Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 396, 397, 398, 399, 400, 401, 402 ... 406  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:09 am 

Guess What Day It Is...???... :?

No that's not it... :shock:

It's the day RG Kat and I leave for a trip to the Central Coast for an impromptu vacation... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:02 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:53 pm 

We made it to Morro after a 5.5 hour drive, listen to James Paterson's 7th publication of The Women's Murder Club, very good book.

We scored an awesome room with a hug private balcony compared to other rooms, after a couple of drinks we headed out to the Dutchman's for some fish & shrimp and chips with clam chowder.

We are d-u-n done hitting the hey now, tomorrow is another day... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:57 pm 

I hope you get a hug on that there private balcony Plook.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:28 pm 

Plook wrote:
We are d-u-n done hitting the hey now

you guys have given up sleeping!!!?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:53 pm 

lapsed maps wrote:
Plook wrote:

hey now hey now don't dream it's over.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:43 am 

lapsed maps wrote:
Plook wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:16 am 

You all are funny, there is a heat wave her 79 degrees...believe it or not at the beach where it seldom gets over 68 degrees this feels like 100 degrees...we actually are flipping all our plans to go to the places that are usually very cool while the heat is on.

The best thing is no smoke, at our place it had gotten like Beijing China again due to the Santa Rosa fire...someone needs to sweep the floors... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:06 am 

Plook wrote:
her 79 degrees

who?

jane??

yeah... she hot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:07 am 

We had one of our jam packed days yesterday doing a whole bunch of 'nuttin...started with coffee from the local coffee joint, got take out at Frankie & Lola's fried green tomatoes eggs benedict, and jumped in the car without a plan... 8)

We headed up the coast towards San Simeon to see if Hearst Castle may be open in a limited way, definitely not open... :(

It was only a couple miles more to the Elephant Seal Vista Point so we headed there, the ocean was incredibly glassy and shimmering with some excellent throaty waves with real juice behind them.

The seals were everything from cute to ornery with some apparent romantic interludes in the shore surf... :shock:

We spent a good part of the day at Moonstone watching surfers and enjoy a very uncrowded beach day, we had stopped a a liquor store to get something to drink and they had mixed drinks in a can, I had a lime soda and vodka (didn't taste great... :P) and RG got a Long Island Ice Tea. Well hers tasted great and after an hour or so hanging out I realize she is zonked on the one drink (LOL... :lol: ...she is a true light weight), I am like, "holy crap how will I get her to the dam car across a huge chunk of beach and up a bluff!"

Fortunately she got it together and we made it, checked out more beaches and stopped at the store, I bought a back up can of the Long Island Ice Tea so I can take advantage of her one night... :twisted:

We ended up back in the Bay late in the day and watched sunset from our room, then got ready for a nice dinner at Dorn's, we enjoyed a couple of drinks and then walked to the restaurant.

We enjoyed Oysters on the half shell, garlic mushrooms, and a Skewer with assorted fish & shrimp.

We were Ba-bushed when we got back checked out the amazing Super Blue Moon and called it a day... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:27 am 

Plook wrote:
we got back checked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:41 am 

So yesterday was another hum dinger, somehow I talked RG in to getting up and heading to the beach early... :shock:

We grabbed our coffee at the local coffee joint and even got an offer from the owner to take us out ocean fishing... :o...(we will save that for hopefully after the pandemic is under control)... :)

We got to the Rock and the surf was overhead and powerful, due to the swell direction it was extremely hazardous with a lot of walled out waves, but if the surfer was positioned right there were some killer rides. A clean-up set came in that could only be characterized as Double Overhead! That took out over half the surfers in one foul swoop. I explained to RG the various states of jeopardy the individual surfers were in and ultimately it was such an ass kicking over a dozen came in after things somewhat settled down...eating that much powerful white water will wear one out no matter what shape you are in.... :idea:

We decided to drive up the coast and check some of the reefs I know of that only break when a large swell hits and we saw some more awesome surf... :D

We headed back to Morro stopped at Frankie and Lola's and got a Chorizo breakfast burrito, after we ate we got ready and headed out and about for a few hours around town to check out some shops.

I had booked a 2:30 pm Tee time at the golf course so we headed over there, it was packed but we grouped up with some nice people and an enjoyable day on the course for 5 hours finished with just enough light to see on 18... :shock:

I played pretty good shot 91 on an extremely difficult course so I considered it a win... 8)

We were completely done so we picked up a pizza and headed back to the room for the night... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:44 am 

Plook wrote:
So yesterday was another hum dinger, somehow I talked RG in to getting up and heading to the beach early... :shock:

We grabbed our coffee at the local coffee joint and even got an offer from the owner to take us out ocean fishing... :o...(we will save that for hopefully after the pandemic is under control)... :)

We got to the Rock and the surf was overhead and powerful, due to the swell direction it was extremely hazardous with a lot of walled out waves, but if the surfer was positioned right there were some killer rides. A clean-up set came in that could only be characterized as Double Overhead! That took out over half the surfers in one foul swoop. I explained to RG the various states of jeopardy the individual surfers were in and ultimately it was such an ass kicking over a dozen came in after things somewhat settled down...eating that much powerful white water will wear one out no matter what shape you are in.... :idea:

We decided to drive up the coast and check some of the reefs I know of that only break when a large swell hits and we saw some more awesome surf... :D

We headed back to Morro stopped at Frankie and Lola's and got a Chorizo breakfast burrito, after we ate we got ready and headed out and about for a few hours around town to check out some shops.

