Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: FZ the DJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:37 pm 

I will never forget wpix-FM New York in November 1979 <br>(Only 6 months after I was introduced to Frank's Music) <br>Frank had a great time being a dee-jay and playing his own stuff and other oddities;;;   <br> <br>HERE's THE LIST::: <br> <br>19-Nov 1979, wpix, NYC <br>85 min <br>Gangsters - The Specials <br>Jerry & The Holograms - Jerry & The Holograms <br>Lemme Take You To The Beach - FZ <br>Rangehn - Nina Hagen <br>TV Drink - The Jets <br>Tough On You - The Plastics <br>Unbeschreiblisch - Nina Hagen <br>I Live In A Car - UK Subs <br>Bamboozled By Love - FZ (Warts 'n All version) <br>Ain't Got No Heart - FZ <br>Easy Meat - FZ <br>He's The Groove - Snooky Tate <br>Catholic Girls - FZ <br>?? - ?? <br>Marry Me - Robert & Johnny <br>Summertime Blues - The Flying Lizards <br>I'm A Man - Joe Jackson <br>Cars - Gary Numan <br>Heiss - Nina Hagen <br>He Used To Cut The Grass - FZ <br>Money - The Flying Lizards <br>Naturträne - Nina Hagen <br>Regyptian Strut - FZ <br> <br>20-Nov 1979, wpix, NYC <br>109 min <br>Bed's Too Big Without You - The Police <br>So Lonely - The Police <br>Meet The Creeper - Destroy All Monsters <br>November 22nd - Destroy All Monsters <br>Messin' With The Kid - The Saints <br>Story Of Love - The Saints <br>Summertime Blues - The Flying Lizards <br>Money - The Flying Lizards <br>We Are Americans -  <br> <br>Keep It Greasey <br>A Little Green Rosetta <br> <br>Jerry & The Holograms - Jerry & The Holograms <br> <br> - The Marksmen <br> - The Marksmen <br>(not complete) <br> <br>21-Nov 1979, wpix, NYC <br>99 min <br>Touch Me There - L Shankar <br>Don't Touch Me There - The Tubes <br> <br>My Boyfriend - Suburban Lawns <br> <br>Watermelon In Easter Hay <br>Steel Tips - Jersey City <br> - Nina Hagen <br>Ode To Alex - Captain Beefheart <br>.. <br>.. <br>.. <br>A Token Of My Extreme <br> <br>22-Nov 1979, wpix, NYC <br>112 min <br>Cycle Sluts - John Cooper Clark <br>The Deathless Horsie <br>?? - Captain Beefheart <br>Rangehn - Nina Hagen <br>Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy <br> <br> <br>Jumbo Go Away (Warts 'n All) <br>Mo' Mama (W&A) <br>Purple Lagoon <br>Summertime Blues - Flying Lizards <br>Purple Lagoon cont. <br>Disco Boy <br> <br>Death Disco - Johnny Rotten <br>The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing (W&A) <br>For The Young Sophisticate (W&A) <br>Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar (W&A) <br> - Nina Hagen <br>Thirteen (W&A) <br>Peaches III <br> <br>and Here's the site  http://home.swipnet.se/fzshows/FZRadio.htm

l)
l

Post subject: re: FZ the DJ
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:34 pm 

[quote author=[<>] link=board=wishList;num=1058831671;start=0#1 date=07/21/03 at 19:37:06]....Frank had a great time being a dee-jay and playing his own stuff and other oddities.....<br><br>Rangehn - Nina Hagen ....<br>Unbeschreiblisch - Nina Hagen ....<br>Heiss - Nina Hagen.... <br>Naturträne - Nina Hagen .....<br><br>Don't Touch Me There - The Tubes.... <br><br>Steel Tips - Jersey City <br> - Nina Hagen .....<br><br>Rangehn - Nina Hagen ....<br> - Nina Hagen ....[/quote]<br>i'd love to get my hands on this tape...<br><br>never knew frank was a nina hagen fan :o & the tubes no less!<br><br>from a german website: she settled it into the USA ...There on 17 May 1981, daughter Cosma Shiva was born. At the same time Nina Hagen went under the wings of Bennett Glotzer, manager of frank zappa. <br><br>[center]Image[/center]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:22 pm 

There's another thread here about one other bogus dj stint he did in the U.K. I posted about this very show! I have a tape of the first day, I believe--and, no, I'm not making copies--sorry. Not that I'm such the coveter (actual word?), just don't know what kind of condition it is--gonna have to check it out a couple of times. He takes calls from fans--talk about your fanatics! :) Wish I coulda had all the tapes, but I'm glad to have what I do :-*

Post subject: re: fz the dj
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:09 pm 

[quote author=dove_grey link=board=wishList;num=1058831671;start=0#5 date=07/22/03 at 00:22:49]There's another thread here about one other bogus dj stint he did in the U.K. ..[/quote]<br><br>here it is...get it now, it's quite excellent!!<br><br>[sub]Image[/sub]fz as a fraudulent dj - bbc radio 1 - jan 27 1980 Image<br>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:55 am 

another DJ favorite of mine is the three cd set KPPC from Pasedena 1968.<br><br>FZ brings in his collection of 45s. GREAT STUFF!!!