell bombs to the Saudis to drop in Yemen, and doing so only perpetuates the humanitarian crisis there," Senator Chris Murphy, one of Congress' chief advocates for extracting the United States from the Yemen conflict, said in a statement. "This sets an incredibly dangerous precedent ... If we don't stand up to this abuse of authority, we will permanently box ourselves out of deciding who we should sell weapons to."

But it is not clear how lawmakers will try to reassert control over the arms deals or challenge Trump's use of emergency authority over them. Democrats are hoping that Risch will agree to expedite legislation through the Foreign Relations Committee that could stop the contracts before parts and weapons are sent abroad. Barring that, they may try to use funding measures to block completion of the sales, by prohibiting federal funds from being used to transfer the weapons.

Lawmakers anticipated that the Trump administration might try to push through arms deals benefiting Saudi Arabia, in light of increased tensions with Iran. Earlier this week, Pompeo, acting defense secretary Patrick Shanahan and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Joseph Dunford Jr., briefed all House and Senate lawmakers on the intelligence behind the administration's latest moves in the Persian Gulf, arguing they were necessary to respond to evidence showing an increased threat.

Republicans largely endorsed their actions as prudent, while Democrats accused the officials of spinning the evidence to justify a march toward war, expressing consternation that the administration would not consult Congress before taking military action.

Yet the breadth of the Trump administration's decision Friday, which benefits many more countries than just Saudi Arabia and the UAE, Iran's regional rivals, will probably upset members of both parties, according to congressional aides. Thus far, however, few are openly criticising it, save for figures such as Representative Justin Amash, who is also the only congressional Republican to have endorsed the idea of impeaching Trump.

Amash tweeted about the arms sale Friday: "Congress must reclaim its powers. When will the legislative branch stand up to the executive branch?"

Democratic congressional aides pointed to one transaction - a deal to support manufacturing and production of F-18 combat jets - as particularly disturbing. Saudi Arabia does not use F-18s but helps make them for countries such as Israel, India and South Korea.

Democrats are also questioning whether Trump invoked the proper emergency authority under the Arms Export Control Act, pointing out that deals with NATO countries and allies such as Australia are treated as legally distinct from deals with nations such Saudi Arabia and arguing Pompeo's letters conflate them.

"The Administration failed to even identify which legal mechanism it thinks it is using, described years of malign Iranian behaviour but failed to identify what actually constitutes an emergency today, and critically, failed to explain how these systems, many of which will take years to come online, would immediately benefit either the United States or our allies and thus merit such hasty action," Menendez said, accusing Trump of "destroying" relations between Congress and the executive branch and jeopardising the interests of defense contractors.

The Washington Post

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... arms-deals

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496 ... 566  Next