Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:23 am 

I hope he turns on Seth Sunday and becomes heel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:30 am 

^^^^^
Yes! Yes! Yes!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:14 pm 

Details on Matt Hardy's WWE Future, Partnership With Bray Wyatt

By Jeremy Snodgrass - August 17, 2018
https://comicbook.com/wwe/2018/08/17/matt-hardy-wwe-bray-wyatt-future/

In recent weeks, Matt Hardy sent out a few tweets appearing to signal the end of his career. While 43-year old has yet to officially retire, it looks like we can wave him goodbye for the foreseeable future.

One of Hardy's latest posts revealed his lower back and pelvis were fusing together, while he won't need surgery, he will need time away to heal. And according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Hardy may begin a transition to a backstage role in WWE. Even more, it looks like his partnership with Bray Wyatt has concluded.

Hardy hinted as much following Raw this Monday when he thanked Wyatt and said: "I shall miss you."

Thank you for everything, my COMPEER.. I shall miss you, @WWEBrayWyatt. pic.twitter.com/RYk8E6HCRe
— Matthew Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) August 14, 2018

Hardy and Wyatt's partnership has been one of the better subplots WWE has used in 2018. Combining Wyatt's world of the occult and the eccentric "Woken" persona of Hardy, the unique duo has supplied its fair share of memorable moments. While winning the Raw Tag Team Championships was good for the resume, Hardy and Wyatt's partnership will be most remembered for their Ultimate Deletion match in March.

Below the in-ring surface, the combination of Wyatt and Hardy looks to have paid dividends. For Hardy, his mission to bring pry the formerly "Broken" character to WWE was a smashing success. Not only did Hardy fight and win the legal rights, but he also was able to bring the character to the WWE Universe. Even more, it worked. Hardy's commitment to vision on the character is one of the best examples of tenacity in recent memory.
0comments

For Wyatt, his alignment with Hardy has refreshed his character. While he's a nicer version of his voodoo character, Bray was able to endear himself to sections of the WWE crowd that typically booed him. Now, Bray has further endeared himself to an audience that was already eager to support him. Now that he can fly solo again, the Bray Wyatt character may be in for a renaissance.

This story is developing...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:56 am 

sounds serious!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:07 am 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:27 am 

Hey Cory1984
What happened to your boy KO?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:30 pm 

NicHoLai wrote:
Hey Cory1984

*smh* All I can say is KO will fight another day! How about that chokeslam Strowman laid on him? right into the diamond plate! Ouch!

Highlights for me were:

Intercontinental Championship Match
Seth Rollins def. Dolph Ziggler (c) NEW CHAMPION

SmackDown Women’s Championship Triple Threat Match
Charlotte Flair def. Carmella (c) and Becky Lynch, NEW CHAMPION

The Miz def. Daniel Bryan

Raw Women’s Championship Match
Ronda Rousey def. Alexa Bliss (c) NEW CHAMPION

WWE Championship Match
Samoa Joe def. AJ Styles (c) by DQ

I'm a Balor fan, and was glad to see the Demon back. However the match against Corbin was lackluster.
Not really a fan of Reigns or Lesnar but was glad to see Lesnar finally lose the Universal Championship. (Strowman's involvement helped this match substantially.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:48 am 

cory1984 wrote:
NicHoLai wrote:
Hey Cory1984

*smh* All I can say is KO will fight another day! How about that chokeslam Strowman laid on him? right into the diamond plate! Ouch!

Highlights for me were:

Intercontinental Championship Match
Seth Rollins def. Dolph Ziggler (c) NEW CHAMPION

SmackDown Women’s Championship Triple Threat Match
Charlotte Flair def. Carmella (c) and Becky Lynch, NEW CHAMPION

The Miz def. Daniel Bryan

Raw Women’s Championship Match
Ronda Rousey def. Alexa Bliss (c) NEW CHAMPION

WWE Championship Match
Samoa Joe def. AJ Styles (c) by DQ

I'm a Balor fan, and was glad to see the Demon back. However the match against Corbin was lackluster.
Not really a fan of Reigns or Lesnar but was glad to see Lesnar finally lose the Universal Championship. (Strowman's involvement helped this match substantially.)

I was thinking the exact same thing!!!

