Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Fz dvds
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:57 am 

i truely wish the zft would re-release all the videos that have been put out in the past, on dvd (man, that would make me by a fuckin dvd player! ;D) i've only got an original copy of 'does humor belong in music?' and a copy of '200 motels' from tv. someone else has said in a thread that instead of the new halloween dvd-a it would've been nicer to put out 'baby snakes' with extras......i agree totally and the same goes for all the videos...i'm sure they'd sell ::)  especially for those of us that haven't even got the originals!

Post subject: Re: Fz dvds
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:04 am 

man i agree,<br>all of the honker videos should be rereleased on dvd.<br>i would hope that zft are working on this.<br>200 motels is in mgm's hands and i wont hold my breath for that. maybe a letter write in campaign to mgm would work. <br><br>paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:46 am 

'yes, that's very, very true'<br>i just thought there was more change of the zft putting out dvds instead of videos? any, of course, would be most welcome! ;D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:51 am 

yah, we are the dvd's already??  ??? ???  ready when you are

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:13 am 

Just by reading these replies, ZFT would already have ten sales.  Please bring 'em on!~!  Why not?  They have already been released once.  Aren't there a few coppies left in UMRK?  VHS, DVD, BETA who cares,  just release them! please!

Post subject: Baby Snakes on DVD @Ebay
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:46 am 

:o  Yes, you heard right !<br><br> ???  ???  ???  ???  ???<br>What is this for a release ???<br>and who is "Room 101 Entertainment" ?  ???<br><br>questions over questions...<br><br>..here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 96717&rd=1<br><br>:P  :o  ??? ...  8)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:40 am 

I emailed this guy two days ago and he says the Dvd of Baby Snakes is NOT burned, but factory direct. It's from Ebay and it seems kinda fishy as I can't find anywhere where Baby Snakes is on Dvd. The price is high too, about 60+ USD including shipping from Germany. I think I'll wait as I have been burnt before w/ Ebay...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:02 am 

ok. On YCDTOSA 1 there are some songs from a "live MTV broadcast". Could that gig be put on to the format that is DVD. It was a YAWYI promotion, I think, so it would be good.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:44 pm 

I got one off the Baby Snakes DVDs.<br>It's a 2 DVD set, that is industrial manufactured (pressed not burned).<br><br>But the content is definitely a copy of the VHS-Video with the typical artefacts that you know from videotapes that are used pretty much. <br><br>!!! What you get there ist the quality of an used VHS-Video on 2 industrial manufactured DVDs. :-[<br><br>My suggestion:<br>The best way to avoid this is the release of the original stuff on DVD in the best possible quality like Frank did it with the "You can't do this on stage anymore" -series against the bootleggers of his live concerts.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:44 pm 

[quote author=6stringmaniac link=board=wishList;num=1045497451;start=0#14 date=03/21/03 at 06:52:07]...those greedy little record companies....[/quote]that's probably why there's few fz dvd's out there...zft won't release the product because they can make the same $$ trickling them out...result: the real fans are jonesing for more more more<br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:36 am 

I'd be willing to wait until the official stuff comes out, as opposed to buying cheapo-bad-quality-illegal copies.  <br><br>Frank's relative obscurity in the big-picture of rock and roll is a double-edged sword.  We, as Zappa-heads, like to have a one up on these, Top-40-lowest-common-denominator dweebs, who think the best album in the '70s was 'Frampton Comes Alive'..WE are enlightened...however, because of that, we don't get the mass-market-corporate backing and Gail has to fund every new release practically out of pocket.<br><br>Anyway, we'll see the DVD's out, I'm sure.  Baby Snakes, 200 Motels, Zappa in New York, and others.<br><br>Patience is a virtue.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:43 am 

Has the ZFT ever made a statement on the possibility of these videos//DVDs being slated for a future release?<br><br>I've seen 200 Motels, Does Humour Belong in Music, and Babby Snakes when Blockbuster carried them, about 10 years ago. I wished I would have bought copies for myself at the time.<br><br>Has anyone shot off a question about this to ZFT in the form of an email or on the question forum?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:07 pm 

Well, I did state this in another thread:<br><br>-------<br>I heard from a friend who went to the film premiere at the Castro in SF last week that a Baby Snakes DVD was announced! I didn't hear about features or a timetable, but I can't wait!  <br>-------<br>  <br> Anyone know anything else?  He said that Gail told the audience about a Baby Snakes DVD. Has no other info surfaced about this?                  ???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:45 pm 

That's exciting - it would allow me to replace my 3 downloaded VCD's of Baby Snakes.<br>

Post subject: re: fz dvds
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:35 pm 

[quote author=Thing-Fish24 link=board=wishList;num=1045497451;start=0#6 date=02/18/03 at 19:51:18]Here's What I'd Love to See On DVD:<br>Baby Snakes<br>200 Motels & The True Story Of 200 Motels on one DVD<br>The Dub Room Special<br>Video From Hell<br>Uncle Meat<br>The Amazing Mr. Bickford<br><br>They should also release the full concert that excerpts of which appear on DOES HUMOR BELONG IN MUSIC? on DVD-A.[/quote]<br><br>add to that list:
  • clean copy of the SNL performances: purple lagoon, slime, conducting the band, peaches etc.<br>
  • the osaka concert
  • the barcelona concert
  • dental hygene dilema, willie the pimp, g-spot tornado & any other mtv-style material
  • the a/e biography
  • etc.etc.etc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:51 am 

I got a copy of Baby snakes double DVD, i know it's not an offical, but it is manufactured and not burned. It has bonus material which is peaches video, and some barfko-swill production line footage. It's room 101 production come to think of it, i don't have it at the moment i lent it out.<br>

Watercress-Errrr Micheal J Fox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:29 am 

Geez... what's taking so long? Even the worst bands from the 60s and 70s have DVD material out there.  ::)<br><br>Baby Snakes, 200 Motels, Uncle Meat, the Roxy, Does Humor... will we live to see even one of those on DVD? Sigh..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:22 pm 

[quote author=Studebaker link=board=wishList;num=1045497451;start=15#27 date=08/09/03 at 10:29:28]Baby Snakes... will we live to see even one of those on DVD? Sigh..[/quote]<br><br>Looks like it's official, and we shant be waitin' too long.