Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:53 am 

lapsed maps wrote:

^^^^^ Exactly ^^^^^

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:21 am 

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything until well after summer is over. I Just hope I can get into a state park before the end of the season.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:18 am 

Could Drive-In Concerts Be In Our Future?
Posted by Robert Pasbani on May 1, 2020 at 1:05 pm

https://metalinjection.net/news/could-drive-in-concerts-be-in-our-future

Has anybody else been having dreams about going to concerts? I've had multiple dreams about this in the last two weeks. I would assume most metalheads are really itching to go to a show right now, but, based on our surveying and some other polling, most of you do not feel like it's safe to do so until there is a vaccine, or some similar safety solution. But there could be a solution on the horizon.

With health experts saying large gatherings like concerts would likely be a part of the last wave of pulling back on social distancing, and that such a time is about a year to eighteen months away, some solutions need to be realized. Some drive-in movie theaters that have been abandoned are starting to open back up. Could something similar happen with concerts?

Danish singer-songwriter Mads Langer pulled off quite a feat, staging a concert with only six days notice. It sold five hundred tickets.

Fans were able to drive into the venue and tune their car radios to a short-range FM radio station, just like at a drive-in movie. Uniquely, the concert utilized Zoom to offer a direct visual connection in the cars. Instead of applauding, fans honked their horns in between songs.

It's certainly not the most ideal solution, but it's a thought? I'm wondering what the limitations would be of actually blasting the music through a PA in a scenario like this. ...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:14 am 

^^^^^ Yes indeed! ^^^^^

Just Announced

STEVE HACKETT

RESCHEDULED SHOWS FOR 2021!

on Friday 21st of May, 2021 in the hell hole that is Auckland City

I'll be there.....if I'm alive 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2779 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112