He looked out of it after that. I'm sure he was selling it, as he should taking a choke slam from a monster. Even though the plate looked like it had some give.....the back of his head hit the plate hard.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:51 am 

Triple H vs. The Undertaker: A Rivalry 23 Years In The Making

https://lastwordonprowrestling.com/2018/08/20/triple-h-vs-the-undertaker-a-rivalry-23-years-in-the-making/

It was rumoured for months, confirmed last week, and tonight Triple H addressed it – at the October Super Showdown PPV in Australia, Triple H would face The Undertaker once more, for “the last time ever”. While many joked about how “The End of the Era” match from WrestleMania 28 was supposed to be the last time ever, Triple H clarified that that simply meant the end of the Attitude Era, which both he and Triple H – alongside guest referee Shawn Michaels – were main players in. But he declared the Attitude Era was back for one more match, that will officially be the final pairing of the two multi-time WWE World Champions. Others on Social Media asked if Triple H and The Undertaker is really a rivalry worthy of such a showcase with such billing – but while it may not be Bret vs. Shawn or Rock vs. Austin in terms of historical narrative, the two men have a 23-year rivalry competing against (and with) each other, that lead to two classic WrestleMania match-ups in the last two match ups. Here’s an overview of the 23 year rivalry between “The Game” and “The Deadman".

The Shield reunites on Raw

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/8/20/17762774/the-shield-reunites-raw-wwe-roman-reigns-seth-rollins-dean-ambrose-braun-strowman

By Tommy Messano Aug 20, 2018, 11:17pm EDT
Roman Reigns and Finn Balor went out and tried to put on the best match of the weekend on Monday Night Raw.

Reigns and Balor proved to be magic in the ring, and it would take something out of this world to top it. Then WWE topped all those Reigns vs Balor good vibes twice in the span of 60 seconds.

First in the waning moments of Reigns’ Universal title defense against Balor, Braun Strowman showed up on the entrance ramp with his Money in the Bank briefcase in hand. The Monster’s distraction gave Balor an opening and a shotgun drop kick put Reigns in place for a match ending Coup de Grace that just missed.

For half a second, we thought Balor got one over on The Big Dog.

Off Balor’s miss, Reigns speared his opponent for the three count.

#TheBigDog @WWERomanReigns has retained his #UniversalTitle...but LOOK WHO'S HERE!#RAW @BraunStrowman pic.twitter.com/bp5jhZ4D2l
— WWE (@WWE) August 21, 2018

As soon as the Raw main event was over, Strowman swooped in to kick Reigns in the chest and hand over his briefcase to the WWE official, while the fans at the Barclays Center lost their mind.

Before the bell could sound for Reigns vs. Strowman, The Shield's music hit and the Brooklyn crowd lost it’s mind (again).

WAIT WHAT pic.twitter.com/4v5O7TSJGz
— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) August 21, 2018

The Monster Among Men tried to fight off Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns but eventually got caught up in that damn numbers game.

TRIPLE POWERBOMB.@BraunStrowman's #MITB cash-in attempt as been THWARTED by THE SHIELD! #RAW pic.twitter.com/ao0hyj1BXo
— WWE (@WWE) August 21, 2018

Love a good triple powerbomb.

How will Strowman retaliate versus the newly reunited Shield? Where do Finn Balor and the shadow Brock Lesnar fit in this new Universal title landscape?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:45 pm 

Ric Flair Talks Hulk Hogan Working With WWE Again, If He Had Issues With Hogan In WCW
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0823/645147/ric-flair-talks-hulk-hogan-working-with-wwe-again/

Ric Flair's legendary journey in the professional wrestling business is far from over at this point as he survived his devastating medical crisis a year ago and his spirits seem to be higher than ever. The Nature Boy recently spoke to Wrestling Inc. President Raj Giri about his old friend Hulk Hogan and how he feels about his reinstatement into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Flair discredited some opinions that he had a problem with Hogan back in WCW when Hollywood had creative control of his on-screen character. Flair was quick to note that Eric Bischoff was the issue as he and Hogan were friends and have always remained close, even through Flair's 2017 illness.

"People keep asking me, the rub was me and Bischoff," Flair told Giri. "It wasn't me and Hogan. I mean at the end of the day, Hogan was the second person to come see me in the hospital. I don't know, but he got in a Leer Jet and flew up here I mean, we've always been friends."

Flair admits that at the time in WCW, there were times he wasn't happy, but the spotlight they gave him made it worth it. He would quit or get fired, but WCW kept calling him to come back. Flair said he was happy to see his friend Hogan back in the WWE Hall Of Fame, a place where he himself has two separate inductions.

