Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5392
Location: Over there! (last)
Plook wrote:
Actually I live in an area where they are currently planning to succeed from California and create a new state called the State of Jefferson
Will they succeed in seceding? :mrgreen:

Tom Curry
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7296
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Plook wrote:
... these people are heavily armed and I don't need the news to tell me anything...I get it straight from the horses mouth. I drink with these people, I eat with these people, I shop with these people...I am around these people every day


Bloody hell. Do they poop off during a meal? Do you get a moment's peace? :wink:

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 32730
Location: Somewhere in time
They're idiots they think they can break-off from all the major city's and still have enough tax revenue to survive, when you ask where will the money come from to maintain infrastructure, they answer we will sell the water for a better price to southern Californian and other stated (e.g. Arizona)...apparently they don't understand contract law and they still have over 70 years left on a 100 year contract to deliver water... :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7296
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
So Chinatown was a documentary, basically? Are they incestuous, too? :|

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 5250
Running Gun Blues- David Bowie

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 9034
Plook wrote:
They're idiots they think they can break-off from all the major city's and still have enough tax revenue to survive, when you ask where will the money come from to maintain infrastructure, they answer we will sell the water for a better price to southern Californian and other stated (e.g. Arizona)...apparently they don't understand contract law and they still have over 70 years left on a 100 year contract to deliver water... :idea:

They are delusional to be sure. For something like this to happen they would have to have it voted on by all of California and all of Oregon as their proposed boundaries include part of Southern Oregon as well. These are the same people that had tea bags hanging off their hats ten years ago, have NRA stickers on their four wheel drive trucks, and who voted for Trump. Not the brightest group of individuals. On the bright side, they are a minority (even around here).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 8402
Location: The Thumb
Image
Quote:
Wait a second man Whaddaya think the teacher's gonna look like this year? -Van Halen

_________________
*********************************************************************
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5273
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
As to the question of Obama not inviting people to the White House, he did something else instead. He visited the people where the attacks had actually taken place. And he didn't need a list with prompts like "I hear you", either.


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump ... le/2649356

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/politics ... index.html

https://sputniknews.com/us/201802171061 ... -shooting/

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/tru ... l-shooting

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... n-students



You know, Caputh...it's just TOO EASY proving you wrong. In fact, it's not even fun anymore...

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 29635
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
ImageImage

_________________
hey Punk, where you goin' with that button on your shirt?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15091
Location: misanthropia
Image

Image

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7296
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
As to the question of Obama not inviting people to the White House, he did something else instead. He visited the people where the attacks had actually taken place. And he didn't need a list with prompts like "I hear you", either.


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump ... le/2649356

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/politics ... index.html

https://sputniknews.com/us/201802171061 ... -shooting/

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/tru ... l-shooting

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... n-students





You know, Caputh...it's just TOO EASY proving you wrong. In fact, it's not even fun anymore...


A wee, wailing voice, pleading for attention, rises up from a self-constructed bottomless pit. No wonder you're bored. However, the depth of that pit seems to be so great that it has affected your ability to understand what others are truly saying.

It would be easy to prove me wrong, if my point had been that Trump did not visit victims of shootings. As his great, beaming orange face, looking like he was visiting a birthday party, was all over the press and his own twitter feed, this would have been a very poor point indeed and you would have proved me totally wrong, winning the argument.

But as that wasn't even remotely the point I was making, you haven't.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 8402
Location: The Thumb
Image
Can't think of anyone in my neighborhood who should own a high-powered anything unless it's maybe a telescope, jacuzzi, pressure washer,or the services of a lawyer.

_________________
*********************************************************************
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5392
Location: Over there! (last)
lapsed maps wrote:
Image

Image
Damn - that's funny. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5273
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
As to the question of Obama not inviting people to the White House, he did something else instead. He visited the people where the attacks had actually taken place. And he didn't need a list with prompts like "I hear you", either.


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump ... le/2649356

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/politics ... index.html

https://sputniknews.com/us/201802171061 ... -shooting/

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/tru ... l-shooting

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... n-students





You know, Caputh...it's just TOO EASY proving you wrong. In fact, it's not even fun anymore...


