All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:10 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
Censorship

False Advertizer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:07 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
BBP wrote:
Oi! Stop bullying newbies! We need fresh minds here!

Welcome to the forum, Thrapston!

Censorship

How the fuck is treating people with some sort of humanity censorship? You are one twisted mother fucker.

Welcome Thrapston. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:39 pm 

Jaypfunk is saying that stopping him and others bullying newbies is censorship. So, is being free to bully newbies freedom of speech, or is claiming it to be so, denigrating the value and import of the issue of freedom of speech? There's a lot of hair splitting and sidestepping going on about this issue. Most people probably know what it's like to have a job with an asshole manager and how much stress that can cause. Is the asshole manager enacting his right to freedom of speech? Some of them believe you have to be an asshole to be a manager, but there's a lot of research saying that the opposite is true. Freedom is a multilayered issue that will always involve compromise.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:21 pm 

My initial reaction to Thrapston was "what the hell is he talking about?" After re-reading it a few times I kind of got what he was saying but he did it with overly flowery language that IMO was designed to impress instead of just saying what he had to say in the clearest and most direct manner. So, you know, if you fancy yourself as some kind of literati instead of just another guy posting an opinion you are bound to draw a few critics. At first glance I thought we had seen the return of Sirius Rinceweed if anybody can remember him.

But welcome, Thrapston. No worries.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:47 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Jaypfunk is saying that stopping him and others bullying newbies is censorship. So, is being free to bully newbies freedom of speech, or is claiming it to be so, denigrating the value and import of the issue of freedom of speech? There's a lot of hair splitting and sidestepping going on about this issue. Most people probably know what it's like to have a job with an asshole manager and how much stress that can cause. Is the asshole manager enacting his right to freedom of speech? Some of them believe you have to be an asshole to be a manager, but there's a lot of research saying that the opposite is true. Freedom is a multilayered issue that will always involve compromise.

I have an asshole plant manager. He's the type who yells and jumps up and down with his fists clenched. Sort of like Yosemite Sam. I respect him no more than I respect Jay. Jay is free to feel and say whatever he wants, and I wouldn't want to restrict that. But, I don't have to agree with that behavior either. Real humans have evolved beyond that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:06 pm 

Back to Gail...I have said this before, as the sibling with marketable talents, DZ's statements will get the widest circulation in the media.

The fact that the income split favors Ahmet and Diva (or so I read here in the forum) is pretty telling...

On one of the last Zappacasts, Mick Akers, I think, said there was a sign on one of the computers or in the office that said "Has Gail seen it?".

Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt Frank would be pleased with the squabbling of his children.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:03 am 

tweezers wrote:
Back to Gail...I have said this before, as the sibling with marketable talents, DZ's statements will get the widest circulation in the media.

The fact that the income split favors Ahmet and Diva (or so I read here in the forum) is pretty telling...

On one of the last Zappacasts, Mick Akers, I think, said there was a sign on one of the computers or in the office that said "Has Gail seen it?".

Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt Frank would be pleased with the squabbling of his children.

"It's not important to even be remembered."
"I don't care."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDYzuwG-gOE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:22 am 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
KUIII wrote:
So, you know, if you fancy yourself as some kind of literati instead of just another guy posting an opinion you are bound to draw a few critics.

“Modern Americans behave as if intelligence were some sort of hideous deformity.”

― Frank Zappa