Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: NO SMOKING
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:12 pm 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=120#125 date=08/22/03 at 14:52:56]<br>I feel your pain. I hate that part of playing out, too. It's also a bit disturbing how playing in smokey clubs permanently darkens the color of a guitar. [/quote]<br><br>After just 9 months, when I get my stuff back home, you should have seen the color of the water when I washed my front grill of my Fender amp. Now I know the inside color of the smokers' lungs !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:19 am 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:33 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=120#129 date=08/25/03 at 06:30:38][center]<br><br>Too Late[/center][/quote]<br><br>You just live to ruin my fun, don'tcha, Jimmie? ::) I didn't see that earlier pic, and I'm guessing other people haven't either. It's still a good one, no matter who posted it first. ;D<br>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:10 pm 

Image<br><br>Hey,buddy...<br>Got a light?<br><br>            

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:20 am 

[quote author=eyebnez link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=45#57 date=04/07/03 at 15:24:35]And I still love to Smoke!![/quote]<br><br>I Just Quit Smoking Four Days Ago. Is'nt that great!...<br>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:34 am 

all the non smoking black shirts should think of people's health when driving their cars, i don't want to breathe their exhaust fumes but i have to without fucking moaning about it and poisonous filth that spews from them is more harmful than second hand fucking smoke. what is it next campaigning against contact sports.  it's quite ironic to find people advocating censorship on a zappa forum

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:08 am 
Banned

I don't advocate the anti-smoking laws, in fact I am strongly against any law that says you can't smoke because second-hand smoke kills people. It does not. This is a awful law. You're right, Central Scrutinizer. This is censorship.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:31 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=135#135 date=09/08/03 at 13:34:33]all the non smoking black shirts should think of people's health when driving their cars, i don't want to breathe their exhaust fumes but i have to without fucking moaning about it and poisonous filth that spews from them is more harmful than second hand fucking smoke. what is it next campaigning against contact sports.  it's quite ironic to find people advocating censorship on a zappa forum [/quote]<br><br><br>I totally agree with you here. I didn't quit because some stiff shirt, Awe this smoke is hurting my eyes, kinda fuck. I quit because I wanted to. I agree the polution from an automabile is alot worse not to mention larger machinery. I still dont get bothered if people smoke around me though and go through the whole conservative whinnning deal. Second hand just smells bad. that's all there is to it. It dont Kill. Sorry. <br><br><br>Very good post Central

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:44 am 

Image<br>Like this cartoon? Buy the shirt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:59 am 

HE HE  ;D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:32 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=135#139 date=09/08/03 at 14:50:16][center]<br>Why would I like a shirt with a red x on it?<br><br> ;)[/center][/quote]<br>You might wanna try clearing some of those politicial cartoons out of your cache first.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:42 am 

I'm a UK smoker and I hope smoking bans don't reach this country (altho' they will).<br>It IS possible to be a concious smoker and I consider myself one of them. I generally smoke at home or outside (I don't see this as infringing on any others rights) or at fellow smokers pads.<br>When I go to a non-smokers house I don't light up even if they say its ok and I HATE smoking on public transport<br>altho' if the journey is long (airplane)  it would be nice if a smoking section was allowed.<br>I don't litter the streets with butts and I handroll with no filter as I don't like em.<br>As for bars/clubs well a total outright ban is ridiculous. This should surely be down to the manager/owners discretion. After a while it will be known which venues are smoking/nonsmoking and people will choose where to go accordingly. Of course smokers and nonsmokers mix company and some non smokers don't give a shit about smoke and will happily go to a smoky bar.<br>I can totally appreciate any nonsmoker not wishing to breathe in any cig smoke so there needs to be non smoking zones but you can't ban smoking tobacco all across the board as the board is made of smokers and nonsmokers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:55 am 

I personally dont think they should ban smoking in public places either. I just quit, but hey it dont bother me if someone lights up around me. If it's in a bar then hey, isn't that what alot of people go to bars for, to let loose and do what they please....Drink...Smoke...Curse....To me if your offended by any of these, then a bar or club, or Pubb whatever, is a place you should avoid. Or get used to. <br>They tried implementing the non-smoking policies in alot of local reaturauts here in TN. and the buisness was cut almost to 5 percent. So they stopped that crap. I do understand that TN. is one of the highest smoking populations in the country. But to stop smoking in a bar....come on.... I personally dont believe that second hand smoke is deadly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:31 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=135#142 date=09/09/03 at 05:02:51][center]<br><br><br><br>...and you might wanna try taking the advice (below) that you gave to SUTERB just last week...<br><br>[/center][/quote]<br>Jimmie, are you stoned? Why don't you copy and paste the IMs we sent one another yesterday where you asked me if you were completely wrong that I was upset and I replied that you were and you shouldn't flatter yourself. I'd do it myself but I made the mistake of deleting them from my archives. You people are a bunch of thin-skinned motherfuckers who overreact to certain things and take them way too seriously. And you call yourselves Zappa fans?<br>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:52 pm 

[quote author=L. Jon Hubbub link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=135#146 date=09/09/03 at 15:31:26]<br>Jimmie, are you stoned? Why don't you copy and paste the IMs we sent one another yesterday where you asked me if you were completely wrong that I was upset and I replied that you were and you shouldn't flatter yourself. I'd do it myself but I made the mistake of deleting them from my archives. You people are a bunch of thin-skinned motherfuckers who overreact to certain things and take them way too seriously. And you call yourselves Zappa fans?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Whaddya mean "You people?"  I thought this was between Jimmie D and yourself? :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:58 pm 

[quote author=City Hall Fred link=board=general;num=1046955851;start=135#147 date=09/09/03 at 15:52:12]<br><br>Whaddya mean "You people?"  I thought this was between Jimmie D and yourself? :) [/quote]<br>It's between me and anybody who gets hot and bothered over any of the stupid shit I say. Jimmie D isn't the only one.<br><br>But let's get back to the original topic:<br>[glow=lime,2,300]Buy my shirt. Support the arts.[/glow]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next