Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:30 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I suck at losing weight. I did lose 49 lbs over about 10 months. My body, not to mention my mental health, went crazy when I started eating normal again. The shit your body puts you through when you stop dieting is powerful as hell. I guess my body has been feeding off mostly muscle for a while. As I said earlier in this thread, if you lose weight, don't even think for a minute that you're done. My net loss over a couple of years is 8-9 lbs. So in one respect, it worked, sorta. Way too much work for such a tiny loss tho.
Keep it up, Ronny. Maybe, one day, you'll be able to do this . . .

8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:54 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I suck at losing weight. I did lose 49 lbs over about 10 months. My body, not to mention my mental health, went crazy when I started eating normal again. The shit your body puts you through when you stop dieting is powerful as hell. I guess my body has been feeding off mostly muscle for a while. As I said earlier in this thread, if you lose weight, don't even think for a minute that you're done. My net loss over a couple of years is 8-9 lbs. So in one respect, it worked, sorta. Way too much work for such a tiny loss tho.
Keep it up, Ronny. Maybe, one day, you'll be able to do this . . .

8)

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:47 am 

Milton Bradley wrote:
100 push-ups today.
Not all at once, but just 10 sets of 10. Don't think I'll will continue this throughout the week since it made me really hungry.

Lol, try this:

Do one push up, get up and walk across the room,
do two push ups, get up and walk across the room,
do three push ups, get up and walk across the room,
..continue as above....funny things start to happen when you get up to 10, 11, 12, lol!

1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14=105

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:35 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

100 Million Dieters, $20 Billion

The most interesting statistic in the above ABC News link:
"1 Hour
The amount of time spent on daily exercise by people who lost and kept off at least 30 pounds of excess weight for five years."

Interesting thing about diets, they send you into "starvation mode"and INCREASE the body's ability to store fat.

Generally speaking, after you're 18 or so you don't get more fat cells, the fat cells you have store more fat and get bigger, so do you, lol.

You store fat by stringing fat molecules together in your fat cells with enzymes that stick fat molecules together into chains called polymers.

When you go on a diet your body says Oh Fuck, no food, and it creates more of these "lypo-genesis" enzymes. So yes, calories in-calories out, but the enzymes increase during the diet, and now one has more of them, and they are just sitting there quivering to capture more fat...so as soon as you eat....you're fucked...and you now have the ability to store more fat than before you went on a diet.

So you gotta get rid of these lypo-genesis enzymes...then you can eat fat and your body's got nothing to store it with...How do you get rid of them?

There are opposite enzymes generated best by LOW level aerobics that break up lypo-genesis enzymes, and I mean really low level is best, for example leisurely biking for an hour a day, or something like that that uses BIG muscles at a low intensity.

This way, you not only burn the fat, but you break up and lose the fat-generating lypo-genisis enzymes.

:)

Diet industry at 20 BILLIONS per year don't care if people lose weight or not, they just want another 20 billion again next year....so there are tons of ads for shit that is expensive, and doesn't work...and there are not ads that tell you to go ride your bike for an hour because there's no money in that.

100 million americans are on a diet, advertising works, but the profitable diet industry wants you to buy 6 billion dollars of Weight Watchers food, not ride your bike.

BTW, yes, you will lose more weight riding a bike hard than leisurely, but the key here is it's more EFFICIENT weight loss to work leisurely at around 65% max heart rate...PLUS it's a lot more fun.

What's the best exercise for weight loss?

1. The exercise that uses BIG muscles(legs) at a low intensity so that it's easy to do, (extreme example, try to burn 100 calories by wiggling your index finger...it is possible but it will take forever and your index finger muscle will get sore...but get on a bike for 15 minutes and ride leisurely and you use big muscles at low intensity and 100 calories is gone, AND you've started to break up fat storing enzymes, reducing your body's ability to store fat...good deal(:

2. The exercise that is fun so you'll do it. For example I personally hate boring treadmills, 15 minutes and I never want to see one again...but give me headphones and a ski machine, elliptical, or a bicycle, and I can go for hours and want to do it again the next day. Some people are opposite, they love treadmills and might fall off a ski machine....the point is "whatever you'll do."

BTW, what's 65% max heart rate? Well, you can talk easily while you're doing it...
...GENERALLY, for 70% (15% a little higher, 15% a little lower), of the people, here is how to find 65% max HR:
(220 - your age) * .65

I'm 64 so:
220 - 64 = 156 ... then .65 times 156 = 101 beats per minute is 65% max HR

When I was fat and started Nordic Tracking I bought a heart monitor and had to keep slowing dow, slowing down, slowing down until I got the hang of going "slow."

I didn't believe it was enough, I didn't think I was doing anything I didn't think I'd lose anything...then a week later 1.7 pounds was gone...thought is was a measurement error, but another week later another 1.7 pounds gone... it stayed at 1.7 pounds a week until 80 pounds was gone and that was 25 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:39 pm 

So I'm on vacation and have some time to put into this. I think it's worth it as Frank happened many years ago and we've lost some members and have some older members who may be coming up on the so-called "diseases of the aged," (heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, copd, dementia, etc, etc, etc), and we have some young guns who are at the perfect age to extend their life span and dramatically cut down their disease span with this information.

