Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 387, 388, 389, 390, 391  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 am 

It was great but I am still on my extended date with RG Kat so full report will follow, today we head to the Chart House for early lunch probably head to the beach and a museum then dinner at Fisherman's Wharf...we found a restaurant that looks amazing it is French Soul Food we want to hit it tomorrow... :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:19 pm 

We got a window seat at Alioto's over looking Fisherman's Wharf with a Golden Gate Bridge Bridge view on a Friday night on Valentine's Day...that long ass Italian last name with way to many vowels comes in handy sometimes... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:05 am 

Had a great night out fabulous dinner, nice walk on the wharf, and found a cool old school bar out on the end of one of the piers...the bar tenders name was Nick, that's all you need to know about that... 8)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:00 pm 

We made it back but we did the Wharf area again early before the crowds and found some interesting stuff, then we headed to Brenda's the French soul Food restaurant and had an amazing breakfast...Now it's back to reality... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:04 am 

Plook wrote:
It's with great sadness and a heavy heart I must inform you the KUIII (Dean) passed away yesterday Sunday 02/09/20 after his long battle with cancer ...

That's sad to hear, condolences Plook.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:55 am 

polydigm wrote:
Plook wrote:
It's with great sadness and a heavy heart I must inform you the KUIII (Dean) passed away yesterday Sunday 02/09/20 after his long battle with cancer ...

That's sad to hear, condolences Plook.

Thank you Poly it did hit me hard, Dean was the first person I got to know when I moved to Northern California 25 years ago and then he moved to Paradise which is over an hour away, but we reconnected on the Zappa Forum and also meet Kapt. Kiiirk, we started attending shows together, they came to our party's, and would give you the shirt off thier back (even if it was the only one they had)...they supported me when Terri was sick and after she passed, they worked together to record Terri's Service, they were really good people.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:12 pm 

It's Another Special Addition of Plook on Tour... :o

What was Winston Parker up to when we were in San Francisco (with flowers in our hair) it was hard to determin because he was in the a same spot when we got back... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:23 pm 

It's Hump Day... :o

Woo hoo...we are exhausted I think the only humping going on this hump day will be in the imagination of the hump-manger... :arrow:

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:17 pm 

Rest in Peace, Dean :cry:

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:33 am 

Headed golfing on what should be a beautiful day, although it is going to be a brisk start but should quickly warm to a balmy 70 degrees... :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:31 pm 

Winston Parker has been MIA for over 24 hours, I am supper concerned since there is a asshole in my neighbor who got in trouble for trapping and killing cats several years ago. Winston comes home to eat every morning, hopefully some kids let him in their house and he is just stuck...but it is really worrying me... :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:33 pm 

Hopefully Winston's alright :oops:

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:29 pm 

Any news on Winston Plook?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:26 am 

We are hoping for his return...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:01 pm 

Winston Parker Update... :!:

He still has not returned, I contact PAWS they are a non for profit that helps animals the Daughter Plook the Younger volunteered there for years and in fact Minnie was a rescue dog from them, they had not received a cat matching Winston's description and they had me send a picture of him.

I also contacted the County Animal Shelter and no cat that fit his description was brought there or has been processed by them as killed or injured, I will keep you all updated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:01 am 

I hope he is fine and he will return...
Male cats, even neuted, can go on long journeys. We have register here of a male who went missing for around 40 days, I believe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:03 am 

Yes I hope he is playing house somewhere and will return when he can escape, but knowing there is someone who has caused harm to cats in the neighborhood in the past gives me a sense of dread...I hope I can maintain my cool if I become aware of that outcome, I still have enough gas in the tank to go off and that could land me in jail... :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:05 am 

Could you, perhaps, have a calm-and-cool conversation with that individual and ask them if they've seen your cat or know of its whereabouts?