"I'm very happy to see him back," Flair said. "I don't pretend to understand any of that. I've heard so many different sides of the story and all that.

"I think that anyone who portrays him as anything less than a good person that has done an excellent job, I mean he's been through a lot -- just think about it. His wife was terrible during the divorce and then there was the accident with [Hogan's] son and then this.

"I mean, he's had to go through a lot and the thing is great about Hulk is that he's still the most expensive guy to get out there to sign autographs. He's still Hulk Hogan, they can do whatever they want. If you want Hulk Hogan, you gotta have a big wallet, that's the way it is."

Hogan's reinstatement into the WWE Hall Of Fame wouldn't have been required in the first place if he hadn't been secretly recorded twelve years prior. Flair spoke about how things have changed in that regard and how he's glad the same technology wasn't around in his day to catch him in some of The Nature Boy's legendary shenanigans.

"I mean Jesus Christ, we're all sitting here wondering if [there's] a spy camera now, you know?" Flair continued. "You never know, right? It's a good thing they never put a camera in my room, [fiancee] Wendy would be a national hero! I couldn't probably get work for her anywhere!

"I wonder how I'd react to social media in the 80's wearing my robe up and down the airplane serving drinks. [I] would have probably ended up on the cover of Time!"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:52 pm 

Kevin Owens Says He's Quitting WWE After Losing to Seth Rollins on Raw
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792969-kevin-owens-says-hes-quitting-wwe-after-losing-to-seth-rollins-on-raw

JOSEPH ZUCKER
AUGUST 27, 2018
WWE fans may have seen the last of Kevin Owens.

The former universal champion unsuccessfully challenged Seth Rollins for the intercontinental title on Raw Monday night. After the match, KO quit the company and walked out of the ring.

Owens has endured a painful summer.

He defeated Braun Strowman in a Steel Cage match at Extreme Rules in July, but he only earned the win because his opponent threw him through an announce table to the floor.

A month earlier at Money in the Bank, The Monster Among Men tipped over a ladder on which Owens was standing, sending him through a table.

And that's to say nothing of the moment when Strowman pushed a portable toilet with KO inside off the Raw stage.

Owens had an opportunity for revenge at SummerSlam on August 19, but Strowman dominated the match and beat The Prizefighter in under two minutes.

Having Owens "quit" WWE could be a way to write him off television for a while, which will allow him to recover physically and give time for his character to move on from a period in which he came second in almost every big match.

WWE could even wait until Sami Zayn is healthy to bring Owens back into the fold, but that could be a while.

Zayn had surgery on both of his rotator cuffs and said in a June WWE.com interview he was aiming to be back in time for WrestleMania 35 next spring.

The Survivor Series in November seems a more logical event for Owens' PPV return, if he is headed for an extended break.
:shock:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:36 am 

WWE RAW: Undertaker makes SHOCK return and teases another epic match with Shawn Michaels

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/wwe/1012650/WWE-news-RAW-Undertaker-Shawn-Michaels-Triple-H-WWE-Super-Show-Down-WrestleMania

By KONSTANTINOS LIANOS
PUBLISHED: 04:25, Tue, Sep 4, 2018
UPDATED: 23:56, Tue, Sep 4, 2018

Undertaker will take on Michaels’ best friend and former D-Generation X team-mate Triple H for the last time ever on October 6 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia.

The Heartbreak Kid came back to RAW at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio to address next month’s encounter Down Under and predicted that The Game will finally beat Taker.

The Deadman defeated The Cerebral Assassin in their last two encounters at WrestleMania 27 and 28 but HBK believes Triple H has a lot more left in the tank than his legendary rival.

The Showstopper said: “The fact of the matter is, and it’s purely professional, Undertaker this is what you need to understand.

Backstage News On Shawn Michaels Possibly Returning To The Ring This Year
By Raj Giri | September 06, 2018

Shawn Michaels is reportedly coming out of retirement for one more match, according to Dave Meltzer in the latest issue of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

As seen on RAW this past Monday night, Michaels shot an angle with The Undertaker where Taker taunted Michaels for staying retired, asking if it was out of respect or fear. Taker is scheduled to face Triple H at the WWE Super Show-Down event in Australia on October 6th.

According to The Observer, the internal plan is for Michaels to return to the ring at the next WWE event in Saudi Arabia on November 2nd. WWE had tried to get Michaels to work at the last event in Saudi Arabia, and Meltzer noted that these events are even bigger than WrestleMania financially.

