Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 401, 402, 403, 404, 405  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:15 pm 

Plook wrote:
^^^That is exactly what my Doctor said this morning when I went in for a check-up...are you Physic?... :idea:

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:34 pm 

Plook wrote:
Got to many sheets into the wind Friday and walked over to a neighbors Trump/Quanon party to join the fun... :shock:

More details to come... :smoke:

My work partner is still out and may be for a while so i am training a new guy... :evil:

Almost got in a physical altercation at Starbucks Sunday... :!:

Follow up el numeral uno

Almost got in a physical altercation at Starbucks Sunday, I went to pick-up a coffee and they were locking the lobby due to being understaffed (Drive Up was open), the gal says you can come in as she was posting a sign, she locked the door and said please don't open the door for anyone.

It was myself and 4 women waiting for our on line orders to be served.

Some guy rolls up try's the locked door and starts pounding on the glass, I didn't look back but some women is pantomiming the universally hand signal for they are closed that's why the door is locked.

A minute or so passes and they call my drink I grab it I am heading out the door and Mr. Door Pounder is standing there waiting, I open the door and state "The lobby's closed"...I am still emerging from the door in the doorway it all happened very fast, I am fully in the door way and he bum rush's and physically try's to get past me making some sort of football swim move to push me aside and make his grand entrances.

Well Homey played adult league basketball for many years with some big M-F'ers and my power forward instincts kicked in and I put a body on him and bumped him back with some serious force and to his surprise and mine frankly he went flying back about three feet and I had that door closed instantly.

I looked at him ready for a possible brawl and he says "What an asshole", I said "don't ever touch me again" and walked to my car waiting for a rear assault that would have got him a hot cup of coffee in the face and a car key in the eye if needed...Fuck I got to be careful or I am going to end up in jail... :x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:48 am 

^^^ Well handled Mr Plook ^^^
Stay safe out there .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:15 am 

Plook wrote:
end up in jail... :x

ouch!
i see what you did there.

Post subject: Re: Plook on Parole
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:03 am 

Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the jury, it began in a nano second with fathers reaction
to being charged by an unmasked drug addled ex professional wrestler looking for a fix and
culminated with an accidental scolding and stabbing that took place well after my client,
a documented and medicated PTSD sufferer had, as demonstrated conclusively
by the world renowned Doctor Nick Riviera, momentarily blacked out.....

The Defense Rests.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:01 am 

Plook wrote:

My work partner is still out and may be for a while so i am training a new guy... :evil:

I split the country with a guy who is on the Ohio / Michigan border he covers East of the Mississippi and I have West, he became ill and eventually was hospitalized, its not the VID. He was in and out a couple times before he was diagnosed with viral spinal meningitis, he has been out for over three weeks.

I have been taking the whole workload they gave me a guy Monday to start training which is rough while maintaining a work profile, not to mention I had the need to do a presentation Wednesday to various stakeholders in the projects I review...I thought I would go on and wing it but there were Directors and VP's on there so the Line Manager said last Friday I needed a minimum 20 to 30 slide power point presentation so I whipped up a 21 slide show it went well.

The guy I am training came in with me 10 years ago and we have done different special projects together including the first trial for Virtual Reviews... 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:57 pm 

It's Friday Night Jellyfish...

We have the kids tonight... :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:56 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:14 pm 

Plook wrote:
Got to many sheets into the wind Friday and walked over to a neighbors Trump/Quanon party to join the fun... :shock:

Lets start with some background...So my neighbor has been drinking the Cheat-O Kool aide since 2016 when I noticed he put a sticker on his car, he is super nice we are good neighbors and help each other out all the time.

I realized as time went on that he was all in, he has the MAGA look if you know what I mean (beard, shaved head, etc.), he is ex Airborne and owns an arsenal of weapons.

As the whole election thing started ramping up he attended some rallies in Sac (Sacramento), huge Cheat-O flag and eventually put a yellow "Don't Tread on Me" flag over his garage (had put a flag pole in about 4 years ago for his American Flag and military unit flag).

They got a huge fire pit and started having people over that I never saw before along with some I had seen and they would hang out on Friday or Saturday night talking it up. I am not a nosy person but from my back patio were I hang out I could clearly hear that they were discussing "Current events" and while it was difficult to get the full drift of the subject matter the Qanoon stuff was definitely on the agenda...again I made no special effort to listen in.

Before the election it appeared they had left on a trip (they have people that check on their home when gone and sometimes they tell me before they leave but not always) I saw their garage was left open so I called his wife and she said I am home that her hubby had went hunting, I found it out of place but I do not claim to know everything about hunting. They have two of those mini 4 wheel off road vehicles, they stack them in a trailer and he apparently took them and a tent on wheels he has.

