Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:48 am 

brainpang wrote:
Wait, no one has asked if the lady practices sympathy sex?

Good question. I think I remember her saying she was in a relationship? Does he get a pity poke after an argument, when y'all make up?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:01 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I've never understood the whole nipple piercing thing. That must have hurt like hell having that done. If you ever have children and decide to breast feed, remember to remove the nipple rings. Potential choking hazard.

It did hurt. I passed out in the middle of the shop for the first one. But the tattoo hurt more.

No kids now, no kids ever.

Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:03 am 

Plook wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
There not supposed to be practical, you butthole.

Zgirl, there are some men that will never get it (maybe most) and never will understand a “fun” pair of shoes or a “great” dress and one could hardly blaim them, look how most men are raised.

I get it because I spent over thirty years with a women who was good looking and new how to dress, always on the leading edge of the trends (never really new how she did it, maybe just good instincts).

I was all in with her as she was with me, she knew always what stupid thing to get me because she paid attention and I paid attention to her and what she liked…and she liked clothes and shoes (I have 3 closets full at home).

Most guys have no concept how women’s fashion effects their clothing as far removed as they think they are from fashion. I recommend they all watch The Devil Wears Prada and pay special attention to the scene when they are choosing a belt for a shoot and the Anne Hathaway character questions whether a difference really exists and Meryl Streep’s character gives that excellent speech about how high fashion makes its way down to the pathetic bin in the discount store she shops in.

Excellent movie 9 Plooks on a 10 Plook scale, many hidden nuggets of wisdom in that movie (and its based loosely on true events).

And yes stay out of the threads where we are trying to have fun or seriously discuss serious personal matters, there are plenty of negative threads people can go to and spew and get plenty of response.

Respect the Thread!

Thank you all in advance for your cooperation.

:smoke:

:) I am lucky enough to be married to someone very much like that, he likes helping me pick my clothing & shoes. We don't watch many movies though but I'll add that one to the list. :|

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:04 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
executivekindagirl wrote:
...and also a staff of 8 administrators who report directly to me.
do you carry a briefcase ¿

if yes, is it big, brown & full of business papers ¿

Not really, but sort of. My briefcase is a black Patagonia backpack. It is often full of business papers though.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:06 am 

brainpang wrote:

It's not often necessary, but I couldn't say I have never done it.

Philostopher wrote:
brainpang wrote:

Good question. I think I remember her saying she was in a relationship? Does he get a pity poke after an argument, when y'all make up?
Yes, I am married. It depends whose fault it was.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:36 am 

Make up sex can sometimes be the best, forgiving and being forgiven is very liberating… :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:50 pm 

zappagirl wrote:
We don't watch many movies though but I'll add that one to the list. :|

One of my ex's biggest bitches. I don't mind watching movies at home, but sitting through a movie at a theater is one of the most torturous experiences for me. I can't explain why?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:05 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
zappagirl wrote:

One of my ex's biggest bitches. I don't mind watching movies at home, but sitting through a movie at a theater is one of the most torturous experiences for me. I can't explain why?

I know why. Because I can't pause the movie to go pee or get a drink. I can't have a Scotch or glass of wine and I can't take my Volcano. And there are a lot of fucking weirdos at the movies. The last two times we went to see a movie in a theater, I had some creepy, suspicious bastard come and sit right next to me in an empty movie theater! Both times the guys could have sat anywhere, the theaters were literally empty but each time they sat right next to me.

But we barely watch movies at home either. TV for that matter too, we watch sports and cartoons and I admit, I'm currently hooked on the cooking contest shows on the Food Network. But like with me and all TV, that will eventually wear off too.

However, I was in a movie theater last night and except for the stinky hippy girl behind us that insisted on singing along and she stank pretty bad, it was good. We saw saw the one and only broadcast of the Grateful Dead's performance on the German TV show, Beat Club from 4/21/72, which has never before been aired.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:29 pm 

...and I can't smoke a bowl at the theater either. Another negative for me. Other than Two And A Half Men reruns and Zappa DVDs on the weekend, my TV is rarely on as well. My mom just loaned me Season 1 of Orange Is The New Black on DVD. She insists that I need to see it, so I may start on that tonight?

Sorry about the stinky hippy chick. There's another downside. That, and people who can't leave their cell phones alone long enough to watch the fucking movie.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:44 pm 

zappagirl wrote:
Philostopher wrote:
zappagirl wrote:

I know why. Because I can't pause the movie to go pee or get a drink. I can't have a Scotch or glass of wine and I can't take my Volcano. And there are a lot of fucking weirdos at the movies. The last two times we went to see a movie in a theater, I had some creepy, suspicious bastard come and sit right next to me in an empty movie theater! Both times the guys could have sat anywhere, the theaters were literally empty but each time they sat right next to me.

But we barely watch movies at home either. TV for that matter too, we watch sports and cartoons and I admit, I'm currently hooked on the cooking contest shows on the Food Network. But like with me and all TV, that will eventually wear off too.

However, I was in a movie theater last night and except for the stinky hippy girl behind us that insisted on singing along and she stank pretty bad, it was good. We saw saw the one and only broadcast of the Grateful Dead's performance on the German TV show, Beat Club from 4/21/72, which has never before been aired.

