Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:10 pm 

sabrinaIII wrote:
Well, if you want a fortifying tea, it would be Masala Tea. That's what's drunk by those who live in Kashmir in the chilly North of India. Lots of various spices, including pepper and ginger, Assam and Darjeeling tea, pine nuts, cream boiled together, with sugar added and strained. It'll put hair on your chest. Unfortunately hair all over my body is something I don't really want. :wink: :lol:

I've recently become acquainted with this beverage at a local Indian restaurant I frequent for lunch with a coworker. The first time we tried it, we said it was good but a little weak. So they said, "Oh, you want it stronger?" and made us another pot that knocked our socks off. Good stuff!

>You don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:21 pm 

catpuke wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
So here I was, watching The Committee For Unification Through Blandness having their tea party meeting/membership drive, when Lumpy pops on out of the blue with "I've smoked hash that's been up people's asses, including my own." HAHAHAHA! I sure didn't see THAT one coming! *wipes tears of laughter from eyes*

I think I speak for all of us when I say I simply LOVE your blanket insults :mrgreen: . How proud you must be of yourself.

Thanks, but it's not a very big blanket really. Out of the 23930 members here, it just fits over a special cozy half dozen or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:31 pm 

swiftkicknow wrote:
catpuke wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
So here I was, watching The Committee For Unification Through Blandness having their tea party meeting/membership drive, when Lumpy pops on out of the blue with "I've smoked hash that's been up people's asses, including my own." HAHAHAHA! I sure didn't see THAT one coming! *wipes tears of laughter from eyes*

I think I speak for all of us when I say I simply LOVE your blanket insults :mrgreen: . How proud you must be of yourself.

Thanks, but it's not a very big blanket really. Out of the 23930 members here, it just fits over a special cozy half dozen or so.

And a pleasant fit it is! Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:10 pm 

Shark_Barker wrote:
Years ago I was up a pole replacing a line amp. My boss pulled up behind my van, and began snooping around. He was sniffing for pot or beer. I said, "Looking for something? The pot's in my pocket!"

He then reached into the van and turned on my tape player...

"...till it squirts, squirts, squirts, squirts...viola! Don't get no jism on that sofa, sofa..."

Within the week, I was looking for another job. I should have stuck closer to church-oriented social activities...

Now, that's funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:17 pm 

swiftkicknow wrote:
catpuke wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:

And you must be the Imperial Wizard of The Pompous Ass Troops of America.
Imperial Wizard.Again, you must be proud of yourself, you overachiever you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:18 pm 

Green tea. Now there's a great tea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:56 pm 

catpuke wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
catpuke wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:

Imperial Wizard.Again, you must be proud of yourself, you overachiever you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

“The person who stands up and says, 'This is stupid,' either is asked to behave or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful 'Yes, we know! Isn't it terrific!" -Frank Zappa

I bet you'll find some big green tea fans over at the James Taylor forum. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:10 pm 

"That's okay. We need people like you for contrast." - Frank Zappa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:34 pm 

I like this one myself:

I think it's really tragic when people get serious about stuff. It's such an absurdity to take anything really serious ... I make an honest attempt not to take anything seriously: I worked that attitude out about the time I was eighteen, I mean, what does it all mean when you get right down to it, what's the story here? Being alive is so weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:02 pm 

swiftkicknow wrote:
catpuke wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
catpuke wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:

“The person who stands up and says, 'This is stupid,' either is asked to behave or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful 'Yes, we know! Isn't it terrific!" -Frank Zappa

Go find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:10 pm 

sabrinaIII wrote:
I like this one myself:

I think it's really tragic when people get serious about stuff. It's such an absurdity to take anything really serious ... I make an honest attempt not to take anything seriously: I worked that attitude out about the time I was eighteen, I mean, what does it all mean when you get right down to it, what's the story here? Being alive is so weird.

Good one!

Back to tea...did you know that adding sugar to a cup of it while the bags still in it stops the brewing process? And, I heard, you shouldn't add boiling water but almost boiling water.
I must put away 3 liters of decaf tea (hot) a day. It's that or NUTHIN. I forget to drink fluids. Plus, I don't smoke or eat as much when I drink tea.

Hey, Diva Zappa must be a " Bland-Bandwagoneer". She loves tea!
Her and 2/3 the Earths population :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:18 pm 

catpuke wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
catpuke wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:
catpuke wrote:
swiftkicknow wrote:

Go find out.

HAHAHAHA! Oh, but be careful, there might be LEFTIES there! :shock:

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:01 pm 

Green tea is meant to be really good for your system. I bought some, but have never opened it haha! Im trying to convince myself that looking at it works just as well as drinking it. I'm afraid it's Twinings English Breakfast Tea all the way for me! Bloody nice it is...and coffee, of course. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:09 am 

when I was only a little googly me ma came into my bedroom to see me singing along with gusto the immortal line " ram it , ram it , ram it , ram it up your poop chute "

don't think she was offended , more worried .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:09 am 

Luckily I have never run across anyone in my life who had a predjudice against Frank's music. For some time I kept it strictly to myself. My mom and I had a bit of a talk about him before she died. I told her some general things, there is only so far you can go in a situation like that, but at least she knew the reason I liked him was for the awesome music he created and because I am admired him for being the hard-working entrepeneur that he was. An interest in music is something I share with several members of my family, including her, although I think my tastes are a bit more eclectic than theirs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:08 pm 

sabrinaIII wrote:
Luckily I have never run across anyone in my life who had a predjudice against Frank's music.....

Sadly, I know a bunch. A guy in my band asked me for some recommendations, as he said he'd "missed the whole Zappa thing and wanted to check it out." So I made a couple of collections for him. His response to those cds was that Frank must have been a drug user to come up with all that shit. Then he labeled the music novelty songs. Turns out, he went to such reputable places as Rolling Stone for his FZ info.... The myths continue. :x

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:26 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
Luckily I have never run across anyone in my life who had a predjudice against Frank's music.....

Sadly, I know a bunch. A guy in my band asked me for some recommendations, as he said he'd "missed the whole Zappa thing and wanted to check it out." So I made a couple of collections for him. His response to those cds was that Frank must have been a drug user to come up with all that shit. Then he labeled the music novelty songs. Turns out, he went to such reputable places as Rolling Stone for his FZ info.... The myths continue. :x
There still remain two hard, fast schools of thought regarding Frank Zappa: 1) A buffoon who wasted whatever talent he had on silly comedy bits that weren't all that funny to begin with. "How much mileage can you get out of 'yellow snow' and 'Valley girls'?" 2) A vulgar, woman-hating, contemptible bastard who made a career out of common dirty jokes. "What kind of talent can anyone have who wrote songs he got inspired to write reading off men's room walls?"

Those haven't changed and they're both the opinions of people who know better than to listen to three minutes of one Zappa song.

--Bat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:11 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6