Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:16 am 

Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is sent to hell. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send".

after composing a rather thoughtful response to this thread and spending about 10 minutes writing it, i got the above message when i tried to post it. and my original writing is gone. it wasn't a very long piece, maybe 8 or 9 sentences. talk about taking the wind out of your sails!! this place just keeps getting less and less user friendly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:37 am 
Banned

There are some facts that really stand out:

Disco Boy is a complete tool.

Disco Boy has a personal agenda.

Disco Boy is gay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:55 am 

Aybe Sea wrote:
and EVERYTHING you say has?

So then, I guess Gilmour didn't write the parts to the songs that I've gone over? Waters is a good bass player? Waters was an extremely well-versed and knowledgeable producer at the time? Floyd wasn't innovative whatsoever? Etc., etc., etc. And if you still believe the above, then do me a favour: pull your head out of your ass.

Last edited by Disco Boy on Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:57 am 

zombie1210 wrote:
There are some facts that really stand out:

Disco Boy is a complete tool.

Disco Boy has a personal agenda.

Disco Boy is gay.

You need to take a look in the mirror:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:23 am 
Banned

Disco Homo,

Little pukes like you are all over the internet.
Easily recognizable by your arrogance, and your need to have the last word on every subject.

You are probably the guy who got his ass kicked on a weekly basis in school.

You try to come off as some sort of expert, but all you are is an asshole.

You talk in circles and try and make us believe you are intelligent when you are dumb as a box of rocks.

Forums give you a chance to be THE MAN, at least in your own little world of fantasy and self abuse.

Classic small penis syndrome.

When you get done jerkin' off to a photo of yourself, and wondering who your real daddy is...

I have searched a lot of your posts, and yes, you are a complete tool.

All that comes from your pie hole is garbage. Garbage that is designed to make you look big, and impress people. Too bad it does neither.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:46 am 

Quote:
So then, I guess Gilmour didn't write the parts to the songs that I've gone over? Waters is a good bass player? Waters was an extremely well-versed and knowledgeable producer at the time? Floyd wasn't innovative whatsoever? Etc., etc., etc. And if you still believe the above, then do me a favour: pull your head out of your ass.

Straw man fallacy.

I merely expressed my protest against the idea that somehow my ideas might be invalidated by the fact that you simply don't agree with them.

by your very own token, I guess Frank Zappa never wrote stuff like "Dinah Moe Humm" or "Dancin Fool" to finance LSO and his other grand projects. I guess Waka/Jawaka wasn't his worst selling album in 1973. I guess FZ wasn't more fearless musical innovator than Floyd? I made all of these claims and you thought they all were false. If that's the thinking you prefer, then whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by Aybe Sea on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:49 am 

Without getting involved in any of the discussion/arguing/penis swinging going on, I just want to say that this:

zombie1210 wrote:

is one of the funniest pictures I have seen in a long while. Anything that genuinely makes me laugh out loud while I'm at my computer deserves immediate praise. And that photo did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:56 am 

zombie1210 wrote:
Disco Homo,

Little pukes like you are all over the internet.
Easily recognizable by your arrogance, and your need to have the last word on every subject.

You are probably the guy who got his ass kicked on a weekly basis in school.

You try to come off as some sort of expert, but all you are is an asshole.

You talk in circles and try and make us believe you are intelligent when you are dumb as a box of rocks.

Forums give you a chance to be THE MAN, at least in your own little world of fantasy and self abuse.

Classic small penis syndrome.

When you get done jerkin' off to a photo of yourself, and wondering who your real daddy is...

I have searched a lot of your posts, and yes, you are a complete tool.

All that comes from your pie hole is garbage. Garbage that is designed to make you look big, and impress people. Too bad it does neither.

I absolutely love it when people can't admit they're wrong.

Last edited by Disco Boy on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:14 pm 

Aybe Sea wrote:
Straw man fallacy.