Right now, American's on a Western diet live to ~85, and have 15 years of increasing medical problems before they croak; the young guns here can change that to 100 year lifespan, with a disease span of only a year or few. Which line do you want to be on, it's completely your choice:

So I hope this effort for the forum helps some of us; some of this info seemed opposite to what I've been taught all my life; some of this info has been mysteriously absent from the general knowledge in the US.

I won't repeat the necessary info related to this I posted on the last page, but it's HERE and HERE.

Anybody worried about heart problems? Guess what, it's reversible by simply going on plant based whole foods...doesn't even matter is one has had 4 bypasses and can't make it to the fridge due to angina, it's reversible WITHOUT surgery, drugs, or even exercise. It's normal for heart disease to reverse.

Think I'm kiddin? Check this out, the first photo is of someone with very serious coronary artery disease:

Here's the same guy 3 years later after going whole foods, plant based:

There are no surgery's or drugs that can do that, but switching from meats and dairy, to whole foods plant based ALWAYS does that. Deaths door to health is the norm...that's pretty good news if any zappaforumers are worried about their heart disease, there's no need to worry.

Here it is another way:

What about cancer...Dr Esselstyn found this:

in 1950's after the war, most of the 92 million Japanese were still on plant based food, and they had 18 cases of prostate cancer in 1958, 18.

Same year in the US, 1958, 174 million people (about double Japan's population), Americans on Western diet had 14, 000 prostate cancer deaths.

Why don't they tell you this stuff on TV? Well, there are a TON of sponsors selling packaged processed foodstuffs, dairy foodstuffs, and meat foodstuffs. TV channels CAN'T put info on that tells people not to use their sponsors products...so though this info is widely available on the web, and commercial free Netflix, (see "Forks over Knives," and "What the Health?" for starters, btw), it is not on TV...only deadly foods are on TV, (no ads for fresh broccolli).

ESPECIALLY any processed meats, they are listed as CLASS 1 carcinogens, just like cigarettes...this means any packaged meats like bologna, hot dogs, there are thousands of such products, (btw, whole meats are currently rated Class 2 carcinogens, people are working to get that fixed to Class 1, but there is great pressure from big money...5 top meat packers make a ton of money off of killing us, so do the TV channels that take their advertising dollars).

Dr. Michael Greger found this little ditty:

Turning cancer on and off...and on again, and off again with meats and dairy:

Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn found an experiment where they were giving lab rats cancer, one group of rats given 20% calories from dairy protein, the other group 5% dairy protein...guess what happened to their cancers:

Esselstyn took it one step further, he used ONE group of rats and turned their cancer on, then off, then on again, then off again, by simply switching their dairy protein calories.

This chart needs a little explanation: He gave them cancer with 20% dairy, then switched these SAME rats cancer off again by dropping them to 5%, their cancers turned off and reduced (way better than chemo and radiation and healthy, rather than deadly side effects).

At week 9 he gave them cancer again and they seemed more susceptible to increased cancer from dairy, then he switched them to 5% and turned off the cancers at 12 weeks that he had just given them at 9 weeks, (I wish he had kept them at 5% another 6 weeks to bring their cancers all the way down).

Something in animal based foods is very good at turning cancer on.

"Milk, it does a body good?"
BTW, such advertising as "Got Milk," "The Other White Meat," etc is REALLY paid for by TAXPAYERS through the DOA..our taxes are paying to misinform us so industry can get free advertising and make a killing off killing us through prolonged, frightening, uncomfortable deaths...we ARE fodder for industry.

Breast cancer in the US as compared to the plant eaters of Kenya:

Here's what some of the doctors are saying...

First Dr. Esselystyn...is he a quack? Well, he is a surgeon at the world renown Cleveland Clinic, one of the top very heart hospitals in the world where many "firsts" are done in the area of heart transplants, bypasses, etc, etc. Not only is he a surgeon there but he has been elected President of Staff for the past 30 years...it does not get any more "expert" than Esselstyn, (he is also the one who produced the images in the artery photos above, he saved that guys life by putting him on plant based)...

Dr. Esselstyn: "All this expensive imaging, procedures, bypasses, medications, none of which have ONE SINGLE SOLITARY THING to do with causation of the illness...so we DIE of a completely benign, food borne illness, THAT NEVER HAD ITS CAUSE TREATED. The problem is that the ANIMAL based diet contribution to heart disease is HUGE."

Other doctors know similar things:

Dr. Joel Kahn, Cardioligist: "The diabetes, the arthritis, the heart disease, the dementia, the obesity, the cancers are about 70% of all deaths. ALL the data is those 70% of deaths and morbidity are lifestyle related, AND PREVENTABLE."

And, (sorry, I didn't scrape a photo of this guy, this is a ton of work to making this post)...
Dr. Goldhammer: "We have an epidemic cascade of debilitating diseases overcoming our country. There is NO WAY we can sustain the current style of care with the epidemics WE ARE CREATING with diet and lifestyle choices."