It was noted that Michaels is not scheduled to work a singles match. Given the angle on RAW this past Monday, it would make sense for Michaels to team with Triple H against The Undertaker and a partner. Michaels confirmed on RAW this past Monday that he will be at WWE Super Show-Down in Australia next month for the final battle between Triple H and Taker, so it's likely that they will setup an angle there for Saudi Arabia.

In an interview with Inside The Ropes last month, Michaels discussed a possible in-ring return and suggested that it may be "more trouble than it's worth."

"Let's just say I did it and the match is phenomenal," Michaels said. "The reality is this hairline is still what it is -- like it's all hot and sweaty -- and even if the match is phenomenal and everything else, you're still gonna bust my chops because I've got no way not to expose to you that I'm 53. That's the thing -- and I don't mean it in a bad way -- but you want me to kip up and everything look as if it was 1996, '97. That's not gonna happen because father time waits for no man.

"There's a lot of stuff like what do you do and even does the young guy benefit when all is said and done. I don't know, it just seems like more trouble than it's worth."

Full interview here:
https://youtu.be/mD7x9kCqgb8

Michaels hasn't wrestled since losing a retirement match to The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVI in 2010

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:40 am 

Renee Young Joins WWE Raw's Announce Team Full Time, Replacing Jonathan Coachman

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795063-renee-young-joins-wwe-raws-announce-team-full-time-replacing-jonathan-coachman

TYLER CONWAY
SEPTEMBER 10, 2018
WWE is making Renee Young's move to the announce team permanent.

The company announced Young will replace Jonathan Coachman as the third person at the table alongside Michael Cole and Corey Graves for Monday Night Raw. She will be the first woman to announce the show on a full-time basis.

It's a move that has seemingly been in the making for some time. Young has been joining Cole and Graves for women's matches in recent weeks, and she is part of the Mae Young Classic broadcast team with Cole and Beth Phoenix.

Coachman will switch roles and become the new host of pay-per-view kickoff shows.

The change will allow him to focus more on work outside the WWE (as he has missed Raws before to call sporting events) while also changing a dynamic that was not working. Coachman was the odd man out throughout his return to the booth, missing calls and becoming the butt of jokes from Graves.

Young, 32, has been with WWE since 2012. She began her career doing backstage interviews and has increasingly become part of the WWE fabric. Her role has since expanded to hosting shows on the WWE Network and the pay-per-view kickoffs in addition to interviews.

"I am so so so insanely excited about this! To be the first woman to take over that chair that so many amazingly talented voices and personalities have sat in before me! Thank you to @VinceMcMahon @StephMcMahon @TripleH @MichaelCole and @WWEGraves (and MANY others)," Young said on Twitter.

Young's move to the broadcast team also comes before WWE holds its first all-women's pay-per-view, Evolution, on October 28.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:54 am 

Mixed Match Challenge: Matches Announced For Season 2 Premiere

WWE has announced the first two matches for Mixed Match Challenge Season Two. The mixed tag team single-elimination tournament returns Tuesday, September 18th. Like the first season, Mixed Match Challenge will stream exclusively on Facebook Watch on Tuesday nights immediately following Smackdown Live.

The season premiere of MMC Season 2 will feature:

WWE Champion AJ Styles & Smackdown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair vs. Jimmy Uso and Naomi
Braun Strowman and Alexa Bliss vs. Kevin Owens and Natalya

Mixed Match Challenge Season 2 Teams

Raw Teams

Braun Strowman and Alexa Bliss

Bobby Lashley and Sasha Banks

Finn Balor and Bayley

Jinder Mahal and Alicia Fox

Kevin Owens and Natalya

Smackdown Live Teams

The Miz and Asuka

Jimmy Uso and Naomi

Rusev and Lana

R-Truth and Carmella

WWE Champion AJ Styles and Smackdown Women’s

Champion Charlotte Flair

Who do you think will win Mixed Match Challenge Season 2?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:55 pm 

Mick Foley announced as guest referee for
Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/9/10/17844646/mick-foley-guest-referee-roman-reigns-braun-strowman-hell-in-a-cell-wwe-raw

By Tommy Messano on September 10, 2018 11:02 pm

When the Cell calls, Mick Foley always answers.

In need of a little extra sizzle to their steak, this week on Raw none other than Mick Foley was announced as the special guest referee for Roman Reigns’ Universal title defense versus Braun Strowman at Hell in a Cell.

Foley made the proclamation the only way you can on Raw in 2018, by interrupting an Elias performance.