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:19 am 

Plook wrote:
Yes I hope he is playing house somewhere and will return when he can escape, but knowing there is someone who has caused harm to cats in the neighborhood in the past gives me a sense of dread...I hope I can maintain my cool if I become aware of that outcome, I still have enough gas in the tank to go off and that could land me in jail... :idea:

They'll go light on you if it's your first offense :wink: but in all seriousness though, I hope you get things figured out. Our thoughts are with you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:38 am 

PenguinInBondage wrote:
Could you, perhaps, have a calm-and-cool conversation with that individual and ask them if they've seen your cat or know of its whereabouts?

This guy and his friend also blocked Terri in on the road when we had first moved to the house maybe around 2004 or 05, she didn't tell until years later because she knew I would be on his door step in a hot second ready to rock (I used to have a short fuse and the ammo to back it up), , some of the people in the past in this area looked down on us for being from LA there is still a little of that but things have changed a lot since then, but I think he has always looked disliked on us for no reason.

Another time he hit on Terri in Starbucks by our house but he didn't recognize her (she would get super dressed up for work and she was hot, but was a dress down gal on the weekend) she told him you don't recognize me do you, she said when he realized who she was he became mad and mumbling obscenities under his breath...so I pretty much hate the guy (in my new and improved coolness I try to forgive but...) and if he killed my cat I am headed for prison because I will lose it completely... :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:56 am 

My advice, even if you have not asked for it, is don't go talk to him and just ignore the poor sod, if he is guilty let his consciousness (or lack of thereof) take care of him. Karma is a bitch.

We had a missing dear female cat we rescued and later took to my in-laws' place and she went missing. She was found dead along a marsupial "skunk" and we suspect both were poisoned, back in 2010.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:57 pm 

I have Winston Parker listed on several on line sites and created a poster and canvased part of the neighborhood and made two discoveries; some people know Winston and have given him different names such as Snowball and Fluffy (sweat mother of god can't these people be more creative) and 4 different people warned me that there is someone down the street catching and killing or releasing (out in the country) cats. According to two neighbors the ass wipe I mentioned earlier no-longer does it because he got in trouble, but rather there is a new person who is ding it now.

This is my worse fear and I just can't get past the feeling he meet some evil that has taken him away, Minnie can barely eat and is carrying around a miniature cat toy she found in Izzy's room, yesterday evening Minnie was smelling Winston's cat bed and making a mournful sound, this definitely sucks...
:cry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:28 am 

Made a substantial effort over the weekend going door to door and putting up posters in key locations (there is a Park a couple blocks from my house), one of the key neighbors I need to talk to (they lost a couple of cats, they have several) was never home when I went by their house, but I would like to speak to them.

Even though I still hold out hope, in reality it ls not looking good and the fact that there is a Cat killer in close proximity has me ready to act,,,my Sister as much as she dislikes the idea of a sociopath animal killer being allowed to go about their business, is recommending I let go in order not to get drawn into something that could become a legal issue for me...
:(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:46 am 

Very sorry to hear about all this. I'm not sure that I would take the advice of your sister. I had a similar situation with a free roaming dog when I was in my early 20s. I lived in the country and the dog was allowed to wander and would often go visit the neighbors without any issues. The neighbors had kids near my age and we would often have keg parties in the fields around our houses. My dog would usually end up at said parties. After one particularly large party the dog did not come home after as he usually did. Several days passed and I decided to take action, I went to nearly every person that was at the party that I could find and asked if they had seen or heard anything. I could tell by the reactions of a handful of individuals that they knew more than they were letting on. Long story short I pursued this consistently, making sure the suspicious individuals were made very uncomfortable about the situation. The dog came back 30 days later, almost to the day, extremely clean and just a little skinny. Showed up out of nowhere. My point being is that I feel my pursuit of this lead to his return home, and that inaction rarely leads to a better outcome. It's a lot harder to get in legal trouble than people think, you have every right to confront the cat killing POS in your neighborhood. After all, whats the worst that can happen?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:27 pm 

Well its is official over a week since I last saw Winston, I am holding out hope one day he walks through the door demanding his favorite food, but I need to move on...Minnie is really taking it hard, her besty is gone, I'm working her through it... :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9766 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 387, 388, 389, 390, 391  Next