Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gun Control?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:04 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
. . . earlier today, Trump proposed a bump stock ban. But of course, NO ONE here is praising him for that... :roll:
Why should he receive praise for taking nearly 5 months to begrudgingly do the right thing?

Steve Benson

Ignore List: jaypfunk/ChestPainsProds (a snowflake)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:14 am 

On the day of the Florida shooting, The Guardian's crowdfunding for a continuous series of articles on gun issues, BreakTheCycle, had reached some 70K, still short of their 100K goal. Today they have over 140K.

Post subject: Gun Reform
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:45 am 

Pat Bagley

‘I am not a crisis actor’: Florida teens fire back at right-wing conspiracy theorists

Welcome, Parkland shooting survivors, to the ugly world of politics in 2018.

In the aftermath of last week’s school shooting in Parkland, Fla., some of the most powerful testimonies have come from the teenagers who survived the rampage. They have repeatedly detailed their harrowing experience to national news networks, many calling for stricter gun control laws while decrying President Trump for not doing enough to protect students. Others have wept with grief while telling their stories again and again.

The students have become a mobilizing force unlike any seen after previous mass shootings, planning marches and rallies in Florida and Washington — all while mourning the friends they’ve so recently lost.

They have also become a target of right-wing smears and innuendo.

Some prominent figures in the right-wing media are suggesting that the students are making it all up, or that the children are paid actors or that their talking points have been manufactured by public relations experts on the left.

An aide to a Florida legislator was even fired Tuesday after claiming two survivors who spoke to CNN were not students, but instead “actors that travel to various crisis when they happen.”

While these claims have no basis, they spread quickly in conservative circles on social media and among popular right-wing commentators.

The students proved quite capable of defending themselves Tuesday.

“I am not a crisis actor. I’m somebody that had to witness this and live through this and I continue to have to do that,” 17-year-old Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School senior David Hogg told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “The fact that some of the students at Stoneman Douglas high school … are showing more maturity and political action than many of our elected officials is a testament to how disgusting and broken our political system is right now in America. But we’re trying to fix that.”

more here :arrow: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/02/21/i-am-not-a-crisis-actor-florida-teens-fire-back-at-right-wing-conspiracy-theorists/?utm_term=.89d454938c0a

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:16 pm 

There he spews again....

Ted Nugent criticized for promoting idea that Florida shooting survivors are actors
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/201 ... _prom.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 am 

Adam Zyglis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:31 am 

It's gig night.
Do you know where your hologram is?

!!!Coming so soon you'll wish it was sooner!!! Trump, Fz, Pedro, Mij, Discoboy, Spacebrother, Mr Nice, Eddie and Caputh in
HOLOGRAM DUTY ACT 2

With Very Special Guests:
Dionne Warwick
Peter Dinklage
Scott T
Arthur B
and
Steve V

***preview***

[backstage at a music venue in Baltimore, MD, USA]

Discoboy: After a survey costing the taxpayers only $450,288.99 we have determined that the wisest investment at the moment is dog food. There is a major trend right now with food stamp recipients buying dog food in order to more cheaply feed their families.

Dionne Warwick: In America, no less than any other country, people exist to serve the state. An American president once said "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". He wasn't kidding.

Peter Dinklage (to Mij): What did you do before you got into the hologram business?

Mij: Tree spiking.

***Available this Friday on the Zforum!!!***

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:02 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
. . . earlier today, Trump proposed a bump stock ban. But of course, NO ONE here is praising him for that... :roll:
Why should he receive praise for taking nearly 5 months to begrudgingly do the right thing?

Do you even follow politics? Because this is something Obama NEVER accomplished, not to mention the fact that Obama NEVER took part in White House listening sessions about this issue, like Trump just did... :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:13 pm 

Steve Sack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:27 am 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:54 am 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:

Particularly since introducing a bump stock ban before the Florida shootings would have had absolutely no effect on the number of victims, as the shooter wasn't using a weapon with a bump stock, the NRA agrees with a ban on bump stock and it's only a memorandum suggesting legislation.

As to the question of Obama not inviting people to the White House, he did something else instead. He visited the people where the attacks had actually taken place. And he didn't need a list with prompts like "I hear you", either.

After Orlando

In Chicago

And then he let them some hold speeches in front of the White House as well (Sandy Hook)...

Certainly not enough done about this topic under Obama - Trump, however, appears to be actively encouraging more people with more guns.

Last edited by Caputh on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:18 pm 

Prediction...the rise of NARA: The National Assault Rifle Association.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:21 pm 

So let's recap:

3 security personnel arrived at the school while the shooting was taking place and did NOTHING to stop the 19 year old shooter. And the FBI went to this kid's residence 39 TIMES over the past few years to investigate complaints against him and his behaviour, but did NOTHING to stop him.

