Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:58 pm 

My condolances, Green Genes, I hope your country will not be savaged by riots tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:32 pm 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
I don't have what to say other than I am really ashamed... Congrats, Fritz, hope you make to the Cup...

BBP wrote:
My condolances, Green Genes, I hope your country will not be savaged by riots tonight.

Thanks Beeps, I hope that is not the case.

I also sincerely hope you beat Argentine, good luck. Sorry, wazoo...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:08 am 

Thank you GG. I'm very sorry for your team,your people, and my girlfriend. This is what the German team posted on facebook: Caros Brasileiros. Primeiramente gostaríamos de agradecer pelo carinho que estamos sendo recebidos por todas as pessoas em cada momento da nossa estadia no Brasil. Fora isto desde 2006 sabemos como é doloroso perder uma semi-final no próprio país. Desejamos tudo de bom e o melhor para o futuro para vocês.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:54 am 

Very nice, Fritz... The whole country is still trying to figure out what happened. It is as we were hit by a truck and we are still managing to take notice...

Time to see who will cross Germany's way: Argentina or Holland? Won't risk any guess, after yesterday...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:36 pm 

I hope for Argentina, because

- Holland would be much more dangerous than Argentina in the final and
- I'm sure the Brazilians would support the Germans and not their "beloved" neighbours.

By the way, I still don't understand what happened yesterday, too. Unbelievable ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:56 pm 

Not very exciting so far...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:48 pm 

Argentina wins, sort of...........sorry BBP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:09 pm 

I've seen this thread in the unread posts listing....is this for rugby or something?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:20 pm 

Penalty kicks: bah...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:31 am 

Yeah. Argentina has Messi, so Holland brings up a strong defense. Orange has Robben, so Argentina brings up a strong defense. Net result is a boring match in which we could see neither one of these great players shine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:02 pm 

Congrats, Fritz, sorry, wakawazoo...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:56 pm 

Sorry for YOU Mr Green. I'm very proud of my country, those germans were shitting in their pants, it was a very contested match. And the referee didn't call a penalty. Anyway, we're celebrating on the streets. We're kinda sad but here's when we have to root the most. Me and my family went to the center of the city, and there were like 5000 persons singing the new song for brazil

Brasilero brasilero (brazilian brazilian)
Que amargado se te ve (you look so sad)
Nosotros somos subcampeones (we made it into the final)
Y a ustedes les clavaron 10 (and you gave up 10 goals)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:27 pm 

North Korea Close To Winning The World Cup
Saturday, 12 July 2014

Germany take on Argentina in the World Cup final tomorrow, well, that’s what most of us know. North Korea’s controlled media are telling their country that the national team have reached the World Cup final in Brazil.

We’ve known for some time that leader Kim Jong-un controls what the people of his country hear, and this time North Korea are in the final of the World Cup. Urm, they didn’t even qualify Kim?

In a Youtube clip, the media are recorded reporting that North Korea are close to claiming the biggest prize in football. They also report that North Korea cruised through the group stages with a 7-0 win over Japan, 4-0 against USA and a 2-0 victory when they ‘faced’ China. None of these actually happened, of course. The news report included footage of the matches that were clearly played years ago.

North Korea will face Portugal in the final of the World Cup (Well, thats what they think).

Not only that, but North Korea has been awarded every gold medal at the 2016 Olympics...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:03 pm 

wakawazooinregalia' wrote:
Sorry for YOU Mr Green. I'm very proud of my country, those germans were shitting in their pants, it was a very contested match. And the referee didn't call a penalty. Anyway, we're celebrating on the streets. We're kinda sad but here's when we have to root the most. Me and my family went to the center of the city, and there were like 5000 persons singing the new song for brazil

Sorry, I was a bit excited when I wrote this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:44 pm 

Pleased for germany - Messi was very good natured about it all.
TT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:51 am 

He seemed heart-broken though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:12 am 

Don't be sorry for us, friend. We already have five world cups. I, alone, have witnessed two world cups (1994 and 2002), the same as Argentine throughout History...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:46 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

Don't be sorry for us, friend. We already have five world cups. I, alone, have witnessed two world cups (1994 and 2002), the same as Argentine throughout History...

I'm talking about present, what can you say about booing your own team?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:47 am 

OK, talking about the present, Germany is the best: they showed an effective, team-oriented strategy, not the obsolete school that relies on talented players individually (such as Ar or Br). Argentina had at least three opportunity to score and didn't use them, Germany did not miss its chance...

I say God writes straight upon curved lines, because I wonder what would happen if Argentina played Brazil at Maracanã*... Now it kind that diminishes the shame of that cruel beating we took, since we took from the well deserved capital C Champions.

*What if we would loose... You are young, and I don't want to bully you, I was only repeating the cultural behaviour patters for the Br-Ar rivalry, because I was sort of cheering for Argentina yesterday and I believe Ar had a better team then us in the Cup this year (although the outcome for such confront is always unpredictable).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:56 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
OK, talking about the present, Germany is the best: they showed an effective, team-oriented strategy, not the obsolete school that relies on talented players individually (such as Ar or Br). Argentina had at least three opportunity to score and didn't use them, Germany did not miss its chance...

I say God writes straight upon curved lines, because I wonder what would happen if Argentina played Brazil at Maracanã*... Now it kind that diminishes the shame of that cruel beating we took, since we took from the well deserved capital C Champions.

*What if we would loose... You are young, and I don't want to bully you, I was only repeating the cultural behaviour patters for the Br-Ar rivalry, because I was sort of cheering for Argentina yesterday and I believe Ar had a better team then us in the Cup this year (although the outcome for such confront is always unpredictable).

Anyway, remember that we're Zappa fans :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:28 am 

Thread closed for next 4 years. Thank you Brasil 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:52 pm 

Congratulations My_Name_Doesn't_Even_Sound_Like_Fritz, will you be in training to defend your title in four years?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:38 am 

I'm too old to help the Mannschaft to defend my title. In 4 yeurs I am so old, I'll believe myself, that my name is Fritz :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:19 pm 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
I'm too old to help the Mannschaft to defend my title. In 4 yeurs I am so old, I'll believe myself, that my name is Fritz :wink:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:52 am 

Four years later...

Majority of Brazilians Not Interested in Russia 2018 World Cup

A Datafolha poll revealed that Brazilian's lack of interest in the Russia 2018 World Cup, which is set to begin in a couple of days, has gone up.

The national survey was conducted last week and revealed that 53% of Brazilians are indifferent to the World Cup. The opening match is set to take place on Thursday (the 14th). Brazil will debut on Sunday (the 17th).

Interest in the World Cup, which Datafolha has measured since the 1994 edition, has never been this low on the eve of the event. In late January, lack of interest in the World Cup was at 42%.

Lack of interest in the sporting event is highest among women (61%), people between the ages of 35 and 44 (57%) and those with a household income of up to two minimum wages (54%).

Not even the Brazilian national team's excellent phase under head coach Tite has managed to get fans to rally around the team - Brazil has only lost 1 of 21 games under Tite's command and is considered one of the favorites to win the cup.

According to the survey, merely 18% of respondents said they had great interest in the competition.

São Paulo state residents said that their indifference has to do with the crisis the country is going through, the corruption scandals plaguing the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) and the 7-1 defeat against Germany in the 2014 World Cup.

The Datafolha institute interviewed 2,824 people in 174 different cities. The survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/internacional/en/sports/2018/06/1971637-majority-of-brazilians-not-interested-in-russia-2018-world-cup.shtml

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next