Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Only in Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:31 am 

I nice to hear that my old Alma Matter is still managed by the same idiots as in 1979. they've been doing it for years and still don't know what the fuck is going on in the world.....<br><br>Oh! well ! I guess maybe someday the anglo's of Canada will finally get what they want and have Quebec go their seperate way....to bad for the other million or so francophones that don't live in Quebec though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:42 am 

[quote author=The_Acadian link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=0#1 date=07/08/04 at 04:31:43]I nice to hear that my old Alma Matter is still managed by the same idiots as in 1979. they've been doing it for years and still don't know what the fuck is going on in the world.....<br><br>Oh! well ! I guess maybe someday the anglo's of Canada will finally get what they want and have Quebec go their seperate way....to bad for the other million or so francophones that don't live in Quebec though.[/quote]<br><br>When I was younger, I thought it was a question of anglos versus francos, like, to save our culture.<br><br>As I grew old, I realised it was more a question of keeping our money and doing what we want with it instead of giving it to Ottawa and crying to get it back. That, my friend, IS CANADA ! It's OK when you're in the side of those who gets favors from these Ottawa boys. Otherwise, you have to be a fool to really enjoy the ride.<br><br>BTW, just a little news here. There's a black man, called Maka Kotto, who's been elected for "BLOC QUÉBECOIS" (yeah, those sovereighty guys acting on a federal level). He's been called "nigger" by the "attaché de presse" of the defeated liberal candidate, a woman whose name I don't remember. Looks like racism is an underlying thing coming out from the party (Liberal) who never stopped trying to give Québecois (read sovereignty supporters) an image of themselves as racists (and globally, we're surely not).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:59 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=0#3 date=07/08/04 at 14:42:40]<br>liberal party Liberal who never stopped trying to give Québecois (read sovereignty supporters) an image of themselves as racists (and globally, we're surely not). [/quote]<br><br>oh yes you are mij  ! <br><br>the liberals are correct mij , and anybody who has read your posts here will know - you are a narrow minded, uneducated, illeberal, Nazi loving anti-american/semetic/anglophobe fool who offers nothing but NEGATIVE VIBES all-round all of the time. michael moore called guys like you quebecquois " stupid white men " and for good reason - everyone knowse the canadian chinese , ethnic groups and natives think you guys suck too - and not for one moment does your arrogance let you even consider that perhaps its YOU who are wrong ! <br>imagine - mij recons hes a good guy and the liberals are evil buggers. ;D makes one laugh dont it ?<br><br>mungo<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:06 pm 

I agree Mungo.<br>  SOunds like an American republican.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:19 pm 

http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?boar ... tart=48#48

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:25 pm 

[quote author=trendm0nger link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=0#5 date=07/08/04 at 15:06:51]I agree Mungo.<br>  SOunds like an American republican. [/quote]<br><br>Without being disrespectful, trendmOnger, you don't seem to know a bit of what's goin' on here, in Québec. <br><br>When the victims have enough, it doesn't fit the masters' plans. They'll do anything to make us look like dumbs and fools. If that's the infos you got so far, I would say buy yourself a good book of Quebec history. <br><br>Funny, Québec's historians are almost all Sovereign. They must know something than the rest should know.  8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:42 pm 

[quote author=trendm0nger link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=0#5 date=07/08/04 at 15:06:51]I agree Mungo.<br>  SOunds like an American republican. [/quote]<br><br>yes.<br><br>please whoever reads this - do not reply to this crap - it gives the sickos a forum for their personal hang-ups which they have  already aired ad-infinitum. they think its ok that they spam a USA web site with hate and bile but if it was the other way round ( yank on frog ) they would be the first girne like little girls.<br><br>lets all distinguish between constructive criticism and pure hatered. responding to that kinda crap will do nobodys equilibrium no good - avoid at all costs. <br><br>mungo - the hippy  8)<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:21 pm 

http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?boar ... tart=48#48

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:20 pm 

Hey Mij i know whats happening i live is this place. Can i ask you one question ok ,Why must all signs in French be twice as big as English signs cant you people buy glasses?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:05 pm 

[quote author=studabaker_hop link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=0#10 date=07/08/04 at 17:20:12]Hey Mij i know whats happening i live is this place. Can i ask you one question ok ,Why must all signs in French be twice as big as English signs cant you people buy glasses?[/quote]<br><br>If you know a bit of History, you may understand about past frustrations. At one time in History (the peak being the beginning 60s), it was almost impossible being served in French in Montreal in a lot of important stores (Eaton, The Bay, Simpsons, etc...) Anyway, I agree with you that it's a bit foolish. One can sense that some want to preserve the French character badly. Since it's a harmless policy, why the fuss ?  <br><br>For my part, I wouldn't mind going elsewhere in the world, seeing signs in my language in smaller letterings than for the native speaking tongue. In fact, except for francophone speaking countries, or countries with a common border to a french speaking country (and mostly only for touching areas and mainly for commercial reasons most of the time, or for French tourists destinations (ie: some part of Florida)), where would I be able to see french letterings, even in small fonts ?<br><br>Don't worry ! Almost everywhere else in Canada, it's only in English. Not even a tiny little bit of small french lettering in a lot of important places. And, there's still some french speaking peoples living all across that Canada. So, who's to blame ?   ::)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:53 am 