I had booked a 2:30 pm Tee time at the golf course so we headed over there, it was packed but we grouped up with some nice people and an enjoyable day on the course for 5 hours finished with just enough light to see on 18... :shock:

I played pretty good shot 91 on an extremely difficult course so I considered it a win... 8)

We were completely done so we picked up a pizza and headed back to the room for the night... :smoke:

Sounds like you're having a great time, glad to hear!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:30 am 

Thank you Cory yes we are, yesterday though it seems so far away we had yet another jam packed day... :o

We had our coffee in the room then headed to Frankie and Lola's for breakfast, we sat at an outside table the weather is perfect here. We split a spinach and mushroom omelet with their glorious potatoes... :D

After we headed to the Rock to check out the surf and while it dropped in size a bit there were still good waves and the beach was packed (not surprising since it is 104 degrees just 15 miles inland more on that later)... :arrow:

We decided to pack a lunch and head Montana De Oro beach which was also packed with a small parking lot, fortunately I found someone leaving and we scored a spot. We hiked up the beach a little and set up our little slice in the sand. Everyone was spread out with a lot of people wearing masks at all times, we hung out for a couple hours I collected rocks and shells, also some rock skipping...I actually gave some gals throwing a football some tips on passing from a respectable distance... :)

We headed back to the Bay and did some shopping for trinkets for the grandkids and decided to have an early dinner at 5 pm, when we made our reservation it was over an hour wait so they took our phone number... :arrow:

Since we had time to burn we drove to the Rock but immediately realized that was a huge mistake when we noticed cars lined up for over a quarter mile due to the end of day exodus of the Saturday beach goers... :shock:

We turned around first chance we got and drove to the harbor with a launch ramp at the other end of the bay to get some cool pics of the golden sun on the water, just happened to see a 4 foot tall Blue Heron fishing in the shallows and got a good close-up of it... 8)

We finally got the call for dinner and were seated before 6:30 pm, we order a glass of wine and a martini and we had oysters, crab cakes, and shrimp scampi...everything was top shelf great sunset and we had Bailey's and Coffee for a finisher... :D

We made it ack to the room around 8:30 and we were cooked.... :!:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:49 am 

Yesterday we had our morning coffee and headed to San Luis Obispo for an early lunch at Petra where I had the Falafel Pita and RG went with the Steak Pita it was absolutely delicious.

Then we spent the day romping around the Mission Town and it was jammin with 99.9% mask wearing inside and on the street. We hit countless shops including a super cool Record store where we both bought several items. I found Big Audio Dynamites Higher Power in mint condition (mine was shot), Steely Dan's Greatest hits (every major song), and Frank Zappa Halloween '81 Highlights ($13)! RG is much more refined that I she got Jazz Saxophonist Dave Koz doing big movie hits and Bebel Gilberto doing Latin Jazz hits.

We checked out dozens of neat little shops and went to the Mission and walked along the creek that cuts through town. We made a day of it and didn't get back to the Bay until late afternoon.

We decided to hang out in the room and finish our book on tape relaxing with a lazy ocean breeze lapping into the room through the wide open slider and had take out salads for dinner.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:16 am 

Dinked around yesterday making several last minute trips around the area shopping, site seeing, and I grabbed some plants at the gardens to transplant at home... 8)

We are packing and headed back... :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:19 pm 

We made it home safe... :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:47 pm 

awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:26 am 

Plook wrote:
We made it home safe... :D

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:30 am 

Back to work... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:07 am 

The word "work" shares two letters with the word "wank". They also share similar properties i.e. you can have a good wank, but you always seem somehow ashamed afterwards.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:38 am 

Caputh wrote:
The word "work" shares two letters with the word "wank". They also share similar properties i.e. you can have a good wank, but you always seem somehow ashamed afterwards.

LOL...I would rather be wanking than working... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:47 am 

plook is a wankaholic!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:48 am 

It's a tough job but I am up for it... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:08 pm 

It is a Wednesday Plook Announcement... :smoke:

Hump Day activities have been canceled due to a Vacation Hang-Over... :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 396, 397, 398, 399, 400, 401, 402 ... 406  Next