Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plook on Tour
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:39 am 

Vacation here we come!...I will keep ya all posted as I can...The vehical is loaded and we're hitting the road.... :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:14 pm 

Where ya goin’?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:51 pm 

We're in Monterey Bay right now having dinner at Buba Gumps, I know strictly commercial but the setting and view is nice....we cruised by the theater where DZ is playing and you definitely need to come with us... :idea:

A couple of days here and off to Morro Bay for even more Nautical Fun... :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:38 pm 

Have a great time! I’ve eaten at Gump’s before. I’ll have to pass on the DZ doubleheader. I’ll be a retiree on a fixed income by then. :mrgreen: I already have $300.00 invested in the one show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 pm 

Enjoy yourselves!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:35 am 

We jammed 3 days worth of stuff into one day yesterday, didn't get back to the room until 8:30...did a Light House, 17 Mile Drive, looked at houses multi million dollar ones, ate Lebanese for lunch and it was awesome (considering a return visit before leaving), did Cannery Row and some shopping, went and watched the sunset near Pebble Beach, and hit a London Pub before returning to the room where we watched the Flight of the Concords special on HBO and laughed are ass's off... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:16 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:06 am 

Another jam packed day got coffee and headed to the Warf, packed, drove to Big Sur, went to the deli in Big Sur and got a sandwich found awesome look out had a picnic...made a few stops along the route like Lucia and Ragged Point, made it to Morro Bay checked in and unpacked,, we got a good room with a view (actually spectacular), headed to the Embarcadero, then up to Hearst Castle watched the movie about Hearst (it would have made more than one Forum member flip out) then did the night tour...there was a lite fog on the hill which is highly unusual in fact even the tour guides mentioned it more than once, it added an effect to the experience that was in a word "enchanting"...I have pictures... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:40 am 

Got up early yesterday headed to Morro Bay Rock with Cup of coffee the surf was up and saw some good rides did some shell hunting as people set up for some big event...went back to the room got ready for the day, RG and I went to Frankie & Lola's for breakfast, there food is amazing. We dinked around the embarcadero like tourist checking art stores, surf shops, and gift stores, headed back to the Rock and there were hundreds of people surfing it was crazy, it was a mixture of wounded warriors, save the beach, and amazing surf adventures for inner city youth, I surprised no one got hurt...then headed up to the market and got sandwiches and stuff made a picnic lunch and headed to Montero De Oro state beach park for a picnic on the beach it is a beautiful place, skipping rocks (great spot for that) and got our feet wet in the ocean...headed back got dressed in our best duds and made a reservation for a window seat at Dorns, they have been there for decades and have pictures of the rich, powerful, and famous from the 50's to present on the walls, did a sunset dinner and stayed and chatted for a couple hours it was really nice... :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:48 am 

Next year for vacation, I urge you to make a mix-cd of all your favorite bands or recording artist who were born within a 100 mile radius of you. Might be kinda interesting. Hmm, perhaps that could be a thread all it's own. Show of hands, anybody?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:47 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
Next year for vacation, I urge you to make a mix-cd of all your favorite bands or recording artist who were born within a 100 mile radius of you. Might be kinda interesting. Hmm, perhaps that could be a thread all it's own. Show of hands, anybody?

I was born in a socially retarded area of Northern California. Very few relevant musical artists were born within 100 miles of my hometown. I think Tesla might be the most commercially successful.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:01 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:

I was born in a socially retarded area of Northern California. Very few relevant musical artists were born within 100 miles of my hometown. I think Tesla might be the most commercially successful.

:shock: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:37 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:

:shock: :wink:

I probably shouldn't say socially retarded. I live in a less populous part of the state (much of it rural) which I prefer. Sacramento is the biggest city within 100 miles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:23 pm 

socially special needs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:53 pm 

lapsed maps wrote:
socially special needs

I stole the line from FZ's Warning/Guarantee sticker. I think it's ok if you're talking about a geographic area and the people contained within. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:39 am 

No I'm not staying ho.e looked in my house on vacation when I am working from there year around...but thanks for thinking about me... :smoke:

Monday we got coffee and hit to the Rock early then got gussied up and skedaddled back to Hearst Castle for a behind the scenes tour which was totally awesome, the weather was perfect so we wandered the grounds for about an hour...drove up the coast about 5 miles to see the Elephant Seals which were hanging out, on the way back saw a heard of Hearst Ranch Zebras so we stopped for pictures. Then we headed into Cambria got some lunch and went to Moonstone Beach for a picnic ended up hanging out there for some time...drove over to the Pine Crest Gardens where very unusual plants have been growing for decades new owners added a restuarant and are not properly keeping the garden verry upsetting...headed back down to Morro Bay and did stuff in town and had a nice dinner at the Hafbrau restaurant.... :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:04 pm 

Plook wrote:
No I'm not staying ho.e looked in my house on vacation when I am working from there year around...but thanks for thinking about me... :smoke:

You trusted a ho to check out your house while yo were away??? (and not even ho "a", but a ho 5th in line!)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:54 am 

Holy crap that was a mess... :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:30 pm 

Tuesday we stayed in Morro Bay and went golfing at Morro Bay Golf Course a super difficult course to play due to the Gravity Hill effect, greens are borderline impossible to read...what appears uphill is often downhill, what appears downhill is often uphill, the wind off the ocean makes many holes play extremely long, but the views are truly spectacular...I didn't break 90 and that's all I got to say about that... :evil:

We drove home yesterday played some FZ for RG and she liked the Overnight sensation album (she was chuckling along), she really like Big Audio Dynamite The Globe and Megatop Phoenix also, and we listened to Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars in its entirety and she was surprised by the Concept Album aspect which she was unaware of and she had never heard Pinups which we also listened too... 8)

Today back to work... :P ...I feel like selling everything and moving to the beach... :idea:

Note: except the Turkish Lamp... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:45 pm 

What kind of music would RG listen to if left to her own devices?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:23 am 

hymnnnnn I wonder.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:33 pm 

Pictures coming soon!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:06 am 

KUIII wrote:

Plook wrote:
Pictures coming soon!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:24 am 

KUIII wrote:

This is a multi layer answer...I know she likes Country music something about living in the sticks makes one listen to more than one normally would... :idea:

I usually do a lot of 70's when she's around and amazingly she seems to know the words to almost every song... :o

Driving home she liked Big Audio Dynamit the Globe album so much she ordered it on Amazon... :shock:

I have been exposing her to a lot of Alt Nation she gets a kick out of that, also some classic stuff she found interesting like Robin Trower, TR, XTC...and under played stuff by ELO, ELP, BOC, Grand Funk, and others... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:40 am 

It's Hump Day which means Jellyfish Honey Badger Wrestling tonight!!!... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370  Next