A few days later I saw some people I never saw before bring his truck trailer tent off road vehicle in washing everything and putting it away, neither he or his wife were there. Then I saw her a few days later and she told me that he had been in an accident in his off road vehicle while hunting in Utah and had broke his hip and would be coming home from Nevada by ambulance the next day.

He was in bad shape when he got home and I did not see him often for some time usually in a wheel chair until recently and he is getting around pretty good.

Now I am going to fully speculate that he may have gotten involved with some type of militia group or something like that, he has been getting into the break up California stuff which is also wacky, as well as the anti-mask / COVID is fake thing, and who knows what else.

The DTOM flag has definitely been high jacked by both military leaning groups and Quanon with massive overlap of booth, I think this injection of people and all this new stuff could easily put him into some para military activity and that crash while hunting always made me think they may have been involved in some war games / training, the whole thing set off my crap detector.

So that Friday night a couple weeks ago I got my sheets out rather early for some reason (I may have rufied myself), so Kat and I were singing and dancing as we are want to do when I noticed they had one of their little Quanon fire thing going, I told Kat lets go visit the neighbors so we headed over there and crashed the party, the subject matter definitely changed because they know I watch Rachel Maddow and Chris Hayes, but all and all we had fun and got some good laughs in outside and socially distanced... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:06 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:10 pm 

It's Friday Night!!!... :!:

Let's get ready to rumble.... :shock:

It's Time for Jellyfish Honey Badger Wrestling Again... :D

The two week delay makes this match much more competitive... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:46 am 

hey plook, i wonder what day it is...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 am 

Unfortunately this Wednesday is Humpless Hump Day... :shock:

RG's daughter has a medical procedure tomorrow and her Granddaughter is staying with her tonight to get her to work on time tomorrow, she started her first job at Mikey D's today...so it's a good news bad news situation... :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:24 am 

Plook wrote:
Mikey D's

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:44 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:20 pm 

It's Friday Night and me wants some booty... 8)

The Lass had a Grand Baby today me thought me out of luck like me life boat sprung a leak.... :shock:

But me Lady Tells me no visiting this eve and no return of the child until yawn Sunday morn... :arrow:

So it's time for Jellyfish Honey Badger Wrestling!!!... :!:

This Gal may shoot me... :wink: :

Yes I have been hitting the weights... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:39 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:09 pm 

Ahoy, Matey's me ship was scuttled when the yutes appeared to spend the night... :x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:21 am 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:59 pm 

This Grandbaby of RG's is pretty cute and I think it is going to cut into my action... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:29 pm 

A Gentleman from the Dallas Texas I work with passed away from COVID yesterday Joe was 66 and in good shape, a real country boy with a Texas drawl as long as the state line.

He was hospitalized for 31 days seemed as if he was getting better and suddenly turned and passed in 48 hours, so sad.

He was a long-time employee of the company when I was hired in 2011, he recognized my abilities and skills from our first encounter, I traveled to Texas once or twice a month for 3 1/2 years.

During my early years he championed me and assured my involvement in the Readiness Team (we determined how best to incorporate new equipment designs into a live field environment) we spent a lot of late nights together at the Headquarters in Plano Texas (an awesome beautiful campus something like a Google miniature...Great lunch room, its own Starbucks, furnished Swedish classic modern, and a sizable lake in the middle of the property with a long footbridge over it).

He also had me involved in the AT&T Root Cause Analysis Team where we determined trouble causes and solution recommendations. He also made sure I was on the development Team for the Verizon Cloud Solution (I was definitely the dumbest guy in that room... :P )

We only worked together marginally from 2016-2019 but ran into each other on various Projects, we meet up again on In-Building Solutions in the spring of 2019, we were a force to be reckoned with by the end of last year a great ally.

We are always having lively discussions around our work with as many people that agree with us as disagree and when I was told about 6 weeks ago, he would be out for a little while I thought maybe he had gotten in some trouble.

I was on a Teams Meeting this morning and someone asked if I knew Joe, they actually said "you know Joe, don't you?" and I said “heck yeah we are great friends” ...then they broke the news, I had to drop off the call, I will be honest I actually cried...Joe was a great guy that helped my carrier tremendously.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:41 am 

Sorry to hear that news Plook .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:42 am 

sorry for the unexpected loss, plook.

RIP joe.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:19 am 

lapsed maps wrote:
sorry for the unexpected loss, plook.

RIP joe.
tinkamok wrote:
Sorry to hear that news Plook .

+1 Very sorry Plook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:24 am 

Thanks gents I appreciate it I feel so bad for his family, I noticed when I went to the store yesterday I got really mad when I saw someone not wearing a mask, it was all I could do not to yell at them like a crazy man... :evil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 401, 402, 403, 404, 405  Next