Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:49 am 

Hi <br><br>Can somebody tell me: how can I order/pay at Barfko`s by not having a credit card living in germany?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:26 pm 

[quote author=admin link=board=faq;num=1032314130;start=0#0 date=09/17/02 at 17:55:29]Many of your questions have been answered and posted in the F.A.Q. page of the What's New? section.<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/whatsnew/content/faq/index.php<br><br>I will still be collecting questions in these threads and forwarding them to GZ.  So, if you have a question not already answered, you can still ask your question!<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Keith.[/quote]<br><br>YES,..Whatever happened to all th' fun in th' world<br><br>..or is it too late...<br>

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:25 pm 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=faq;num=1032314130;start=15#27 date=05/02/04 at 21:50:33]<br><br><br><br>So don't fuck around! :o<br><br>--Bat[/quote]<br>Heey Baat:<br><br>Rykodisc, a subsidiary of Palm Pictures,is pleased to announce the release of its entire 60+ album strong Frank Zappa catalog in the Super Audio Compact Disc (SACD) format<br><br>The summer of 2006 release of the Frank Zappa title Freak Out marks the beginning of an ongoing program to enhance and upgrade the sonic quality and packaging elements of the Zappa catalog. The release also marks the 40th anniversary of the origianl release of Freak Out, rock's  first double album.<br><br> Rykodisc intends to release each Zappa catalog item within a week of the 40th anniversary of its original release. The reissue program will culminate in the 2033 release of Zappa's last release The Yellow Shark. To further pique interest in the rerelease project, <br>Rykodikk will discontinue the current Zappa catalog by October 2004.<br><br>[center] ::) ;) ::)<br> :P[/center]

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:14 am 

[quote author=stride link=board=faq;num=1032314130;start=15#28 date=05/28/04 at 01:25:00]<br>To further pique interest in the rerelease project, <br>Rykodikk will discontinue the current Zappa catalog by October 2004. [/quote]<br>Say WHAT!??

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:28 pm 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=faq;num=1032314130;start=30#30 date=05/28/04 at 07:54:50]<br><br><br>Yeah, what a stupid thing to do. I guess they need to crank up the sales ...<br>Gail, call in the lawyers. Can Ryko really do this?<br><br>And, hurry up, folks, if you don't get Yellow Shark now, you'll have to wait almost 30 years for it...<br><br><br>edit:<br>Anyway, is this really true? There's nothing on the Ryko Website about this... Where did you get this from, Stride?[/quote]<br>[sub]I was thinking the same thing, and a complete shakedown of both Google and the Ryko website turned up nothing.[/sub]<br>

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:38 am 

Quote:
Anyway, is this really true? There's nothing on the Ryko Website about this... Where did you get this from, Stride
<br><br>http://usenet.best-buy-online.com/File405.html<br><br>
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing, and a complete shakedown of both Google and the Ryko website turned up nothing.
<br><br>google this,..<br>Intercontinental Absurdities<br><br>
Quote:
I've had the cold recently and hence my sarcasm meter isn't working properly.
<br><br>[center]Image[/center]<br><br>
Quote:
I could fix it for you with a shot of Brak-klean, but that'll cost you an extra fifty bucks (American).  <br>
<br><br>Got change fer two fortys??

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:11 am 

Oh yes you can!!!!   Our local Borders has about ten different Zappa albums and they had Halloween and they sold it and then they got  another copy!  In Centerville, whoda thunk it?  They also have Zappatistas.  I have been severely tempted to buy it, but one thing about Borders is :  they are fucking expensive!!!<br><br>I really should buy something Zappa there soon.  ::) Its my sacred duty, you see.  I singlehandedly was encouraging the Zappa book industry at Borders for about a year.  I'd buy a book and next week there would be a new title there.  I'd buy that one and etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:51 pm 
Banned

stride wrote:
Rykodisc, a subsidiary of Palm Pictures,is pleased to announce the release of its entire 60+ album strong Frank Zappa catalog in the Super Audio Compact Disc (SACD) format

The summer of 2006 release of the Frank Zappa title Freak Out marks the beginning of an ongoing program to enhance and upgrade the sonic quality and packaging elements of the Zappa catalog. The release also marks the 40th anniversary of the origianl release of Freak Out, rock's first double album.