Okay, well if Mick Foley is going to be inside of the cell with Reigns and Strowman, does that mean the 53-year-old former champion will get physical in the match?

Bah Gawd, please don’t break Mick Foley in half.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:32 am 

With the whole Women's revolution in full swing, why would they not have a Women's HIAC match this year.

So Charlotte v Becky wont upstage Rousey v Bliss?

So HIAC wont upstage "Evolution"?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:35 am 

NicHoLai wrote:
With the whole Women's revolution in full swing, why would they not have a Women's HIAC match this year.

So Charlotte v Becky wont upstage Rousey v Bliss?

So HIAC wont upstage "Evolution"?

That's a very good question, and I would guess it has a lot to do with Evolution.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:39 am 

Breaking: WWE Makes Changes to the Hell In A Cell Cage

Wrestling fans have grown accustomed to the look of the WWE's Hell In A Cell structure, which made its debut in October 1997. Sunday night on PPV, the cell will have a fresh new look.

WWE's Facebook page published a live video on Saturday afternoon which showed crew members setting up the cell. Noticable right away was the new look to the structure, which has now been painted red. Gone is the iconic steel grey fence, though the material itself is presumably the same underneath the paint.

This isn't the first time that the Hell In A Cell has been updated. The original cell structure, which made its debut for a match between The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels at In Your House: Badd Blood 1997, was originally much shorter than the the cell that has been used for the last several years. Michaels' feet actually touched the top of the cage several times from backdrops in that particular match. Likewise, when the cell was used a second time for the famous Undertaker vs. Mankind match at King of the Ring 1998, it was still the shorter cell that Foley famously was tossed off of (and later, took a choke slam through in the same bout).

Sunday's Hell In A Cell PPV event takes place in San Antonio, Texas. The event will feature two matches inside of the cage: Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman for the Universal Championship and Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:25 am 

WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 Results: Brock Lesnar Crashes The Main Event

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wwe-hell-in-a-cell-2018-results-brock-lesnar-crash/1100-6461779/

Like with many WWE matches, Hell in a Cell's main event between Braun Strowman and Roman Reigns had an uninvited guest ruin everything. That guest was none other than former Universal Champion Brock Lesnar, and his interference ended everything. WWE's PPV Hell in a Cell may be over, but plenty of people are seeing red at the end of the show, probably because of the cell color this year. Eight matches took place at the AT&T Center in Dallas, Texas for the September 16 event, and all the results are listed below, including the Kickoff Show.

Multiple championships were on the line, but surprisingly, neither the Intercontinental nor United States Championships were defended at this show.

However, there were still six title matches on the card, including Roman Reigns taking on Braun Strowman in a Hell in a Cell match for the Universal Championship, in which Mick Foley was the special guest referee. Additionally, Samoa Joe fought AJ Styles for the WWE Championship all while trying to become the new dad in the Styles' household. That's been one really weird storyline. There have been a lot of rumors for the PPV, some of which have been confirmed, and if you want to know our take on the show before it happens, we have predictions for every match.

Check out the match card below. The matches may not happen in the order listed.

Winners in bold

The New Day
(c) vs. Rusev & Aiden English (Smackdown Tag Team Championship) [KICKOFF]

Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton (Hell in a Cell match)

Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntrye
(c) vs. Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose (Raw Tag Team Championship)

Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse

Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch (Smackdown Women's Championship)

Ronda Rousey
(c) vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Championship)

AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe (WWE Championship)

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Braun Strowman (Hell in a Call match for the Universal Championship with Mick Foley as guest referee)
No Contest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:07 am 

WWE Mixed Match Challenge Results: Grades, Reaction and Highlights from Sept. 18

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796493-wwe-mixed-match-challenge-results-grades-reaction-and-highlights-from-sept-18#slide2

THE DOCTOR CHRIS MUELLER
SEPTEMBER 18, 2018

WWE's Mixed Match Challenge is back for a second season on Facebook Watch, but instead of being a standard tournament, the company has decided to use a different formula counting wins and losses to allow more matches between different teams.

One of last year's favorite duos had been set to return, but Alexa Bliss was forced to bow out because of an arm injury she sustained at the hands of Ronda Rousey at Hell in a Cell.

Ember Moon served as her replacement alongside Braun Strowman against Kevin Owens and Natalya, while Naomi and Jimmy Uso returned as a team from last season to face AJ Styles and Charlotte Flair.