I discovered an awesome cartoon while spending some time watching with Izzy (my granddaughter) on a Saturday afternoon...the Regular Show on Cartoon Network, I highly reccommend it, especially for those of you who use substance's... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:54 pm 

Plook wrote:
I discovered an awesome cartoon while spending some time watching with Izzy (my granddaughter) on a Saturday afternoon...the Regular Show on Cartoon Network, I highly reccommend it, especially for those of you who use substance's... :wink:

I'll have to check it out. Malachi was in cartoon land in the early 2000's. The only one I really hated was The Fairly Odd Parents. That shit drove me up the wall for some reason. Sorry to hijack your thread Zappagirl. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:57 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
...and I can't smoke a bowl at the theater either. Another negative for me. Other than Two And A Half Men reruns and Zappa DVDs on the weekend, my TV is rarely on as well. My mom just loaned me Season 1 of Orange Is The New Black on DVD. She insists that I need to see it, so I may start on that tonight?

Sorry about the stinky hippy chick. There's another downside. That, and people who can't leave their cell phones alone long enough to watch the fucking movie.

I try to avoid smoking so thus the Volcano vaporizer.....much to bulky for a movie theater and I'm not sure they let me run an extension cord to plug it in!

Yeah, the smelly chick sucked. My friend thought she smelled like stinky feet. I thought she smelled like piss. Either way it brought back memories about how I always felt like the cleanest person at a Dead show.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:59 pm 

Plook wrote:

I'm talking more adult type cartoons like American Dad and China IL. And I will always have a special place in my heart for Beavis & Butthead.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:00 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
Plook wrote:

I'll have to check it out. Malachi was in cartoon land in the early 2000's. The only one I really hated was The Fairly Odd Parents. That shit drove me up the wall for some reason. Sorry to hijack your thread Zappagirl. :oops:

:) It's all good!

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:12 pm 

A stinky hippy chick at a Grateful Dead screening? :shock: As far as kid's cartoons go, when mine were younger, Spongebob Squarepants was hard to beat.

Philo - I loved watching Two and a Half Men for awhile with my son for possibly the same reason you did. Besides it being pretty funny, it showed the male point of view in a divorce/custody situation. I think it helped show my son that I wasn't necessarily always the bad guy.

I won't apologize for hijacking anybody's thread. If you're sparking good conversation amongst us then that's a good thing, ZG!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:25 pm 

I wish I had a vaporizer, but you have no idea how hard it is to even get a bowl in this area. We can't even buy beer here on Sunday. The Baptists and Methodists rule this area, and have no compulsion when it comes to inflicting their moral turpitude. If I were a liquor drinker, I would have to drive a little to get my fix. This is a "dry county" with the exception of one town who just voted in a liquor store. That means no "hard alcohol?" is sold in this county. Most people don't know this. But the county in TN where they make Jack Daniels is a "dry county". That means you can't actually buy Jack Daniels in the county in which it is distilled. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:29 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Philo - I loved watching Two and a Half Men for awhile with my son for possibly the same reason you did. Besides it being pretty funny, it showed the male point of view in a divorce/custody situation. I think it helped show my son that I wasn't necessarily always the bad guy.

Exactly. Plus, Jon Cryer is totally fucking underrated as a supporting actor.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:01 pm 

zappagirl wrote:
Plook wrote:

I'm talking more adult type cartoons like American Dad and China IL. And I will always have a special place in my heart for Beavis & Butthead.

From what I saw it is writen for adults, there is no way those themes are for kids... :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:07 pm 

zappagirl wrote:
And I will always have a special place in my heart for Beavis & Butthead.

I fucking missed this. Your husband is a lucky man. We own every Beavis & Butthead DVD that has ever been released. My ex didn't get it, but my son does. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:02 pm 

^ Mike Judge is great.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:07 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
^ Mike Judge is great.

Evidence: Idiocracy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:36 pm 

I just got back from a 2-hour, 6.5 mile hike. We hiked up to the Hollywood sign today, one hour of all up hill. Now it's time to eat some protein, yummy Coho salmon.

I could use a nice foot massage.

my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:12 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
zappagirl wrote:
And I will always have a special place in my heart for Beavis & Butthead.

I fucking missed this. Your husband is a lucky man. We own every Beavis & Butthead DVD that has ever been released. My ex didn't get it, but my son does. 8)
What a hilarious show. Mike Judge said that he's embarrassed by about one third of the episodes and won't allow them to be released on DVD. Hopefully he will change his mind.
zappagirl wrote:
I just got back from a 2-hour, 6.5 mile hike. We hiked up to the HollyWOOD sign today, one hour of all up hill. Now it's time to eat some protein, yummy CoHO salmon.

I could use a nice foot massage.
Butthead: "Huh huh huh...she said wood...huh huh huh....". Beavis: "Yeah...Heh heh heh...and then she said ho...heh heh heh.."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:20 pm 

LMFAO... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:31 pm 

I wish they'd release the DVDs with the videos, some of the funniest parts of the show were when B & B would comment on the videos. I bought bootleg copies on eBay but the quality is shitty. I was so excited when they brought it back a couple years ago and then nobody picked it up so i think there were only 4 new episodes and they were really good.

I heard a rerun of Howard Stern recently when Mike Judge was on. He was a great interview, he'd go back and forth between his own voice and Beavis & Butthead. MTV really fucked him over. Fuck MTV!

my bongos in the dirt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 53  Next