Rykodisc intends to release each Zappa catalog item within a week of the 40th anniversary of its original release. The reissue program will culminate in the 2033 release of Zappa's last release The Yellow Shark. To further pique interest in the rerelease project,
Rykodikk will discontinue the current Zappa catalog by October 2004.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:56 pm 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=faq;num=1032314130;start=30#35 date=05/29/04 at 05:16:02]Judging by what I've seen in the record bins in over a year now I thought this was a fait-accompli, a done deed and no longer even a question. PEOPLE! There is nothing out there in the places where there would be and You Can't Find Zappa In Retail Anymore! (And please don't bother counting those stray copies of "Have I Offended Someone?" or even all one or two copies of "Freak Out" with that one copy of "Just Another Band From L.A." behind it or them.)<br><br>--Bat[/quote]<br>i feel sorry for you guys, zappa is still available from most retailers in plentiful supply over here, even my local supermarket tescos has the option of allowing you to order them in with most arriving the following day.  The last cd i got from them was a replacement  of my apostrophe, which was in a bit of a state...it still played but the cover was in a mess, anyway i got it delivered to my house the day after ordering it for the princely sum of £7.69 (including delivery) this is an excellent price by the standard of usual cd costs over here.....the last time i counted i think tesco stocked about 60 different zappa releases, i know the likes of hmv, fopp, virgin and tower records all have roughly the same on offer...maybe tower has a little less it's a while since i've been in<br>

Solipsism Soundcloud
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:15 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=faq;num=1032314130;start=30#42 date=05/31/04 at 23:00:58]<br><br>Well, it's good to know you're on top of things and that you'd actually pull a stunt like this! You also must get off on annoying people and love the attention...::)<br><br><br>[/quote]<br>Have I Offended Anyone?<br>Whatever Happenened to all th Fun in th World?<br><br>Get a life dikko boy ,..and grow a chin while ur at it

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:58 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=faq;num=1032314130;start=30#44 date=05/31/04 at 23:44:53]<br><br>Like I was saying...<br><br>Oh and btw, you should learn how to spell.[/quote]<br><br>Uh oh,..i mis-spelled ur name?<br>lemme try again,... Whine-o-man

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:49 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=faq;num=1032314130;start=45#46 date=06/01/04 at 00:26:35]<br><br>No. You didn't misspell my name. You misspelled my forum name, dipshit. Nonetheless, you need some spelling lessons. :)<br><br>But come to think of it, you'd fit in perfectly at the Cuntfinks Are Us academy. Classes start in the Fall - enroll now!<br>[/quote]<br>Im learning english<br>I can say INXS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:00 am 
Banned

Batchain115 wrote:
And did you think for even a millisecond it might not be bullshit and Stride really wasn't pullin' our prongs? :shock:

No, I did not. How can you possibly believe such bullshit like that?

"Rykodisc will discontinue the current Zappa catalog by October 2004" :?

Does this sound realistic to you? I should think not.

Stride is a liar. And a bad one at that, too.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:07 am 

[quote author=Ren Höek link=board=faq;num=1032314130;start=45#48 date=06/01/04 at 06:00:59]<br><br>No, I did not.<br>How can you possibly believe such bullshit like that?<br><br>"Rykodisc will discontinue the current Zappa catalog by October 2004"???<br>Does this sound realistic to you? I should think not.<br><br>Stride is a liar. And a bad one at that, too.[/quote]<br>is there such a thing as a good liar? ::)

Solipsism Soundcloud
Solipsism Shitface