WWE has opted to keep the brands separate for the time being, but teams from Raw and SmackDown will eventually collide later in the tournament.

Let's take a look at what happened on the first episode of WWE Mixed Match Challenge Season 2 Tuesday.

Kevin Owens and Natalya vs. Ember Moon and Braun Strowman

Owens and Strowman argued about their past issues before KO decided it would be best for Natalya and Moon to start the match.

This was a strange matchup from the start. Both men are heels, while both women are babyfaces, but Moon and Strowman seemed to get along better than Natalya and Owens.

The crowd didn't know who to cheer for, so it just sort of cheered whenever anything entertaining happened.

Moon ordered Strowman to stand in the corner while she stood on his shoulders to hit Natalya with a super Eclipse to score the first win of the tournament.

Grade: C+

Notes and Highlights

Owens and Strowman arguing was unexpectedly funny. They could star in their own WWE Network sitcom and it would probably win an Emmy.
Strowman pulled Moon to the corner so he could tag himself in while she was locked in a Sharpshooter.
Owens sells so well for Strowman. He has been The Monster Among Men's greatest rival to date because he can make him look like a star.

AJ Styles and Charlotte vs. Naomi and Jimmy Uso

Despite taking a beating from Becky Lynch on SmackDown, Charlotte was all smiles during her entrance with Styles, who also seemed to have recovered after a tough match against Andrade "Cien" Almas.

Styles and Uso started the match with an impressive display of takedowns and counters. Since all four competitors in this match were babyfaces, the crowd was once again confused about who to cheer for, so it just ended up cheering for everyone.

While Uso and Styles were great, Naomi and Charlotte ended up providing most of the best action throughout the contest.

The Queen wound up locking Uso in the Figure Four until Naomi hit a splash to break up the hold. There was a lot more contact between the men and women than usual in this one.

Naomi ended up tapping out to the Figure Eight to give Styles and Flair the win in a fun match.

Grade: B+

Notes and Highlights

Naomi and Jimmy have their own special handshake. How cute.
The verbal exchanges between Uso and Styles were hilarious.
R-Truth and Carmella seem to be getting along. She's probably just happy he isn't still trying to challenge her to a match.
AJ using Charlotte as a platform to jump on Uso was unexpected.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:15 pm 

Brie Bella Kicked Liv Morgan In The Face And Knocked Her Out

https://deadspin.com/brie-bella-kicked-liv-morgan-in-the-face-and-knocked-he-1829295125

The Bella Twins’ return to wrestling has not been going very well.

Actually, Nikki’s been fine—but Brie has made some high-profile mistakes. Earlier this month, Brie and Nikki Bella were in a match against two members of The Riott Squad. Brie did a pair of suicide dives; one was embarrassing and the other was dangerous.

Last night, the Bellas teamed with Natalya to take on The Riott Squad. Things were going fine, until Brie attempted the “Yes kicks” popularized by her real-life husband, Daniel Bryan, on Liv Morgan. They were going fine, too, until Brie lost control and kicked Morgan square in the face, knocking her out.

Morgan was out cold. Brie attempted a panicked, sloppy pin, and then dragged Morgan over to the corner so one of her teammates could tag her out. Later in the evening, Brie apologized to Morgan in a tweet from the Bellas’ shared Twitter account.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:33 am 

Brie does those kicks way to fast. Your opponent should have time to suffer and flail in-between each kick. What Brie did here was more like Chun Li

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:34 am 

cory1984 wrote:
Brie Bella Kicked Liv Morgan In The Face And Knocked Her Out

https://deadspin.com/brie-bella-kicked-liv-morgan-in-the-face-and-knocked-he-1829295125

The Bella Twins’ return to wrestling has not been going very well.

Actually, Nikki’s been fine—but Brie has made some high-profile mistakes. Earlier this month, Brie and Nikki Bella were in a match against two members of The Riott Squad. Brie did a pair of suicide dives; one was embarrassing and the other was dangerous.

Last night, the Bellas teamed with Natalya to take on The Riott Squad. Things were going fine, until Brie attempted the “Yes kicks” popularized by her real-life husband, Daniel Bryan, on Liv Morgan. They were going fine, too, until Brie lost control and kicked Morgan square in the face, knocking her out.

Morgan was out cold. Brie attempted a panicked, sloppy pin, and then dragged Morgan over to the corner so one of her teammates could tag her out. Later in the evening, Brie apologized to Morgan in a tweet from the Bellas’ shared Twitter account.

