Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Juliens auction
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12167
Location: the siege perilous
deuce wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
btw, I have 7 imaginary FZ guitar solos that I will let go for a very reasonable price if anyone is interested. PM me!

Sorry man, they were too irritating for me.
TT

come ON deuce... that alternate precambrian tuning! those odder-than-most-really-odd time signatures!
not to mention - that whole recording technique!!
these pieces sound like they were recorded from the inside of a convulsing/tap dancing beluga whale!!!

OPEN YOUR DAMN PARACHUTE!!!!!

_________________
FZNH wrote:
The lack of legitimate replies shows me the difference between real FZ scholars and the posers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Juliens auction
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1274
Location: Ohio
calvin2hikers wrote:
Did they keep anything? (Besides their share in the bizness?)

Looks like they kept the original Donald Roller Wilson artwork, maybe. Still can't believe that they would sell FZ's original paintings -- those are so cool.

_________________
Good writing is clear writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Juliens auction
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 22593
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
FalseDichotomy wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Did they keep anything? (Besides their share in the bizness?)

Looks like they kept the original Donald Roller Wilson artwork, maybe. Still can't believe that they would sell FZ's original paintings -- those are so cool.


http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... 3Fpage%3D3

LOT 263

_________________
hey punk, where you going with that dossier of UN sanctions in your hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Juliens auction
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 153
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
000 - I bought the his imaginary kerosene record player device...

No. Serious. Very nice, dude. Way to go. Show us, don't tell... (tip use the img function on the posting mode).


No idea how to use the img function. Here is the page:

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... /lot/82365

Two pics, one with three peccaries, one with fourteen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Juliens auction
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 22593
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
TwentySmallCigars wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
000 - I bought the his imaginary kerosene record player device...

No. Serious. Very nice, dude. Way to go. Show us, don't tell... (tip use the img function on the posting mode).


No idea how to use the img function. Here is the page:

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... /lot/82365

Two pics, one with three peccaries, one with fourteen.


Nice!, did you bid on the cigar box? :wink:

_________________
hey punk, where you going with that dossier of UN sanctions in your hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Juliens auction
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 16372
Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
Oh, here comes Greggary, little Greggary Peccary...

Image

Nice!

PS. When you click "post a reply", in the reply composition screen, you can click on the Img button just above the typing box. You should, then, go to the online picture you want to post, right click it with you mouse and choose "Copy image/picture link" or anything to that effect. Finally, you should place the cursor in between the square brackets ]"here"[ in the img code that appeared when you first clicked img, and you should paste the picture address location (ex. "ctrl+v"). You can always click preview, instead of submitting your post right away, and check the results. If you click on quote in this reply here, you will see this code structure. If you copy the address and paste on your browser address bar, it will take you to the picture. Try it, it's a way of live...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: re: juliens auction
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 10170
total sales: $1,645,779.50


Image
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Juliens auction
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:17 am
Posts: 498
Location: England
The online auction ended a few hours ago, so a few more shekels to add.

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... og/id/200/

_________________
FRANK TALK: THE INSIDE STORIES OF ZAPPA’S OTHER PEOPLE - new book, available now!
www.idiotbastard.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Juliens auction
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 153
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gray_Ghost wrote:
TwentySmallCigars wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
000 - I bought the his imaginary kerosene record player device...

No. Serious. Very nice, dude. Way to go. Show us, don't tell... (tip use the img function on the posting mode).


No idea how to use the img function. Here is the page:

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... /lot/82365

Two pics, one with three peccaries, one with fourteen.


Nice!, did you bid on the cigar box? :wink:


The only other bid I placed was for the Russian Nesting Dolls, but those went through the roof pretty fast ($17,500). The peccaries blew my budget, no cash left to bid on anything else.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Juliens auction
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 153
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Oh, here comes Greggary, little Greggary Peccary...

Image

Nice!

PS. When you click "post a reply", in the reply composition screen, you can click on the Img button just above the typing box. You should, then, go to the online picture you want to post, right click it with you mouse and choose "Copy image/picture link" or anything to that effect. Finally, you should place the cursor in between the square brackets ]"here"[ in the img code that appeared when you first clicked img, and you should paste the picture address location (ex. "ctrl+v"). You can always click preview, instead of submitting your post right away, and check the results. If you click on quote in this reply here, you will see this code structure. If you copy the address and paste on your browser address bar, it will take you to the picture. Try it, it's a way of live...


Thanks, I will give this a shot next time!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Juliens auction
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:01 am
Posts: 1717
Location: Bordeaux, France
Holy Shit ! 115 K for the Bosendorfer Grand !!!! Imagine having that fucker in your living room.

_________________
"Welcome to the Frank Zappa Memorial Country Club & BBQ" at wgt.com 75 members and counting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Juliens auction
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12167
Location: the siege perilous
not only THAT...
imagine a belt buckle that doubles as a horse! for riding!!!

Image

_________________
FZNH wrote:
The lack of legitimate replies shows me the difference between real FZ scholars and the posers.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group