Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:43 pm 

Sorta decided not to go see Living Colour Oct. 3. due to finances. I've been wanting to get the "new" Living Colour album for awhile and finally decided to pull the trigger and just got it. Geez, it was released in 2009!!! I've been contemplating buying this album for five years!! You know what? It is a fucking bad ass album. Vernon Reid and LC are great! Still might go down to see them even if I drive back that night (it's a three hour drive).

As a back up plan, I may go see Robbie Fulks, my favorite alt-country guy in Winters (close to KK country).

My back up, back up plan is to stay home and save some money.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:18 am 

KUIII wrote:
Sorta decided not to go see Living Colour Oct. 3. due to finances. I've been wanting to get the "new" Living Colour album for awhile and finally decided to pull the trigger and just got it. Geez, it was released in 2009!!! I've been contemplating buying this album for five years!! You know what? It is a fucking bad ass album. Vernon Reid and LC are great! Still might go down to see them even if I drive back that night (it's a three hour drive).

As a back up plan, I may go see Robbie Fulks, my favorite alt-country guy in Winters (close to KK country).

Let me know if you go to Robbie Fulks. Is anyone good at Harlow's this weekend? Isn't Adrian Belew coming through again soon or am I thinking about Julie Slicks new group/duo? :?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:55 am 

I'm having a little shin dig at my place Friday evening if you guys want to come.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:16 pm 

Plook wrote:
I'm having a little shin dig at my place Friday evening if you guys want to come.

Got Twister? :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:08 pm 

KAPT.KIIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

Got Twister? :)

Twister Jelly Fish addition... :mrgreen:

Oh my... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:42 pm 

Plook wrote:
Twister Jelly Fish addition... :mrgreen:

Oh my...

Slippery when wet! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:45 pm 

Plook wrote:

Sorry Plook, I'm not much into shin digs. Now if you were having a wing ding that would be different.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:57 pm 

KAPT.KIIIRK wrote:
KUIII wrote:

Let me know if you go to Robbie Fulks. Is anyone good at Harlow's this weekend? Isn't Adrian Belew coming through again soon or am I thinking about Julie Slicks new group/duo? :?

In all likelihood I'll probably just stay home and save my money that night. I've been acting like I'm rich since I got the roommate but I got to go out and have a little long overdue fun. Now I need to buckle down and improve my financial standing a bit.

If you have a chance to see Robbie Fulks at the Palms you should check him out. I don't know if you like country music at all but he's a great songwriter and has some real sly humor in his songs. He's also a great picker and so is the guy he plays with when he does his acoustic duo shows.

Adrian Belew returns to Harlow's November 11th. Julie's still in the band but Eric's long gone. Last I heard he was in an alt-rock band called Dr. Dog.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:33 pm 

Anyone going to see Steve Hackett in December? Both San Francisco shows are sold out now. Plenty of tickets left for the LosAngeles/Orpheum and Seattle/Moore shows, though. Steve's really playing well these days.

http://www.hackettsongs.com/index.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:42 pm 

KUIII wrote:
If you have a chance to see Robbie Fulks at the Palms you should check him out. I don't know if you like country music at all but he's a great songwriter and has some real sly humor in his songs. He's also a great picker and so is the guy he plays with when he does his acoustic duo shows.

Adrian Belew returns to Harlow's November 11th. Julie's still in the band but Eric's long gone. Last I heard he was in an alt-rock band called Dr. Dog.

Is Robbie Fulks on a Sat or Sun. night? I just might go. 8)
Let's all do Harlow's with AB on the 11th of Nov.. I know it's a school/work night but wtf, it sounds cool! :?: :?:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:02 pm 

Robbie is Friday night, Oct. 3rd.

I'm planning on going to see AB. It's on Veteran's Day so I shouldn't have to go to work that day but I do the next. That's ok though. Veteran's Day cancels a meeting I would have been obligated to go to. I'd like to thank all the brave men and women of our armed forces for making the ultimate sacrifice so that I could go see the AB Power Trio this year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:06 pm 

Ya gotta love our folks in uniform. What they won't do for our right to pursue happiness! Thanks for having your day on AB's Sac. date y'all! I'm sure all our vets and service folks read this thread like the bable. This post might even turn up in Stars and Stripes! :shock: I've been chatting with Julie about doing a radio interview here on K-DRT before the show. I think every things gotta go through AB 1st, so we shall see.
So I'm planning on going too then. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:40 pm 

Attachment:
jt friends.jpg

I'm thinking about the early show. Also, this event has never happend on a weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:45 pm 

coevad wrote:
Anyone going to see Steve Hackett in December? Both San Francisco shows are sold out now. Plenty of tickets left for the LosAngeles/Orpheum and Seattle/Moore shows, though. Steve's really playing well these days.

I didn't want to ignore your question. I didn't get into Genesis, Peter Gabriel, or Phil Collins until after the breakup. I've never really gone back and checked out early Genesis which I know is the only Genesis that matters for the serious fans.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:39 pm 

KUIII wrote:
coevad wrote:

I didn't want to ignore your question. I didn't get into Genesis, Peter Gabriel, or Phil Collins until after the breakup. I've never really gone back and checked out early Genesis which I know is the only Genesis that matters for the serious fans.

Steve plays about two thirds Gabriel era Genesis on this tour.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:43 pm 

coevad wrote:
Attachment:
jt friends.jpg

I'm thinking about the early show. Also, this event has never happend on a weekend.

Wow, I'm in town that week!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:15 pm 

Plook wrote:
coevad wrote:
Attachment:
jt friends.jpg

You lucky dog you! Place green with envy pumpkin here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:17 am 

Plook wrote:
coevad wrote:
Attachment:
jt friends.jpg

Give me a call if you want to go. My friend seems unsure about going, and I don't wanna go solo.

Scheila! Scheila!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:51 pm 

coevad wrote:
Plook wrote:
coevad wrote:
Attachment:
jt friends.jpg

Give me a call if you want to go. My friend seems unsure about going, and I don't wanna go solo.

Scheila! Scheila!

I'm 90 percent... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:25 pm 

Plook wrote:
I'm 90 percent...

100 percent NOT happening for me. Oroville calls to me from yonder hills "be there Monday at 8:30am" or your in a heap of trouble boy. Bummer man! :x :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:11 pm 

I may be playing a job Saturday night @ Centerfield Sports Bar in Huntington Beach. We're just waiting for the drummers reply. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

I'd better brush up on my Weezer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:00 pm 

We are a go for Friday, tickets at the door!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:44 pm 

Plook wrote:

Yeah!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:38 pm 

coevad wrote:
Plook wrote:

Yeah!

My place or your's

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:27 pm 

Riding with Plook on Friday.

Leaving for King Crimson shortly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next