Liv still took the triple suplex after the incident.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:31 am 

NicHoLai wrote:
Brie does those kicks way to fast. Your opponent should have time to suffer and flail in-between each kick. What Brie did here was more like Chun Li.

She was certainly doing the kicks in a weird way. It seemed like she was paying more attention to the corner with her other opponents, than Liv who she was kicking. Brie has been extremely awkward with her moves lately, not that she was ever overly agile. Her jumps through the ropes have been falling short, and I've found myself often cringing when she is in the ring. I think what we are seeing here is the "old" ways of Diva wrestling buckling under the talent of these current female Superstars. It will be interesting to see if the Bellas can hang in there.
NicHoLai wrote:
Liv still took the triple suplex after the incident.

Liv is a badass for taking those kicks and staying in there. I've been impressed with her improvements in the past year.

Brie Bella Gives Liv Morgan a Concussion Following Errant Kick During WWE Match

By Paige Gawley‍ 6:13 AM PDT, September 26, 2018

https://www.etonline.com/brie-bella-gives-liv-morgan-a-concussion-following-errant-kick-during-wwe-match-110415

Wrestling fans saw a real-life knockout take place on live TV.

During a Monday Night Raw match in Denver, Colorado, Liv Morgan suffered a suspected concussion when Brie Bella "Yes Kicked" her in the head twice. Liv was competing with The Riott Squad against Brie and her sister, Nikki Bella, a.k.a. The Bella Twins, and Natalya.

After Brie's kicks went awry, Liv, 24, hit the mat but somehow managed to continue on, though it was clear that she was injured and need treatment. Despite Liv's injury, The Riott Squad went on to win.

Following the scary match, Brie took to Twitter to address the injury and express her well wishes for Liv.

"Every match on #Raw is an opportunity for us to entertain our fans," the 34-year-old Total Divas star wrote. "Our intentions as @WWE Superstars is to win the match, never injure our opponents. Thinking about @YaOnlyLivvOnce tonight. ❤️ -B"

WWE also released a statement following the incident, telling Wrestling Inc, "Liv Morgan has a concussion and is going through the proper protocol under WWE's comprehensive wellness program."

The match marks one of Brie's first returns to the ring since giving birth to her 1-year-old daughter, Birdie.

In addition to the WWE matches, Brie also stars on Total Divas, which is currently airing Wednesday nights on E!, and is in the midst of filming the next season of Total Bellas with her sister.

"A lot of ups this season, which is great," Nikki teased to ET's Lauren Zima at the iHeartRadio Music Festival at T-Mobile Arena on Sept. 22 of the upcoming season of Total Bellas. "I think Brie and I both are just on this very empowering season. Just her being back in the ring as a mom and just everything she goes through as a mom that travels on the road, how your body changes and how you get back from that and I'm back where my home is and my family and those roots."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:20 pm 

THE POWER OF YES: Valley resident Daniel Bryan discusses his journey back to the WWE ring

https://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blogs-local/yes-valley-resident-former-wwe-champion-daniel-bryan-discusses-his-journey-back-to-the-ring

PHOENIX - As he stood in the Arizona Diamondbacks' dugout getting ready to throw out the first pitch before Wednesday night's game vs. the Dodgers, WWE superstar Daniel Bryan tried to visualize the transition of a 48,000-seat baseball stadium to a venue that will host one of the world's most popular annual pro wrestling events.

"It's an incredible stadium. We were actually just talking about what the metamorphosis would look like," Bryan said about WWE's Royal Rumble pay-per-view, which will take place at Chase Field on Jan. 27. Tickets go on sale Oct. 12.

"Right now, the thought is that we’d come out of the dugout. We’ve never had a Royal Rumble in a baseball stadium before. I’m super-psyched. I’ve never come out of a dugout to go into a wrestling show before."

A 37-year-old Valley resident and three-time WWE champion, Bryan has undergone a metamorphosis of his own in the last several years.

Four and a half years ago, Bryan culminated his unlikely journey to the top of the pro wrestling world. At under six feet tall and just over 200 pounds, he overcame his small stature, as well as the preferences of WWE decision makers both on and (allegedly) off the screen, to win the WWE championship in the main event of WrestleMania XXX in New Orleans. Bryan's popularity was due in part to the "yes" chants he began years earlier -- chants that began to resonate with fans and even make their way into mainstream culture.