And Dr. Mc Macken puts it in perspective...

"Diet trumps cigarettes."

So, anyone want diabetes? Have a ham sandwich...

Is chicken better?
Dr Michael Greger, "It depends if you wanna be hung or shot."

More from Greger, (he has given more than 1000 lectures at Medical schools around the world)...

"When we eat dead meat bacteria toxins [endotoxins] within minutes we get a burst of inflammation [toxemia] such that you paralyze your arteries. So it's not like decades down the road damage, no, we're talking about damage right then and there, within minutes of it going into our mouths."

BTW, here is Gregers NON-PROFIT website, it has hundreds of few minute videos with the latest info, searchable in many different ways, (like by cancer, by chromosomes, by new videos, most popular videos, etc), all of his work, website, books, lectures are non-profit.

So what is he talking about? See my posts on the last page for details, but here it is in pictures....first to know two things:
1. Our arteries are lined with endothelial cells that give off nitric oxide that keeps arteries and blood slippery, and also cause our arteries to expand under exertion. When the endothelial cells get fucked up a couple things happen, firstly with less nitric oxide, our arteries can't expand to let blood through so we get painful angina. Also, without nitric oxide so our arteries and blood get sticky..cholesterol sticks to the damaged areas and we get plaque buildup, high blood pressure, and die of heart attacks, (but the meat makers already got our money).

2. The bacteria in animal products (tens of millions of colonies in a hamburger), have two major effects, and being cooked dead doesn't matter:
a. The bacteria is made of toxic material that does damage to sensitive endothelial cells on contact, killing them, and...
b. The immune system reacts to the dead bacteria as though it were alive and releases toxic white blood cells (and other) in response. These white blood cells damage not only the bacteria, but good cells around the system, there is even strong evidence of chromosome damage and acceleration in aging as well as expanded disease span.

This doesn't happen with whole (unprocessed), plant foods.

Greger likens three meals a day for it's three, 5-hour bouts of toxemia (raised WBC), to banging your shin on the coffee table...if you bang it once it will get better, if you bang it three times a day every day it will never heal, and if you stop banging it, it will get better.

I'll blend pictures from two sources to try to get a visual...here's the deal...

Here's endothelial cells emitting nitric oxide, keeping things slippery, and regulating expansion and contraction of an "artery:"

And along comes a happy meal, and it's saturated fat helps ferry its millions of dead bacteria colonies into your bloodstream. This bacteria is made of toxins which break down the structure of the endothelial cells on contact...

Not shown here is the dead bacteria ALSO triggers an immune response called toxemia, where the immune system releases white blood cells that attacks not only the bacteria, but healthy cells caught in the chemical crossfire... Direct damage to the cells, and genetic [rapid aging] damage to chromosomes.

Endothelial cells are damaged...

...more happy meals come...

...and with less nitric oxide to make things slippery, cholesterol comes along and sticks to the damage, building up plaques and reducing blood flow, (nor can the arteries expand enough without enough nitric oxide to trigger it).

So that's basically the reason endotoxins in animal based foods are killing us. The good news is when one stops kicking their shin on the coffee table three times a day, it's normal for your shin to get better:

What is NOT talked much about in the above heart disease discussion is the connection of the toxic immune response to the bacteria in meats - to the chromosome damage that causes virtually all of the other "diseases of the aged." You don't get just one disease, you get them all, it's just which ones will be first, and will they kill you before you have time to get the other ones.

This effect is shortening the American life span from 100 to 86, and lengthening the disease span from a year or two, to 15 years of end of life suffering, is mostly caused by the Western diet, and is preventable.

It should be good news if any zappaforumers are worried about their hearts, there is an effective way out that will work better than any stints or bypasses or drugs. Greger's grandmother had too much scarring and couldn't get anymore bypasses so was sent home to die...changed her diet and was out of her wheelchair in weeks and lived another 30 years, (she went to Dr. Pritikin, "the man who saved America's heart").

And check out the effect of plant based on the first photos above of the reversed coronary artery damage. The patient was actually one of Dr. Esselstyns colleagues at the Cleveland Clinic, a cardiologist himself, (doctors didn't know this stuff either as they are not taught nutrition...now they are finding out).

So, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do here, rather I'm just reporting on the facts for people to do with as they please...and if it piques someones curiosity and sends them on their own journey to learn more, or even just to find out if my potato been bakin too long, then this post was a good thing.

Maybe later this week I'll put together a shorter post on how misinformation became so prevalent, and how food companies researched our instincts (dopamine production in response to fats, salts, sugars, etc), and now play on our instincts to make us come back the next day and buy another package of "food."

Those instinct were to help monkeys come back to the same tree and eat more of that fruit, not make modern man want to woof down a bag of Cheetos. :wink:

Hope this helps :D

Last edited by baddy on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:50 pm 

Played disc golf on Saturday. It gets the heart rate up and it's fun(comparred to jogging).