Tu es encore ici Mij ??? Allez Laisse tomber ! On adorera ton petit accent québecois quoiqu'il arrive au Lac St-Jean.<br><br>Actually in reply to the Question "Where you being from Recida? you could always reply "No Jonquière!" It would still sound good!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:46 am 

[quote author=The_Acadian link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=0#12 date=07/09/04 at 04:53:01]Tu es encore ici Mij ??? Allez Laisse tomber ! On adorera ton petit accent québecois quoiqu'il arrive au Lac St-Jean.<br><br>Actually in reply to the Question "Where you being from Recida? you could always reply "No Jonquière!" It would still sound good![/quote]<br><br>Too much to be asked in your last post !?! Care to explain a bit ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:49 am 

[quote author=flammaster link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=0#13 date=07/09/04 at 09:11:36]well fuck it anyway.<br>thats what i get for trying to post an interesting story.[/quote]<br><br>BTW, the University had to backoff. They realised that a dog can't be bilingual. It took them a week but it eventually come. <br><br>So, the blind guy may continue to give orders in French to his dog under the condition that it's the only French he'll speak there, which I guess is OK since the guy signed for a total immersion course in English.<br><br>Nevertheless, it was a kind of a funny story...

Post subject: re: only in canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:14 pm 

[quote author=Zardoz link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=0#2 date=07/08/04 at 04:55:34]What they could do is get another dog who is bilingual in french and english. Then he could take the english commands then translate them in dog talk to the french speaking dog. Or, would dog talk be unexceptable in this exclusive english spoken university?  ::)[/quote]lmao    ;D  but the french dog would have to be at least twice the size of the english dog<br><br>[center]Image  Image<br>[sup]english poodle..........................[/sup][sup]quebecois poodle.......[/sup][/center]<br>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:51 am 

who says a dog cannot be bi-lingual ( assuming a dog can be " lingual "  in the first place which i aint entirly sure about ) . <br>if a dumb mutt can respond to a few basic commands in one language then why not more than one ? after all i guess most dogs understand doggy language and bits of one human language so that in itself would make em bilingual - some dogs such as sheepdogs may even be tri-lingual as they also respond to commands executed in whistles .<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:54 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=15#18 date=07/09/04 at 22:57:39]Truly stupid...<br><br>It'a absolutely despicable for a University to ban a guide dog for any reason; but to do it for a reason like this is fucking retarded.<br><br>Don't they have anything better to do?[/quote]<br><br>if the story where true it would indeed be sad and bad - but considering the whole thing is almost certainly a made up piece of fiction ....... <br><br>mungo<br>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:51 am 

[quote author=flammaster link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=0#0 date=07/07/04 at 15:32:17]French only guide dog lands owner in trouble.<br><br>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3874819.stm<br><br>sacre'bleu![/quote]<br><br>Its a well-known fact that all around the World's Press Agencies, every friday, there is a contest about who will put in front the Stupidiest News ever......<br><br> Also, It could have been true because stupid plls are all over so this story, unfortunately, could have been real....<br><br>There are good ppls and morons all over.... so....<br><br>Enjoy the summer....<br><br> "OO"<br>  \__/<br>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:53 pm 

[quote author=Rangi Wiremu Waka Jones link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=15#19 date=07/10/04 at 11:51:01]who says a dog cannot be bi-lingual ( assuming a dog can be " lingual "  in the first place which i aint entirly sure about ) . <br>if a dumb mutt can respond to a few basic commands in one language then why not more than one ? after all i guess most dogs understand doggy language and bits of one human language so that in itself would make em bilingual - some dogs such as sheepdogs may even be tri-lingual as they also respond to commands executed in whistles .<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br><br>I agree.  Every command you teach the dog could be in a different language.  A dog responds to the sound and tone of the words.  <br><br>But to change the language of each  command after it had already learned them would be impossible, hence the saying.....<br><br>You know....the one about the dog and old prostitute. <br>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:22 pm 

[quote author=flammaster link=board=general;num=1089239537;start=15#23 date=07/10/04 at 18:32:23]Humans do it doggy style so then.... ;D[/quote]<br><br>so then.... brace your self fido ?<br><br>mungo