Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:43 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
OMG Trendy.... you are the most retarded mother fucker on the planet. To make up a situation like all 18,000 people at a show recording it in the audience has got to be one of the most far reaching to make a point things you have ever come up with.
Go get some cyanide and.......

Yes I perverted the shit out the idea of AUD recordings because you still support an AUD when an Official Release is on the table. I'll pervert anything to make a point to get people to think outside thir little Box that justifies fucking with FranK Zappa's artistic integrity.

Jayp once by your means Buffalo is a sampler because 3 source tapes were used. It's Warts N All. Jayp sometimes ya gotta just look at what that artist does adn take it fro what it is. callign somethign a Sampler can easily be scrutinized and taken as quite a derogitory term to mean that it was just thrown together from some other work.

you just spitted out that Fanaskeptasaureous behavior calling the Halloween DVD-A A Sampler.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:51 pm 

quote]

I will how ever address the notion of me having my head up the ass of 1,000s of polished turds. I appreciate them for what they are based on content, which happens to be documentation of live performances. That's it plain and simple. Yes they may vary in sound quality but it's the content that really matters. The music moves me. I an at anytime put on a show and hear Frank play a beautiful guitar solo in 1973 in Dupree's Paradise and it's a beautiful thing. I apprecitate the MUSIC and ALL of it's artistic integrity while it was being performed. I'm glad these show were documented for historical purposes.[/quote]

isn't this the reason we are all here?? its about the music. i've got so many boxes and boxes of shows from various artists...it all just adds to my love of the MUSIC. there's a reason i have 200 something zeppelin shows on "bootlegs"...its cause they don't release shit from their live history. i own everything they have put out...i want more, so i get live shows. easy stuff.

jayp is right. he wins!

not to get involved in this thing here, but trendy, for someone who liberally uses the "music is teh best" quote, you should know where he's coming from.

edit: i guess i screwed up the "quote" function (tough to do), so take what i say with 7 grains of salt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:56 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Trennasol wrote:
Leave it to Trendy to take what was a cool thread discussing the new Buffalo 1980 release, and take it ridiculously off topic and into retardland.

Trendy, honestly, your pointless rants take away a lot of enjoyment I get from coming to these forums and discussing FZ's music with other fans who love the MUSIC. That's great that you've appointed yourself as Gail's little Snitch, but complaining about someone selling a CD is beyond stupid to me. WHAT DO YOU CARE? Is it illegal to sell a car you bought new as well?

God you have such negative fucking energy.

The way cool thread turned off topic when some Constantly Crying Forum Member said Fuck You Trendy before I even commented on this comming out. I have supported and enjoyed all Official Releases for the last 40 years so why would I not like this one.

Sincerely folks I am happy for all fans and we all are lookind forward to the release. Unfprtunately I did not drive to Buffalo for that show. The Palldium shows were soemthing special. From my memory some shows were cut short a bit compared to most Zappa shows as Frank was feeling pretty ill. Maybe all the AUD tape collectors have documented the 1980 Palladium Halloween run and can interject but Buffalo looks special. Can't wait to get my hands on sweaty hands on this one. Shoudl be here Tommorow or Wednesday.

I think we all await Buffalo with open ears regardless of any polished turd ideology factor.

Tell me what I've cried about? I think the majority of people here would vote YOU the crybaby.

YOU are the only one who has even brought that up!! The "Fuck You Trendy" comment was made in reference to the fact that this release is a FULL SHOW. A complete and full show is something that the ZFT must be fully aware that the FANS like me want. It's not another "sampler" this time is it?

I am glad we got a Full Show. I have expected this type of release since Gail announced Vaulternative Records in 2002. I think more Full Shows will come along but in no way do I think projects are or should be limited to the idea of Full Shows. Not that you do but to call the Halloween DVD-A a Sampler just shows no appreciation for what that DVD-A project represents.

Anyhow now that a Full Show is upon us a am sincerly happy for you Jayp just as i am happy fro All Zappa fans. There was no need to immediaately comment Fuck You Trendy in your first reply to the topic. I am a bit more sincere than you might think.

I never said I didn't appreciate the work on the Halloween DVD-A I like it for wht it is, but the FACT still remains that because it is NOT the full concert it is a sampler of parts from a live show with surround sound.

Call it what it is. Just like when someone calls you a douche.