The "yes" chant is one of Bryan's favorite things about performing live. "Sometimes it’s a couple thousand people. Sometimes it’s 70,000 people doing it with me all in unison," he said. "It’s just a very surreal thing."

But Bryan's run to the top ended just weeks after his crowning achievement. The month after Wrestlemania XXX, he was forced to relinquish the championship in order to undergo neck surgery. He made a brief return to action in 2015, but concussions put a quick end to that return, and an emotional Bryan announced his retirement from the ring in February 2016.

Bryan stayed in front of fans by serving as on-air general manager of WWE's Smackdown Live show beginning in 2016. Despite WWE's refusal to medically clear him, Bryan continued to have a goal of returning to in-ring action -- and he prepared by learning additional skills that would aid him in that return.

"For me, it’s always about improving and evolving my own art form, and a lot of times that involves me doing other martial arts like jiu-jitsu, kickboxing, that sort of thing, and incorporating that stuff into what I do," he said.

In March, Bryan was finally medically cleared to return to WWE's active roster. He won a tag-team match at Wrestlemania 34 in April and has become a regular in-ring performer once again, albeit with a slightly modified style that has allowed him to put his additional MMA training to use.

"The way I view pro wrestling is different from the way a lot of people view it as. I view it from the spectrum of martial arts. I look at it as my own martial art," he said. "For me, it’s a real art form that I like to work on constantly."

Bryan is from Aberdeen, Washington, about 100 miles southwest of Seattle. But he and his wife, Brie Bella -- a graduate of Chaparral High School in Scottsdale and a fellow WWE superstar -- have lived in the Valley multiple times. They recently sold their home in Phoenix and have taken up temporary residence in San Diego for the filming of "Total Bellas," a reality show featuring Brie and her twin sister Nikki. But Daniel and Brie are in the process of buying another home in Phoenix and will make a full-time return to the Valley in November.

In 2014, Bryan famously apprehended a would-be burglar at his Phoenix home. But that experience hasn't soured Bryan, an avid outdoorsman, on Valley life.

"I love the hiking. I love the hiking and I love the sunsets. I think people underestimate the sunsets here and how beautiful they are," Bryan said, adding Phoenix has become a "low-key awesome" venue for fantastic food.

"When we first moved out here in 2013 ... we were coming back because (my wife's) mom lived here and all that kind of stuff, and when we got here, we were like, ‘Wow, there’s all this awesome food. This was never here before!’ There are so many great pizza spots, Mexican food spots — just so much great food here. I love it."

Daniel and Brie welcomed their first child, a daughter named Birdie Joe, to the world 16 months ago. For Bryan, being a full-time parent and a full-time wrestler is as challenging as any opponent or injury he has overcome -- but it has also been a rewarding experience.

"There are pluses and minuses to this whole thing. When you’re away — we go to Australia next week and I’ll be gone for 8 or 9 days and won’t be able to see my baby, but when I get to be home, I get to be fully home and fully there with my baby," he said.

"A lot of people have 9 to 5 jobs or whatever it is. You come home, you’re tired from a long day at work and then you get an hour and a half or so until you put him down. The days I’m home, I get to spend completely and fully with her, which I love."

Bryan has yet to reclaim his WWE championship, but his opportunity might come soon. During his upcoming trip to Australia, Bryan will compete against his long-time nemesis, The Miz, for the right to a future WWE title match. That match will be part of WWE's Super Show-Down that will take place next Saturday, Oct. 6 and will be streamed on WWE Network.

"For those of you don’t watch the show, he cheats a lot. He’s a real bad guy, that Miz," Bryan said with a grin. "I’ve opened my eyes a little bit to the different ways he (cheats). But at the end of the day, I’m just a better wrestler than he is, and that’s why I think I’ll win.

"But you never know. Daniel Bryan has a history of losing a lot of matches in WWE. Sometimes it’s false bravado."

As unlikely as Bryan's first run to the top of the WWE mountain was, a second run might be seen as even more improbable. But Bryan, who began his pro wrestling career fresh out of high school nearly 20 years ago and had to scratch and claw simply to make his way onto the WWE roster, has never been one to back away from a challenge.

The power of "yes" got Bryan to the top once, and in his mind, there's no reason to think it can't happen again.

"That’s kind of what it feels like to me," Bryan said when asked if his journey won't be complete until he recaptures the WWE title. "But I also feel like the journey is never complete. There’s never going to be this end goal where it’s like, 'OK, now I am satisfied.' It’s like a musician who just always wants to play music."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next