I merely expressed my protest against the idea that somehow my ideas might be invalidated by the fact that you simply don't agree with them.

I'm just stating facts here. And you don't seem to realize that. Opinions are different from facts, you know?

Aybe Sea wrote:
by your very own token, I guess Frank Zappa never wrote stuff like "Dinah Moe Humm" or "Dancin Fool" to finance LSO and his other grand projects.

No, of course not. I believe the book is called, In His Own Words (not 100% sure it is called that) and in that book, after the fact, Frank was surprised that Over-nite Sensation was a hit album. And yes, I know FZ stated that in order to finance a studio, home, etc., that you've had to write a song like Dinah-Moe Humm to be able to afford those things. BUT I believe he was obviously looking back on his success years later and confidently assuming that that was the way to afford material possessions like this and didn't necessarily mean that he wrote strictly and specifically for that purpose. After all, it was a miracle that a song like Dinah-Moe Humm did get radio play to begin with for obvious reasons and one couldn't have really known that it would've been played beforehand...

Aybe Sea wrote:
I guess Waka/Jawaka wasn't his worst selling album in 1973.

That's right, it wasn't.

Aybe Sea wrote:
I guess FZ wasn't more fearless musical innovator than Floyd?

So the debate has changed to who's the more innovative innovator?

Aybe Sea wrote:
I made all of these claims and you thought they all were false. If that's the thinking you prefer, then whatever floats your boat.

Well, at least you got one thing right: what you stated were "claims".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:19 pm 
Banned

You're a classic case.

If you're not right, will you blow you brains out or something?

Fill your pants?

Swallow your tongue?

We can say you're right, just to save your life, if that's what you want.

But here is where you live:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:44 pm 

Ok, let's do it this way:

Disco Boy wrote:
So then, I guess Gilmour didn't write the parts to the songs that I've gone over?

Where's the evidence that Gilmour might've co-authored some of the songs normally attributed to Waters? Like, say 70% of the "Sheep" as you claimed?

Quote:
Waters is a good bass player?

Compared to, say Patrick O'Hearn, he surely blows. He had to hire a fretless bassist for "Hey you" too. but i like the basslines on "Let there be more light" and "Set the controls", so he's not totally talentless on bass. The bad bassist for me is someone who is unable to do anything interesting or remarkable.

Quote:
Waters was an extremely well-versed and knowledgeable producer at the time?

I don't know. Do you only judge based on co-producership or is there any valid evidence?

Quote:
Floyd wasn't innovative whatsoever? Etc., etc., etc

Hello?? Piper at the Gates of Dawn: innovative as hell! All their albums up to "Meddle": definitely a lot of innovation going on. DSOTM was basically just summing up some of the inventions and packaging them as a shinier, glossier product.

Quote:
pull your head out of your ass.
'

Ah, the quality of opposition demonstrated in that one, need I say more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:41 pm 

Aybe Sea wrote:
Ok, let's do it this way:

Where's the evidence that Gilmour might've co-authored some of the songs normally attributed to Waters? Like, say 70% of the "Sheep" as you claimed?

So you're saying Gilmour is lying? Because these are paraphrased quotes from him.

Aybe Sea wrote:
Compared to, say Patrick O'Hearn, he surely blows. He had to hire a fretless bassist for "Hey you" too. but i like the basslines on "Let there be more light" and "Set the controls", so he's not totally talentless on bass. The bad bassist for me is someone who is unable to do anything interesting or remarkable.

But he's pretty shitty, is the point.

Aybe Sea wrote:
]I don't know. Do you only judge based on co-producership or is there any valid evidence?

Gilmour quote from dialogue discussing his co-production work on The Final Cut from a radio interview years ago, when asked why he didn't want Roger on the production credits for the album (despite in the end Gilmour himself not being credited for it and hence not really caring if he got credit for it because he hated the album and hated making it):

"...because I didn't think he knew what the fuck he was doing..."