Many Rock & Rol fans think The Allman Brothers Live At The Fillmore East LP is one of the best Live LPs ever made. I never heard anyone calling that project a Sampler. You are so hung up on Full Shows from listening to all thes AUDs, SBDs and Pirated Works -In Progress that any live Project that is not a Full Show becomes a Sampler.

Then every Studio LP is a Sampler unless each and every second of studio Time was recorded and released from the minute you walk in the door. They are all Samplers.

Jayp you have your head so deep in those 1,000 plus AUDs, SBDs, and Pirat4ed -Works -In Progress that you loose so much focus on Artistic Integrity.
Now you were talkign about douces. Teh old fashined Enema bag douche that michael Kenyan used. Teh had a Douche Attatchement. Each tiem a woman useds the Douche bag it is only a Sampler Douche in the life of teh Douche Bag. It's different today you wher msot women use the dispossable douches.

Sampler My Ass.

jayp I gotta clue you in on something This Full Show is a Sampler of 3 tape Sources and to the best of my knowledge no Douche was involved.

I'm not going to address the sampler thing anymore because you bore me at this point.

I will how ever address the notion of me having my head up the ass of 1,000s of polished turds. I appreciate them for what they are based on content, which happens to be documentation of live performances. That's it plain and simple. Yes they may vary in sound quality but it's the content that really matters. The music moves me. I an at anytime put on a show and hear Frank play a beautiful guitar solo in 1973 in Dupree's Paradise and it's a beautiful thing. I apprecitate the MUSIC and ALL of it's artistic integrity while it was being performed. I'm glad these show were documented for historical purposes.

Fine you enjoy it. Why would you be doing it otherwize because you hate it. Jayp, I just think there is a point where spending too much time listening to all the AUDs,SBDs and Pirated-Works-in Progress gets in the way of Artistic Integrity. Just my opinion. Not you so be it.

I do understand you like them. Yes you like listening to 1,000 Unnoficial, Unauthorized, Frank Zappa AUDs, SBDs and Pirated OWrks in Progress.

You not only like listening to them but when an Official release comes out you think it is O.K. that the Free Trade of quite a similar project that the artist in no way has approved is O.K. still to listen to. how low can you go?
is ther a point wher you have respect for the artistic intent of the artist.

Maybe you will never change. That is O.K. I know you financialy support each release but damn I am going to state my concerns about artistic integrity so long as fans continue to fuck with the artist rights and integrity. Not every Free trade individual buys every Official Release.

I just don't think if Frank was arround in 2007 that he would appreciate the free trade of 1,000 AUDs,SBDs or Pirated Works In Progress. The ZFT may very well not like it either and just choose not to coment on the issue.
teh fact that they put buffalo together and any Free trader woudl support any similar Free Trade Release blows my mind.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:02 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Trennasol wrote:
Leave it to Trendy to take what was a cool thread discussing the new Buffalo 1980 release, and take it ridiculously off topic and into retardland.

Trendy, honestly, your pointless rants take away a lot of enjoyment I get from coming to these forums and discussing FZ's music with other fans who love the MUSIC. That's great that you've appointed yourself as Gail's little Snitch, but complaining about someone selling a CD is beyond stupid to me. WHAT DO YOU CARE? Is it illegal to sell a car you bought new as well?

God you have such negative fucking energy.

The way cool thread turned off topic when some Constantly Crying Forum Member said Fuck You Trendy before I even commented on this comming out. I have supported and enjoyed all Official Releases for the last 40 years so why would I not like this one.

Sincerely folks I am happy for all fans and we all are lookind forward to the release. Unfprtunately I did not drive to Buffalo for that show. The Palldium shows were soemthing special. From my memory some shows were cut short a bit compared to most Zappa shows as Frank was feeling pretty ill. Maybe all the AUD tape collectors have documented the 1980 Palladium Halloween run and can interject but Buffalo looks special. Can't wait to get my hands on sweaty hands on this one. Shoudl be here Tommorow or Wednesday.

I think we all await Buffalo with open ears regardless of any polished turd ideology factor.

Tell me what I've cried about? I think the majority of people here would vote YOU the crybaby.

YOU are the only one who has even brought that up!! The "Fuck You Trendy" comment was made in reference to the fact that this release is a FULL SHOW. A complete and full show is something that the ZFT must be fully aware that the FANS like me want. It's not another "sampler" this time is it?

