Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Drugs
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:30 am 

Who uses them and what are your thoughts about them?<br><br>I personally used to smoke pot but gave up. The reason? Because one time it was laced with something and eveything went weird but I started again 2 months later but had another bad experience when it was laced with LSD. I didn't know either were laced.

Post subject: Re: Drugs
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:52 am 

I used to do a range of drugs for a period, from smoko to recreational needlework. I enjoyed it for a while, but as I got more and more strung out, I really yearned to have a normal life, i.e. one without paranoia and sleeplessness. I couldn't enjoy myself unless I had dope of some sort. I nearly went crazy coming down off a speed habit. I've been clean for a long time now and get enough enjoyment of life from music, family and the natural environment.<br><br>What you had was probably very strong grass, but I doubt if it was laced. Many strains of marijuana these days are  much stronger than in my time (supposedly) and give hallucinatory effects that can be hard to handle. Dealers would not normally lace their weed with stronger dope, as it would be more profitable to sell it separately.<br><br>Dope?  Frank was right, what you use is what you is, or something like that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:19 am 

According to GWB( ::)) people who buy and use drugs are supporting terrorism... :o<br><br>I'm not much for drugs.  I dropped a few hits of acid in the late 80's.  I never had a bad trip, and it was overall a positive and enlightening experience.  However, I'd NEVER do it now.  God know's what's in it these days.  Who knows what was in it then?  Scary thought, but everything turned out ok.  <br><br>I'll take a puff of 'dried buds' now and then, but I don't really care that much about it.  But it makes listening to music extra fun sometimes.  <br><br>I prefer being in control.  In fact, I'm quite the control freak.  I don't like the feeling that at any given time, something could happen and I might not be at my best to deal with it.  <br><br>However, I do think Pot(at least) should be legalized.  It's not the demom weed the government has made it out to be.  The chemicals they create are far more dangerous.   They'd prefer the nation to stay doped up on something they get a kickback for.  I think prescription drugs are far more dangerous, and I will not take them.  The USA is completely mislead in thinking that a pill is gonna make everything OK.  Bullshit if you ask me.  <br><br>I like being clear headed over 'fucked up.'  That's just me, but to each their own.<br><br>T

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:33 am 

I agree that it should be legal, especially while alcohol and tobacco continue to be legal. A properly controlled market would ensure reasonable prices and fairly uniform quality, I'd imagine (maybe I'm dreaming on this point). It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect similar restrictions on use while driving or operating machinery etc. as there are for alcohol.<br><br>While I'm glad I don't use anymore, I don't regret my past use, in the sense that I had many good experiences that I would not have otherwise had, and met many good friends in the process that I might never have known. But there were a few bad times as well.<br><br>People have to make up their own minds whether its good for them or not.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:10 am 

folks i can tell you about drugs...<br><br>the daily world fall<br><br>I know pretty benefits<br>those are like large kisses<br>i sting myself with a needle<br>from silver beautifully and purely<br>the needle is like a girl friend to me<br>the pointed I push into my leg<br>then i go home to me<br>take to me the strongest mixes<br>its be floated beautifully in the sky<br>but then darkly scenes in me<br>the rage is coming to me<br>none goes past at me<br>I do not want to preserve anybody<br>terribly the bad seed <br>the battle in me is my joy house<br>the shade comes from wound<br>unbelievably and peculiarly<br>I go with myself to the internal court<br><br>i used in the 70th and 80th al lot of drugs..but today is <br>my drug a littel joint and sometimes whiskey..<br><br>an the best drug of all is the music...<br>and dance on the dancefloor<br><br>spider<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:08 am 

My drug of choice...<br>Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:21 am 

[quote author=Mr. Canadian link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=0#6 date=08/30/03 at 09:12:08]People who do drugs are stupid.[/quote]<br>then tell those yahoos up in canada to stop sending down that mass produced, hydroponic, hard as a rock, no taste, no smell, overpriced garbage that most people think is good.   ;)  its all about the flavor.  ive never heard of nugget being laced with lsd, and ive been around the hippy scene my fair share (phish shows, dead shows).  things can be okay in moderation should you choose, but i dont do hard drugs, they will fucking kill you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:02 am 

[quote author=SonOfWillieThePimp link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=0#8 date=08/30/03 at 09:37:21]Image<br>I did do some joints, tho  ;D[/quote]<br>nice pic, willie, best south park episode ever.  "we are young, unkay, party till hardy.  we stand, unkay, no promises no deman-an-an............"   ;D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:08 am 

Drugs are stupid. That's true.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:49 am 

I smoke pot ,but i never inhale ;D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:56 am 

Good luck with the mouth cancer then.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:59 am 

The only thing that I use as a drug is music.<br><br>The only thing......<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:29 am 

[quote author=Dirty_Love link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=15#15 date=08/30/03 at 11:18:19]<br><br>ooo yes it's the same here, music is the only drug I need and will ever need. If I whona get high I yust put on one of my CDs.  8) 8) 8)<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeash man!<br><br>For me music is also my lover 8)<br><br>Hehehehe, so far....hehehehe....hrm, hrm...well....yes...<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:04 am 

I used to do drugs.<br>Started with smoking weed, continued with LSD and<br>lastly with cocaine. <br> Smoked a joint laced with PCP once, without my knowledge. I blacked out for a half-hour. Woke up<br>to find myself across state lines with no idea how I got there. <br> You'd think that adventure would've stopped my intake<br>of illegal substances....nope.<br> Later in my friend's house, toking on the "mystical bong," I realized something: Man.....these dudes are stupid. All they were saying were intelligent sayings like "wow" and "this shit is good." I act this way too?? <br>This is pathetic.  I gave up all drugs right then and there.  ;D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:20 am 

[quote author=stashe N tee link=board=general;num=1062243060;start=0#12 date=08/30/03 at 10:49:03]I smoke pot ,but i never inhale ;D[/quote]<br><br>Glad to meetcha, Slick Willie! ;D ;D ::)<br><br>

Post subject: re: dope=previous life
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:57 am 

drugs are for thugs

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:18 pm 

I decided to stop (buying) cannabis next year.And with that money I'll probably buy more beer.  :-[

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:09 pm 

I smoke plenty of weed and am fully functional and productive.....if I do say so myself. ;D 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:47 pm 

Ive been smoking weed since i was 14 and all this bullshit about it fucking with your long/short term memmory is rubbish. <br>Ive been smoking weed since i was 14 and all this bullshit about it fucking with your long/short term memmory is rubbish. <br>Ive been smoking weed since i was 14 and all this bullshit about it fucking with your long/short term memmory is rubbish. <br>Ive been smoking weed since i was 14 and all this bullshit about it fucking with your long/short term memmory is rubbish. <br><br>Where am I!!!!!!!!! Why do I have these 10 stick like things at the end of my arms!! <br>