Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:12 pm 

This one has me curious. Nobody local has one to try out. I don't NEED this right now so I won't order it, but it looks interesting enough that I'd like to take it for a spin if I came across one.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=151903

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:18 pm 

I received my Keeley-modded tube screamer and man is it great. It's the smoothest thing I've ever played. Incredible smooth sound and strong definition on the low end. Definitely a keeper and it enters the pedal board front and center. Me happy.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject: My pedals
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:11 am 

My setup & pedal board goes like this:
93' Hamer SP USA in Cherry Transparent w/ Duncan Buckers' into
Dunlop Wah>Barber Direct Drive>EH QTron+>70's ADA Flanger>
DOD Echo FX 96'>EH Holy Grail Reverb> 1965 Fender Vibro Champ
with NOS Tubes. Alos incorporate other pedal suxh as Vintage RAT,
NYC EH Big Muff, MXR Phaser, EH Small Clone Chorus, Dunlop Rotovibe,
and some of the cheap Danelctro mini pedals for that cheap garagey sound. By the far the best pedals are the DOD Echo FX 96 this sound as good or better than the old boss and Ibanez delays that everyone pays way too much money for. Has a great analog chip in it and is just wacky as hell, great types of delay come out of this thing. ADA Flanger can do so many different types of sounds with this, Barber Direct drive $99 and the most transparent OD I have ever used, great push/pull funcation that puts you in to harmonic bliss all around great OD pedal.
Well I got a little long winded, sorry guys this is my obsessive passion.

Love to all,
Michael Umanoff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:13 am 

swiftkicknow wrote:
This one has me curious. Nobody local has one to try out. I don't NEED this right now so I won't order it, but it looks interesting enough that I'd like to take it for a spin if I came across one.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=151903

I haven't tried one either, but I tend to like Danelectro stuff. Many people think its got a signature sound that is hard to remove from recordings, but hey, you save $1,051 dollars by not getting the Fulltone model! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:14 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I received my Keeley-modded tube screamer and man is it great. It's the smoothest thing I've ever played. Incredible smooth sound and strong definition on the low end. Definitely a keeper and it enters the pedal board front and center. Me happy.

Thats awesome Ronnys... I'm jealous! :)

Post subject: Re: My pedals
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:17 am 

frogswithdirtylips wrote:
and some of the cheap Danelctro mini pedals for that cheap garagey sound. By the far the best pedals are the DOD Echo FX 96 this sound as good or better than the old boss and Ibanez delays that everyone pays way too much money for. Has a great analog chip in it and is just wacky as hell, great types of delay come out of this thing. ADA Flanger can do so many different types of sounds with this, Barber Direct drive $99 and the most transparent OD I have ever used, great push/pull funcation that puts you in to harmonic bliss all around great OD pedal.

Love to all,
Michael Umanoff

Cool setup... can ya tell me how you decided on the Barber Direct Drive? I'm thinking of trying out the Ltd or the Ltd Silver, but haven't actually played em. If you've played either of those lemme know.
Thanx Manx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:39 am 

I sent ya one about the Barber stuff

Post subject: Re: My pedals
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:07 pm 

frogswithdirtylips wrote:

Love to all,
Michael Umanoff

electronic effects are a lousy obsessive passion-even if you are from Jersey

at least you left out what sounds come out of your amp when you break a string - does your DUD pedal give that a nice rosy tone? - and as far as that push-pull harmonic bliss, I'd lay off that for a while; my mom once told me that doing that can make you go blind aAAAYYYYAARRRGGK- :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:48 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I currently have 2 that I love. I use the Line6 DM4, which is a foot pedal. I also have a Boss DS-1, which I got after Steve Vai said he loved it. But the one I'm getting interested in now is the Seymour Duncan SFX-03 Twin Tube pedal. It's about to be released and is getting rave reviews. Apparently, it's a true tube overdrive/distortion pedal (2 channels). I'm a big vintage tube sound guy, so I'm intrigued. $200.

Careful with the tube based pre-amps or distortion, they can add a nasty hum to your line unless you have a really almost perfect impedance match between the tube effect and next input. I had a tube pre-amp that had a cool warm(?) tube tone, but would hum when I played quiet, or stopped playing. Hopefully they've fixed that problem by now, I had mine a few years ago.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:55 pm 

I found this old thread since I'm re-doing my pedalboard. I usually have all kinda creatures velcroed between the pedals, but as most guitarists know, each time the pedalboard is re-done, there is less room than before. So some of these guys ain't gonna be invited back on board.
I'll prolly finish in the next coupla weeks. I'll post pix of the finished board.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:34 pm 

Here's an old pic from '08 or so...