I am glad we got a Full Show. I have expected this type of release since Gail announced Vaulternative Records in 2002. I think more Full Shows will come along but in no way do I think projects are or should be limited to the idea of Full Shows. Not that you do but to call the Halloween DVD-A a Sampler just shows no appreciation for what that DVD-A project represents.

Anyhow now that a Full Show is upon us a am sincerly happy for you Jayp just as i am happy fro All Zappa fans. There was no need to immediaately comment Fuck You Trendy in your first reply to the topic. I am a bit more sincere than you might think.

I never said I didn't appreciate the work on the Halloween DVD-A I like it for wht it is, but the FACT still remains that because it is NOT the full concert it is a sampler of parts from a live show with surround sound.

Call it what it is. Just like when someone calls you a douche.

Many Rock & Rol fans think The Allman Brothers Live At The Fillmore East LP is one of the best Live LPs ever made. I never heard anyone calling that project a Sampler. You are so hung up on Full Shows from listening to all thes AUDs, SBDs and Pirated Works -In Progress that any live Project that is not a Full Show becomes a Sampler.

Then every Studio LP is a Sampler unless each and every second of studio Time was recorded and released from the minute you walk in the door. They are all Samplers.

Jayp you have your head so deep in those 1,000 plus AUDs, SBDs, and Pirat4ed -Works -In Progress that you loose so much focus on Artistic Integrity.
Now you were talkign about douces. Teh old fashined Enema bag douche that michael Kenyan used. Teh had a Douche Attatchement. Each tiem a woman useds the Douche bag it is only a Sampler Douche in the life of teh Douche Bag. It's different today you wher msot women use the dispossable douches.

Sampler My Ass.

jayp I gotta clue you in on something This Full Show is a Sampler of 3 tape Sources and to the best of my knowledge no Douche was involved.

I'm not going to address the sampler thing anymore because you bore me at this point.

I will how ever address the notion of me having my head up the ass of 1,000s of polished turds. I appreciate them for what they are based on content, which happens to be documentation of live performances. That's it plain and simple. Yes they may vary in sound quality but it's the content that really matters. The music moves me. I an at anytime put on a show and hear Frank play a beautiful guitar solo in 1973 in Dupree's Paradise and it's a beautiful thing. I apprecitate the MUSIC and ALL of it's artistic integrity while it was being performed. I'm glad these show were documented for historical purposes.

Fine you enjoy it. Why would you be doing it otherwize because you hate it. Jayp, I just think there is a point where spending too much time listening to all the AUDs,SBDs and Pirated-Works-in Progress gets in the way of Artistic Integrity. Just my opinion. Not you so be it.

I do understand you like them. Yes you liek listenign to 1,000 Unnoficial, Unauthorized, Frank Zappa AUDs, SBDs and Pirated OWrks in Progress.

you not only liek listenign to them but when an Official release comes out you think it is O.K. that the Free Trade of quite a similar project that teh artist in no way has approved is O.K. to listen to.

Maybe you will never change. That is O.K. I know you finacialy support each release but damn I am going to state my concerns about artistic integrity so long as fans continue to fuck with the artist rights and integrity.

I just don't think if Frank was arround in 2007 that he would appreciate the free trade of 1,000 AUDs,SBDs or Pirated Works In Progress. The ZFT may very well not like it either and just choose not to coment on the issue.
teh fact that they put buffalo together and any Free trader woudl support any similar Free Trade Release blows my mind.

supporting official releases is great...that's how we'll get more of them!! i love official releases. but the point of still having and enjoying an aud copy of the buffalo show for historical musical purposes is legit...
as a historian, if i just looked at everything the white house officially put out in press releases, etc., i wouldn't get too far. sure, there are reasons that certain things aren't officially released, but that doesn't make everything else irrelevant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:05 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
The other amazing thing about hearing so many FZ shows is that it never gets boring. No shows on any tour were ever the same, no song was ever the same as it was the nite before and the guitar solos are always different. The appreciation of what has been performed at all these show is true respect for artistic integrity as far as I'm concerned.

You are an idiot Trendy if you would want to put something in place to keep people from enjoying it.

Take a band like RUSH. One live concert from each tour is all you would need cause the same setlist is play like the record EVERY NITE unless they may add a different rare song here or there.

Jayp,

I understand quite well why listening is exciting. I went to over 50 Frank Zappa concerts. That is not the issue. it's about artistic integrity. So much listening and Free Downloading can cloud artistic integrity and artistic rights. I understand that you are only 1 of thousands who share similar beleifs as you. I don't know since you are not getting your ears cut off you can only use your own judgement.

