Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:17 pm 

I drink diet cola sometimes. I know some people think diet cola isn't so great either but at least there is zero calories and zero sugar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:29 pm 
Banned

KUIII wrote:
I drink diet cola sometimes. I know some people think diet cola isn't so great either but at least there is zero calories and zero sugar.

It's even worse than regular soda. STOP DRINKING THAT SHIT (or just kill yerself now)!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:49 pm 

jaypfunk wrote:
KUIII wrote:

It's even worse than regular soda. STOP DRINKING THAT SHIT (or just kill yerself now)!!

OK. Tell my why it's so bad. If you can give a convincing argument I'll give it up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:52 pm 
Banned

KUIII wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
KUIII wrote:

OK. Tell my why it's so bad. If you can give a convincing argument I'll give it up.

It has artificial shit in it. At least, while still bad, regular soda has real sugar in it. Just watch the 2 movies I suggested and STOP DRINKING THAT PISS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:26 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:31 am 

Weigh In Day

Week 1: 214
Week 2: 208.5
Today: 206

I was slacking early in the week but had a good finish. A good workout followed by a dinner of steamed asparagus and water saved me last night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:07 am 

Great stats!!

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:02 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Weigh In Day

A good workout followed by a dinner of steamed asparagus and water saved me last night.

I used to hate when my parents would cook asparagus when I was a kid. They didn't make me eat it, though. I tried some at a friends bbq once. I liked it. Made my urine smell funny hours later, but I liked it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:04 pm 

Asparagus with a delicate mustard sauce is to die for. Or, roasted until crispy. Either way is nice.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:44 am 

In addition to working out, 6 healthful meals per day is a nice goal. Spaced 2 to 3 hrs. apart.

Helps to control those blood sugar peaks and valleys and gives more consistent energy throughout the day. Concentration is more focused. No getting hangry

Those Snickers candy bar commercials are only half correct. You aren't yourself when you are hungry. That doesn't mean you have to reach for a solidified conglomerate of congealed artificially taste-boosted goo as a back-up plan.
:P :roll: :P

Last edited by Milton Bradley on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:30 pm 

On my way from 229 in March down to my goal of 175, I've been stuck at 183 for almost 3 months. I'M FUCKING DYING!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:00 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
On my way from 229 in March down to my goal of 175, I've been stuck at 183 for almost 3 months. I'M FUCKING DYING!

Get a colonscopy. Cleaning yourself out is probably worth another 2-3 pounds.

Well,that's what happened to me, anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:14 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:

Get a colonscopy. Cleaning yourself out is probably worth another 2-3 pounds.

Well,that's what happened to me, anyway.

Yes, that helps...for awhile.

I've stalled at about 206. Busiest, most stressful time of the year at work with no let up until mid January. When I'm most stressed and working a lot I tend to be the worst at taking care of myself. On the plus side, while a lot of other people are getting sick I keep plugging along. I can't remember the last time I got a cold or the flu. It's been a few years at least. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope my good health holds out until at least next week as the ZPZ show is Sunday night.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:37 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

Have you consulted with your family doctor to see if your goal is suitable?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:36 am 

tiboudre wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:

Have you consulted with your family doctor to see if your goal is suitable?

She seems ok with it. I'll get there. The road has just gotten harder is all.

Can't deal with a colonoscopy after the last one I had. :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:41 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Can't deal with a colonoscopy after the last one I had. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not fond of the ol' "light bulb on a flag pole" routine? :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:21 am 

I hiked for 8 miles on Monday and pretty sure some of the animal tracks we saw in the dirt were bear tracks. My neighbor that I was hiking with said she's seen coyotes, mountain lions, bobcats and rattlesnakes on the trails around our neighborhood.

Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:57 pm 

KUIII wrote:
In April of 2014 I weighed in at 231 pounds (I'm a hair over six feet tall). My cholesterol and blood pressure were high enough where my Doctor prescribed blood pressure meds and he was threatening to do the same for the cholesterol. I was also diagnosed with chronic kidney disease. That scared the shit out of me.

I went on weightwatchers and started exercising regularly and sometimes vigorously. By mid August of 2014 I was down to 195 pounds and my blood pressure and cholesterol had returned to normal levels and I was taken off the meds. My blood tests even showed that there was nothing abnormal with my kidneys. I was able to maintain this weight through early 2015.

In February my roommate committed suicide and I decided it was time to find a new place to live. The move while positive in many ways got me out of some good habits such as where I shop for food, what I buy when I shop, how I prepare the food, how I was getting my exercise, etc. This morning I weighed in a t 214 pounds (the heaviest I've been since June of 2014). I'm sure my blood pressure and cholesterol have been creeping back up as well. Time to get serious again.

This forum is full of mostly older men (not that women and younger forum members aren't welcome too) who are facing (or will face) various health issues. Maybe this thread could provide some support and motivation for those of us who are trying to keep the train on the track as we move forward. Nutrition and exercise tips, what you did today to improve or maintain your health, track your weight loss and exercise progress, etc.

Today for me I'm back on weightwatchers, taking my lunch hour walk, and to the gym after work.

Decided to dig this thread up to help me get back on the right track. Had my bloodwork done a month or so ago. My cholesterol is back up though not as bad as a few years ago. Been back on blood pressure meds the last half year also. Not surprising as I got back over 220 pounds. Time to get serious again. Back on weight watchers again as of Monday (weighed 222.5). Three successful days so far. My goal is to get back under 200 by the time I go back to the Doctor in the fall and get off the blood pressure meds and avoid the cholesterol meds. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:57 pm 

Put the cookie d o w n!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:13 am 

Work recently started having a yoga instructor come to our work for an hour every week. Not a bad way to spend some time at work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:32 pm 

Step away from the bacon!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:15 pm 

I appreciate the subliminal and not so subliminal encouragement GG. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:35 am 

:lol: HEY! is that a pepsi?

drop and give me five.....ok two :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:38 pm 

KUIII wrote:
This forum is full of mostly older men (not that women and younger forum members aren't welcome too) who are facing (or will face) various health issues. Maybe this thread could provide some support and motivation for those of us who are trying to keep the train on the track as we move forward. Nutrition and exercise tips, what you did today to improve or maintain your health, track your weight loss and exercise progress, etc.

I like raw vegetables. Water. A little glass of fresh juice with nothing added to it. Good juice doesn't need anyhting added to it! Healthier forms of protein. It's worth paying more for good stuff. Exercise is obviously key. Whatever you're into. Bike ride, swim, weights, calisthenics. I love bread but it's probably not good. I love cheese but too much could probably fuck you up. Pizza is my favorite food, basically. I limit the pizza, the burgers, the bacon. I love bacon. I like raw garlic. Garlic seems medicinal in mysterious ways. What else? I think a positive attitude is essential. haha I know that makes you laugh coming from me. Not that I'm Mr. Health. I could still die tomorrow, right? For me it's not about prolonging life so much as just feeling good. I don't wanna live that long I just want to feel good while I'm living. I pigged out on the 4th, man. Pork Shoulder, homemade baked beans etc. I eat a lot of vegetarian meals, though. Oh, and don't always trust doctors.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:01 am 

brisk walking + food proportion downsizing + upsizing h20 intake did delightful things for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next