Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:10 pm 

KUIII wrote:
^^^ I think I’m going to dress up like that virus next Halloween. :lol:

I'm going as a Honey Badger, I wonder what RG will dress as... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:22 pm 

Just thought I’d give a little update on my health. The last CT scan from about a month ago showed everything holding steady. No further spread of the cancer and the main mass in my pancreas is still in its shrunken state. I did have a blood clot in my left leg six weeks ago that put me in the hospital a couple nights. After a procedure to mostly clear it out I’ve been on blood thinners since and my leg is mostly back to normal though there’s still a little swelling sometimes. Otherwise all my vitals are really good. They did put me on different chemo meds about a month ago and now I just have it done every other week instead of three weeks on and one off. Another great thing about the new meds is that it doesn’t kill my hair like the other stuff did. My body now grows hair again! I’m sporting a decent mustache/imperial/goatee combination now. I was debating whether to let my hair grow back again but I’ve become fond of the chrome dome. It’s so easy to care for and saves a lot of time not having to shampoo and groom. If it’s good enough for Joe Satriani, Tony Levin, and baddy it’s good enough for me. Plus when I did let it grow out a little it was completely gray and we’ve already got one gray ghost around here. On another good happiness note, I finally moved to where I want to be eight months after the fire. OMG, freaking air conditioning! Where I was staying for the last three months had none and it gets freaking hot around here.

In a way I don’t really want to talk about the cancer that much (though if anybody is curious l certainly don’t mind) because it’s just part of my life now and I don’t feel like I’m going to keel over anytime soon. I also don’t want people to treat me like a little dying bird like some people did (not on this forum, thank you). After I first got diagnosed and word started getting around some (religious) people that I knew only very casually were contacting me and saying they were praying for me and giving me advice about God and whatnot. They meant well I am sure but I just wanted to slap them. Well, enough of my yakking. Peace out. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:43 pm 

How's the weight KU'?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:46 pm 

hey dean, thanks for the update.
things sound like they are rolling along smoother than... well, wait, it's just...

have you got a minute to talk about your lord and savior? :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:22 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
How's the weight KU'?

Ha, I almost addressed that thinking of your many queries on the subject. :lol: It’s pretty good, meaning I’m not too fat or too skinny imo. One of the nice things about chemo is that it suppresses my appetite for several days and helps keep my weight in check. It’s much more effective than Jenny Craig imo. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:28 am 

lapsed maps wrote:
hey dean, thanks for the update.
things sound like they are rolling along smoother than... well, wait, it's just...

have you got a minute to talk about your lord and savior? :wink:

Forehand Slap! Backhand Slap! Two Handed Skull Crusher Slap!!! :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:09 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Just thought I’d give a little update on my health. The last CT scan from about a month ago showed everything holding steady. No further spread of the cancer and the main mass in my pancreas is still in its shrunken state. I did have a blood clot in my left leg six weeks ago that put me in the hospital a couple nights. After a procedure to mostly clear it out I’ve been on blood thinners since and my leg is mostly back to normal though there’s still a little swelling sometimes. Otherwise all my vitals are really good. They did put me on different chemo meds about a month ago and now I just have it done every other week instead of three weeks on and one off. Another great thing about the new meds is that it doesn’t kill my hair like the other stuff did. My body now grows hair again! I’m sporting a decent mustache/imperial/goatee combination now. I was debating whether to let my hair grow back again but I’ve become fond of the chrome dome. It’s so easy to care for and saves a lot of time not having to shampoo and groom. If it’s good enough for Joe Satriani, Tony Levin, and baddy it’s good enough for me. Plus when I did let it grow out a little it was completely gray and we’ve already got one gray ghost around here. On another good happiness note, I finally moved to where I want to be eight months after the fire. OMG, freaking air conditioning! Where I was staying for the last three months had none and it gets freaking hot around here.

In a way I don’t really want to talk about the cancer that much (though if anybody is curious l certainly don’t mind) because it’s just part of my life now and I don’t feel like I’m going to keel over anytime soon. I also don’t want people to treat me like a little dying bird like some people did (not on this forum, thank you). After I first got diagnosed and word started getting around some (religious) people that I knew only very casually were contacting me and saying they were praying for me and giving me advice about God and whatnot. They meant well I am sure but I just wanted to slap them. Well, enough of my yakking. Peace out. 8)
wow, you've been through a lot. happy to see that you're doing well. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:19 pm 

^^Thank you much, LG! I’m in relative heaven right now in the new digs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:39 pm 

That's good to hear KUIII,

...keep on keepin' on!

:D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:24 am 

Keep strong, KUIII, the Tony Levin look is not bad but, unlike baddy, it will grow back...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:33 am 

Ku your my hero... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7