So how the FUCK is this the NRA's fault?! :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:21 pm 

I smell borscht, Komrad Josh. :roll:

Ignore List: jaypfunk/ChestPainsProds (a snowflake)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:38 pm 

Remember the BAR...The Browning Automatic Rifle? Originally, a hundred years ago, this was for military use only. Then the police decided that they could use it in their arsenal against criminals some of which also got a hold of them. The rest of the public was restricted from ownership of this high powered gun. One of the strongest of it's time. The public didn't feel cheated that they couldn't have their own automatic rifle, and their were no marches in the streets with people foaming at the mouth saying "Their gonna take yer guns away, Their gonna take yer guns away :!:" Restricting high powered anything from everyday people is common sense. President Don wants to arm some teachers because it is cheaper and short-term & the path of least resistance to his handlers, the NRA.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:18 pm 

Ed Wexler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:48 pm 

How many political cartoons will it take to save the world?

Politics is the problem not the solution.

If you want less violence in the world stop deceiving people, and stop ripping people off.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:32 pm 

Hopefully, this fuckhead will be fired shortly...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:45 am 

Milton Bradley wrote:
Remember the BAR...The Browning Automatic Rifle? Originally, a hundred years ago, this was for military use only. Then the police decided that they could use it in their arsenal against criminals some of which also got a hold of them. The rest of the public was restricted from ownership of this high powered gun. One of the strongest of it's time. The public didn't feel cheated that they couldn't have their own automatic rifle, and their were no marches in the streets with people foaming at the mouth saying "Their gonna take yer guns away, Their gonna take yer guns away :!:" Restricting high powered anything from everyday people is common sense. President Don wants to arm some teachers because it is cheaper and short-term & the path of least resistance to his handlers, the NRA.

automatics have been outlawed since 1934, the gun you show is a .308 , made popular by Bonnie& Clyde, still available as a bolt or semi. great caliber. Nothing wrong with the public having High caliber. As for arming teachers, that idea from what i read would be optional to what ever teacher want's to participate, hardening of schools seems a reasonable solution for immediate success . Armed sentinels at the school door, and only one entrance would seem effective. Most court houses have this, why shouldn't school's? Life as we know it changed after 911, security for the public is needed, like at the airport, shopping mall. I am skeptical of politicians, hollywood actors , celebrities and such lecturing me that I do not need to have a fire arm to protect myself ,while they have armed guards and personal security, as well as living in gated walled mansions.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:32 am 

Interestingly enough, Scott Israel was only elected with the massive support of Roger Stone, a long time activist for Donald Trump and an associate of Paul Manafort . Apparently Stone has a tattoo of Richard Nixon on his back.
https://www.local10.com/news/politics/w ... oger-stone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:23 am 

Typical right wing nutjobbery....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:52 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
I smell borscht, Komrad Josh. :roll:

Commie Boy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:24 pm 

I believe in the right to bear arms. I don't necessarily believe in the right to bear arsenals.

And I tend to wonder who the fuck needs to have military grade assault weapons? Are the deer, geese and paper targets really that formidable?

Or are we that scared of our government, who can outdo anything we might have anyway no matter what the firepower we have in our gun racks?

Bottom line, sadly. I think it's all about money which appears to be of more importance than children's lives or people in general.

I want to be wrong but it's not looking good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:59 pm 

These people stock pile these guns because the TV & Radio they listen to tell them that they will need to fight the Government and will need these weapons for this soon to come battle...period... :!:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:20 pm 

Plook wrote:
These people stock pile these guns because the TV & Radio they listen to tell them that they will need to fight the Government and will need these weapons for this soon to come battle...period... :!:
A child's brain is like a lump of dough just waiting to be molded. The human brain is a hard drive. Whatever input it receives is what it becomes. The news media has a lot to answer for but they will never answer for it. They've corrupted many weak minds and in the long run, after we're all dead and gone, they will be recognized as the antagonists they have always been. They terrorize people. Constant negative input straight to your brain via devices you paid for. 24/7.

They say people can turn it off. Sure, we're all well adjusted yups. And you can tell a 20 year old who was introduced to crack at age 10 that they can just stop smoking it if they don't like it. The damage has been done. Our brains have been shattered with way-too-fucking-much input. Yet the Zappa forum has "fans" copying and pasting garbage from the media on to this board everyday. Errand boys with no shame.

At this point folks should consider themselves very fortunate if they don't need guns. And very privileged.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:45 pm 

Actually I live in an area where they are currently planning to succeed from California and create a new state called the State of Jefferson, these people are heavily armed and I don't need the news to tell me anything...I get it straight from the horses mouth, I drink with these people, I eat with these people, I shop with these people...I am around these people every day and they are thoroughly convinced they eventually in the not to distant future will have to engage in armed combat with the Government and they are,appropriately arming for it, you can take that to the bank.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next