Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:30 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I suck at losing weight. I did lose 49 lbs over about 10 months. My body, not to mention my mental health, went crazy when I started eating normal again. The shit your body puts you through when you stop dieting is powerful as hell. I guess my body has been feeding off mostly muscle for a while. As I said earlier in this thread, if you lose weight, don't even think for a minute that you're done. My net loss over a couple of years is 8-9 lbs. So in one respect, it worked, sorta. Way too much work for such a tiny loss tho.
Keep it up, Ronny. Maybe, one day, you'll be able to do this . . .

8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:54 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I suck at losing weight. I did lose 49 lbs over about 10 months. My body, not to mention my mental health, went crazy when I started eating normal again. The shit your body puts you through when you stop dieting is powerful as hell. I guess my body has been feeding off mostly muscle for a while. As I said earlier in this thread, if you lose weight, don't even think for a minute that you're done. My net loss over a couple of years is 8-9 lbs. So in one respect, it worked, sorta. Way too much work for such a tiny loss tho.
Keep it up, Ronny. Maybe, one day, you'll be able to do this . . .

8)

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:47 am 

Milton Bradley wrote:
100 push-ups today.
Not all at once, but just 10 sets of 10. Don't think I'll will continue this throughout the week since it made me really hungry.

Lol, try this:

Do one push up, get up and walk across the room,
do two push ups, get up and walk across the room,
do three push ups, get up and walk across the room,
..continue as above....funny things start to happen when you get up to 10, 11, 12, lol!

1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14=105

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:35 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

100 Million Dieters, $20 Billion

The most interesting statistic in the above ABC News link:
"1 Hour
The amount of time spent on daily exercise by people who lost and kept off at least 30 pounds of excess weight for five years."

Interesting thing about diets, they send you into "starvation mode"and INCREASE the body's ability to store fat.

Generally speaking, after you're 18 or so you don't get more fat cells, the fat cells you have store more fat and get bigger, so do you, lol.

You store fat by stringing fat molecules together in your fat cells with enzymes that stick fat molecules together into chains called polymers.

When you go on a diet your body says Oh Fuck, no food, and it creates more of these "lypo-genesis" enzymes. So yes, calories in-calories out, but the enzymes increase during the diet, and now one has more of them, and they are just sitting there quivering to capture more fat...so as soon as you eat....you're fucked...and you now have the ability to store more fat than before you went on a diet.

So you gotta get rid of these lypo-genesis enzymes...then you can eat fat and your body's got nothing to store it with...How do you get rid of them?

There are opposite enzymes generated best by LOW level aerobics that break up lypo-genesis enzymes, and I mean really low level is best, for example leisurely biking for an hour a day, or something like that that uses BIG muscles at a low intensity.

This way, you not only burn the fat, but you break up and lose the fat-generating lypo-genisis enzymes.

:)

Diet industry at 20 BILLIONS per year don't care if people lose weight or not, they just want another 20 billion again next year....so there are tons of ads for shit that is expensive, and doesn't work...and there are not ads that tell you to go ride your bike for an hour because there's no money in that.

100 million americans are on a diet, advertising works, but the profitable diet industry wants you to buy 6 billion dollars of Weight Watchers food, not ride your bike.

BTW, yes, you will lose more weight riding a bike hard than leisurely, but the key here is it's more EFFICIENT weight loss to work leisurely at around 65% max heart rate...PLUS it's a lot more fun.

What's the best exercise for weight loss?

1. The exercise that uses BIG muscles(legs) at a low intensity so that it's easy to do, (extreme example, try to burn 100 calories by wiggling your index finger...it is possible but it will take forever and your index finger muscle will get sore...but get on a bike for 15 minutes and ride leisurely and you use big muscles at low intensity and 100 calories is gone, AND you've started to break up fat storing enzymes, reducing your body's ability to store fat...good deal(:

2. The exercise that is fun so you'll do it. For example I personally hate boring treadmills, 15 minutes and I never want to see one again...but give me headphones and a ski machine, elliptical, or a bicycle, and I can go for hours and want to do it again the next day. Some people are opposite, they love treadmills and might fall off a ski machine....the point is "whatever you'll do."

BTW, what's 65% max heart rate? Well, you can talk easily while you're doing it...
...GENERALLY, for 70% (15% a little higher, 15% a little lower), of the people, here is how to find 65% max HR:
(220 - your age) * .65

I'm 64 so:
220 - 64 = 156 ... then .65 times 156 = 101 beats per minute is 65% max HR

When I was fat and started Nordic Tracking I bought a heart monitor and had to keep slowing dow, slowing down, slowing down until I got the hang of going "slow."

I didn't believe it was enough, I didn't think I was doing anything I didn't think I'd lose anything...then a week later 1.7 pounds was gone...thought is was a measurement error, but another week later another 1.7 pounds gone... it stayed at 1.7 pounds a week until 80 pounds was gone and that was 25 years ago.