Yeah I pervert the issue to hell but it is just so each and every person thinks time and time again about what they are doing. I ahve seen Rush a few times over the last 30 years or so. Talented group with some good songs but that is about it. Nothing at all special about the live shows unless watching people stand all night is exciting.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:05 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
The other amazing thing about hearing so many FZ shows is that it never gets boring. No shows on any tour were ever the same, no song was ever the same as it was the nite before and the guitar solos are always different. The appreciation of what has been performed at all these show is true respect for artistic integrity as far as I'm concerned.

You are an idiot Trendy if you would want to put something in place to keep people from enjoying it.

Take a band like RUSH. One live concert from each tour is all you would need cause the same setlist is play like the record EVERY NITE unless they may add a different rare song here or there.

unfortunately, i only have a couple of zappa boots thus far (was a bit late on the scene...only been a fan for like 3 yrs. now). all in due time...

if the rights of the artist is something that is being lost (which i don't agree with when it comes to bootlegs), then the artist should just release all of their live shows, like pearl jam or phish. then i, the consumer gets a EX sounding show for a cheap price, and the artist gets $$$ to suppliment his integrity and/or rights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:14 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
but damn I am going to state my concerns about artistic integrity so long as fans continue to fuck with the artist rights and integrity.

Please, for the love of God and everything else in this world that is or might have been holy, don't bother: we get the fucking point! You've (barely) articulated your opinion on this a thousand times before; please just let it drop!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:21 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
TRENDY STOP GIVING INCORRECT INFO!!!

Here's the real deal:

This was recorded Live at the Memorial Auditorium on 25 October, 1980, in Buffalo, NY.
“Oh,” says George Douglas, “the panties and bra tour.” On the phone he is suddenly right there right now 26 years later. George recalls it as a particularly brutal experience - “it was snowing like crazy, the coldest place I’ve ever been.” And that mixing from the set up onstage(!) was “pretty rugged.” And yet, for him touring with Frank Zappa remains a highlight in his lifelong career in Sound – an “amazing adventure with FZ totally all about the Music.” In order to put the concert together in its entirety we (UMRK) went “warts ‘n all” style with the 3 sources that George had available to cover the show: 2” 24 Track Machine / 1” 8-Track Machine / one cassette board tape. All the multi-track master tapes had to be baked in the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen convection oven prior to transfer. All of the transfers were done at UMRK. We then sent everything on a hard drive to Frank Filipetti in New York.

Is Trendy going to call this a "polished turd" now because a cassette SBD source was used??

Thanks for the info JayP. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:26 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:

Not true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:44 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

Not true.

The one and only RUSH concert I ever went to was in 1982 on the Signals tours and it was without a doubt THE single most boring concert I ever went to.

Well, that was 25 YEARS AGO. Also, that's not really relating to what I was responding to, is it? You really need to listen to bootlegs from the Roll The Bones, Test For Echo & Vapor Trails tours. That should shut you the hell up...

jaypfunk wrote:
Now STFU and go back Metal Sludge for another beat down, bitch.

I know, they're getting sick of losing debate after debate after debate with me. But if you really want me to, hun...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:41 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
I'll pervert anything to make a point

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:54 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:

Jayp,

I understand quite well why listening is exciting. I went to over 50 Frank Zappa concerts. That is not the issue. it's about artistic integrity. So much listening and Free Downloading can cloud artistic integrity and artistic rights.

loadofshit.gif

100% illogical thinking
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! JayPee? Shall I pass you a really putrid Battie Award for you to present personally to a very deserving Trendy? You know as well as almost everyone here knows that I have the very finest taste in rotten shit of anyone! :mrgreen:

--Bat :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:03 pm 

scarf wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

:mrgreen:

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:07 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:

Hear, hear.

Forget the theorising bullshit, Trendy. Order it, wait, open the package when it arrives, put the CD in the player, turn it up loud and ENJOY.

Fuck I wish I had the cash to buy this NOW, and not in a few week's time. Although I'd still have to wait weeks for it to arrive in the mail, as my MOFO did (and my James Brown Singles Vol. 2 from Hip-O-Select is, which is starting to concern me).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:10 pm 

scarf wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

Holy Crap, is that an actual quote? Yea, but it's taken out of context harumph harumph.

Samplers, downloading, insanity.

