Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:03 pm 

Just bought this thing......and what's the deal? What is the date ,what's it all about? Liners give not much of a clue.....just the group that was/was-not a band,the band that was a tree, the rock that was a policeman, the sinusoidal earth-waves in living yelm have converged now the truth can be beheld.....crap like that. All friggin' discombobulating if you ask me, Gail. Glad to hear it....and a fun listen,....possibly from the mid to late 1970's.....maybe???

Help....I'm a rock!!!!!! Anyone have any frukin' idea?? "....I scream,"ARRRRGGHHHHH!"....and pass out from Gail-speak overload. :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:39 pm 

try this...

https://rhoerer.wordpress.com/2014/02/0 ... amouflage/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:11 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
Are peeple really this fucking stupid in 2015?

Holy Christ on a fuckin' tug boat!!!!!

2015 is the year of the stupid peeple,
Let's impale them all on a fucking steeple

You're not making anyone look any smarter. :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:05 pm 

Hey "Thanks" Just Plain Doug! My post was a comment on the awful fuckin' liner notes in this release ,Jaypfunk. I'm possibly not that stupid,but maybe I misjudged the intelligence (and kindness)of some of you instead,Hmmmm? I was looking to start some kind of discussion on the "lameness" of some of these album's liner notes,....along with me poking fun at that "Living Yelm" type of confusing babble we get to see in these $20 single CDs . Hopefully the new albums will make some sense inside the booklets? Will Dweezil write the notes? I hope so. Otherwise please hire someone who makes sense and is witty to do informative notes,....please. Thanks for releasing the sounds in any case. But,damn, give us some clue to what's on the disc. We paid for quality....not the quality of a bootleg.

Now , Jaypfunk,....you can go back to your trolling of the bulletin board. You can't say one good thing - can you? It's why I don't post so much here anymore. Why put up with grumps and assholes?

Maybe I'll post again in a few years? ....on second thought ,maybe not......??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:41 pm 

Well, it's supposed to be a Frank Zappa forum. If you get all your info about FZ related stuff via Google, why would you bother coming here? You would have thought that FZ fans would like talking about FZ. If you'd only just discovered zappa.com surely you'd imagine this was a place to come and find out about Frank Zappa.

I sure did and there were many who were helpful when I first started coming here and continued to be so as time went by. There have always been a small percentage of shit bags here - just go to your User Control Panel and put them on your foe list and continue to ask your questions. There are still reasonable people here who don't mind talking about one of their favourite subjects and don't care how many new threads you start or how often a question has been asked before.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:04 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Well, it's supposed to be a Frank Zappa forum. If you get all your info about FZ related stuff via Google, why would you bother coming here? You would have thought that FZ fans would like talking about FZ. If you'd only just discovered zappa.com surely you'd imagine this was a place to come and find out about Frank Zappa.

I sure did and there were many who were helpful when I first started coming here and continued to be so as time went by. There have always been a small percentage of shit bags here - just go to your User Control Panel and put them on your foe list and continue to ask your questions. There are still reasonable people here who don't mind talking about one of their favourite subjects and don't care how many new threads you start or how often a question has been asked before.

thanks! The voice of reason speaks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:21 am 

Prescient post or what!

I wonder whether the liner notes will have a different style now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:39 am 

I've had a problem with the lack of info on the Zappa sites, though. When there's a "new" release, you get no information except maybe the concert date on a live release, and no track listing! Some of the "odd" releases are pretty lacking with information as well! (not to mention the AMOUNT of releases with such an extensive VAULT)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:07 pm 

I feel I need to explain in light of the "news". I have (or had) nothing against Gail herself. (I mean she did give us Dance Me This..) So please accept my condolences,dear Zappa family. I think her liner notes had more to do with her own feelings,....and hardly had any information for us fanatics and mavens. But that seemed to be Gail's way....although I'm not so sure she'd have said it herself, to lead with her feelings and heart. RIP