And countless other Ezrin quotes from the same radio special that I recorded on cassette tape.

Aybe Sea wrote:
Hello?? Piper at the Gates of Dawn: innovative as hell! All their albums up to "Meddle": definitely a lot of innovation going on.

Uh, I agree. I was being sarcastic.

Aybe Sea wrote:
DSOTM was basically just summing up some of the inventions and packaging them as a shinier, glossier product.

You're a total moron. Why do you keep stating variations on this? I've already gone over why you're dead wrong.

Aybe Sea wrote:
Ah, the quality of opposition demonstrated in that one, need I say more?

Need I?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:44 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
You're a classic case.

Likewise.

zombie1210 wrote:
If you're not right, will you blow you brains out or something?

Yes! So I'm never going to kill myself!

zombie1210 wrote:
Fill your pants?

Too messy.

zombie1210 wrote:
Swallow your tongue?

I don't have one!

zombie1210 wrote:
We can say you're right, just to save your life, if that's what you want.

No, thanks. I'd just like a concession from you.

zombie1210 wrote:
But here is where you live:

No, where I live is much more beautiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:49 pm 
Banned

Where you live, the world is brown.

Because your head is up your ass.

Your posts are hilarious, self serving nonsense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:00 pm 

You know what, I was gonna respond to your post disco boy, but I changed my mind. What I will respond to is this...

Quote:
Where in my previous post in this thread was I "shitty about it" when I responded to your post?

Read your original post back, and hopefully you will realise how it could come across as arrogant to others here, not just me.

What started as a good discussion thread, has pretty much gone the way of most threads in here these days.....and ended up in argument and name calling. No offence intended to anyone here (and disco boy, Im only posting this so you don't think I've ignored your last reply to me because I don't have any responses to the comments you made. Quite the contrary, in fact).
I just don't really wanna be a part of it. It's coming to something when a heated discussion can't be had purely because someone has to feel that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:07 pm 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
You know what, I was gonna respond to your post disco boy, but I changed my mind. What I will respond to is this...

Quote:
Where in my previous post in this thread was I "shitty about it" when I responded to your post?

Read your original post back, and hopefully you will realise how it could come across as arrogant to others here, not just me.

What started as a good discussion thread, has pretty much gone the way of most threads in here these days.....and ended up in argument and name calling. No offence intended to anyone here (and disco boy, Im only posting this so you don't think I've ignored your last reply to me because I don't have any responses to the comments you made. Quite the contrary, in fact).
I just don't really wanna be a part of it. It's coming to something when a heated discussion can't be had purely because someone has to feel that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

8)

Shut up you arrogant bitch. You don't know what you are talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:10 pm 
Banned

Who are YOU?

Disco Homo's lover and protector?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:12 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:

Shut up you arrogant bitch. You don't know what you are talking about.

No, you shut up or i'll get my Dad onto you. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:13 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
Who are YOU?

Disco Homo's lover and protector?

Stay out of this. It's not your fight. I ain't none scared of her dad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:17 pm 
Banned

OH!

NOW I get it....you're bunch of fucking teenagers.

It all makes sense now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:19 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
OH!

It all makes sense now.

We are not.

Hey Aspy, did you hear who's taking Debbie to the dance? Tim! Can you believe it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:23 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:

Hey Aspy, did you hear who's taking Debbie to the dance? Tim! Can you believe it?

OMG!!!!! that is so, like, weird!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:24 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
OH!

It all makes sense now.

Dont worry Zombie....we is just messin round. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:27 pm 

I'll stay out of this argument. Aspy, please don't send your dad after me. :wink:

I would only suggest that everybody has an opinion about something and with that being said, "opinions are not facts, opinions are opinions".

OK, I left myself open, fire away..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:31 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I'll stay out of this argument. Aspy, please don't send your dad after me. :wink:

Hahaha, I won't, I pwomise....he's only 5'7" tall anyway, and not at all scary. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next