Well, the first person who listens to the thing has to start a new thread pronto. I hope it's not someone that pisses me off...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:29 pm 

brainpang wrote:
scarf wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

Holy Crap, is that an actual quote? Yea, but it's taken out of context harumph harumph.

Samplers, downloading, insanity.

Well, the first person who listens to the thing has to start a new thread pronto. I hope it's not someone that pisses me off...

It's not that out of context.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:39 pm 

Dbdash2000 wrote:
Anyone know if this will be available through actual stores as opposed to only Barfco? Thanks.

mail order only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:07 pm 

Is something else being released May 1st?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:12 pm 

I went for the next day delivery. If I get it tomorrow I'll let you know what I think (but please remember I like all those poor sounding 72 shows, and the Beefheart shows....so don't get upset, please).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:26 pm 

VCF wrote:
FZ's guitar at its most obscene + Vinnie gone wild = I wonder what happens during the solos. 8)

vcf
well said VCF. i would consider this audio p0rn for vinnie fans like you and me. and taboot i finally ordered a cd copy of sunpyg because i only had it on tape....so its gonna be ridiculous when this package arrives. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:32 pm 

To get away from the jaypunk/trendy feud for a minute, let's talk about the 80s tour.

What are your favorite shows?

Mine are the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium Show and the Pittsburgh show. I also have a really good sounding SBD show from Dallas. I don't think anyone's artistic integrity was compromised by my listening to these bootlegs. It's music and I'd be happy to pay for it if the ZFT released it.

I have a feeling BUFFALO will be sort of a mix between the Dallas show and the Santa Monica Show. Tinseltown Rebellion and Pick Me I'm Clean will probably be the earlier versions and not the versions we heard on the "Tinseltown Rebellion" album.

Personally, I love this band and a complete 80s tour was at the top of my wish list. Great singing, great soloing, Tommy Mars on "The Torture Never Stops." Kick Ass!! Thank you ZFT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:53 pm 

^^^ yeah fall 80 is far and away my favorite band/lineup/tour. i love the dallas show, VCF sent me a great copy of that, and some other shows as well. i like the way "pick me" really progressed over the tour, along with "blue light." the playing on this tour is exceptional, each show you dont know whats going to happen, or what "version" they will play. vinnie and frank just push each other to the outer limits and beyond, and arty is right there the whole time playing some of the sickest bass ive ever heard. just ridiculousness at its best. all the shows are great, they each have their own little quirks, but santa monica was killer, austin as you mentioned, colorado is a pisser during blue light: "you walk around the woods checking out your karma, your mantra...you snort your carrot juice." haha this shit rules! 8) if they ever released a dvd of this tour, i would .... i dont even know what i'd do. :shock:

Post subject: my homework for the week
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:05 pm 

1980 04 11 Wishita[sic], 125 min
1980 10 16 Austin, 99 min
1980 10 17 Dallas, 62 min
1980 10 31 Palladium (SBD), 41 min
1980 11 13 E Pittsburg, 91
1980 11 28 E Chicago, 109
Crush All Boxes, the stolen mix, 37 min

til the buffalo comes to my home
and the steers are not crowdy all day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:06 pm 

Personally, it doesn't really matter to me, but I did wonder if we really know that this is actually the full concert? I'm not saying I think the ZFT are liars or anything. I guess I'm just wondering if there's any document or something online somewhere that would actually show the full setlist of this particular concert. Again, it wouldn't matter to me if it wasn't entirely complete, but I think there are some people on here that would maybe care. I'm of the opinion that just because, say, for example, Hot Rats didn't include Bognor Regis doesn't mean it isn't an amazing album. I'm not going to judge Buffalo based on whether or not it's the complete concert, but, well, I guess I'm just curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:10 pm 

1980 was the first year I saw Frank. I was 13 years old. Yeesh! No one's artistic whatever is being compromised. I listen to Boots, but if the recording sux, I don't want to hear it. I'd much rather hear a nice crispy SBD of a show. Of course, there aren't alot available, seeing as though Frank was pretty tight with the tapes. And believe me, he taped everything. The fact that ZFT is releasing a whole concert is Fantastic. Way to go peeps!! Now if we could just get 200 motels on DVD, and the full Roxy concert in HD we'd all be set!!
BTW Pink Floyd played the same show all tour, but there is no shortage of bootlegs. Even Gilmore once said (and I'm paraphrasing), if you want to hear a live album, buy the bootleg.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 909 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 37  Next