A wee, wailing voice, pleading for attention, rises up from a self-constructed bottomless pit. No wonder you're bored. However, the depth of that pit seems to be so great that it has affected your ability to understand what others are truly saying.

It would be easy to prove me wrong, if my point had been that Trump did not visit victims of shootings. As his great, beaming orange face, looking like he was visiting a birthday party, was all over the press and his own twitter feed, this would have been a very poor point indeed and you would have proved me totally wrong, winning the argument.

But as that wasn't even remotely the point I was making, you haven't.


You NEVER once said or implied that you knew Trump visited the Florida school shooting victims in the hospital. Which is EXACTLY why you brought up Obama's previous visit(s). And this of course, was my point.

Holy fuck, you're a weasel. :roll:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7296
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Yes, oh, endless excavator, I never said or implied that Trump failed to do anything, because I wasn't talking about Trump. My point was about what Obama did. You appear to have reached a depth of your lonely hole in which you want others to make your points for you, but nobody seems to be very keen on the idea - I know I'm not.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 8402
Location: The Thumb
2 dead, gunman at large in Central Michigan University shooting
Image
Two people were killed in a fourth-floor room of a Central Michigan University residence hall early Friday morning, police and the university said.

The two who were killed were not students, the university said.(Current reports say the victims were his parents!)

Sources told the Detroit Free Press that the victims are believed to be the shooter's parents. The situation is believed to have started from a domestic dispute.

The suspect is still at large. He is considered armed and dangerous. The entire CMU campus and most of Mount Pleasant, where the university is located, is locked down while police from local, state and federal agencies search the area.

The person of interest is James Eric Davis, Jr. He is a black male, approximately 19 years of age, 5-feet-10 and 135 pounds.

Friday is the last day before spring break. Many students had already left campus, but others were planning to leave today.

CMU is asking anyone who is planning to come to campus today to pick up students for spring break to stay off campus until further notice. University officials are asking them to go to a nearby hotel, where university staff will be on site to support the families.

CMU is a university of about 25,000 students, located in mid-Michigan. It is about an hour north of Lansing, the state capital and about 2 1/2 hours northwest of Detroit.

Gov. Rick Snyder also tweeted in response to the incident.

_________________
*********************************************************************
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 5273
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
Yes, oh, endless excavator, I never said or implied that Trump failed to do anything, because I wasn't talking about Trump. My point was about what Obama did. You appear to have reached a depth of your lonely hole in which you want others to make your points for you, but nobody seems to be very keen on the idea - I know I'm not.


BULLSHIT. :roll:

_________________
"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 7296
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
BULLSHIT. :roll:

Image

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5392
Location: Over there! (last)
Drew Sheneman
Image

Osmani Simanca
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 29635
Location: >>==> Wellington New Zealand
Image

_________________
hey Punk, where you goin' with that button on your shirt?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 33604
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Image

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 12167
Location: EINDHOVEN
A California teacher and reserve police officer was teaching a class on public safety yesterday, when his gun accidentally fired. It was aimed at the ceiling, causing debris to come down and injure a student.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/14/us/c ... index.html
Whoopsiedoodle.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 5392
Location: Over there! (last)
John Darkow
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 5176
BBP wrote:
A California teacher and reserve police officer was teaching a class on public safety yesterday, when his gun accidentally fired. It was aimed at the ceiling, causing debris to come down and injure a student.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/14/us/c ... index.html
Whoopsiedoodle.

The class learned a valuable lesson about public safety. Far more meaningful than anything the California teacher and reserve police officer could have imparted with their obviously unqualified teachings.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 15091
Location: misanthropia
downer mydnyte wrote:
BBP wrote:
A California teacher and reserve police officer was teaching a class on public safety yesterday, when his gun accidentally fired. It was aimed at the ceiling, causing debris to come down and injure a student.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/14/us/c ... index.html
Whoopsiedoodle.

The class learned a valuable lesson about public safety. Far more meaningful than anything the California teacher and reserve police officer could have imparted with their obviously unqualified teachings.

Image

be aware of your surroundings.

_________________
that's what happens when you don't read you loose your link to higher thinking


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group