Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:35 am 

and we'll put up hte money now for a release slated for Oct 2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:11 am 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=wishList;num=1032941326;start=15#26 date=02/16/04 at 10:37:14]<br>Why not? My $40 bill was had by the ZFT on March 19, 02 and I rec'd. FZ/OZ on August 23, '02. Who gives a fuck? If GZ & the ZFT are going to be slow and guarantee your right to cancel why find no big fault with THE MAJORS who charge $18.00 for pieces of shit that fall apart in your hands within days? Everyone just seems to "take what they're given" at the retail outlets with those pricks.<br><br>--Bat[/quote]<br><br>Amen! I'll gladly pay whatever they ask and wait as long as is necessary for some new FZ. Lest we forget that Barfko Swill is a tiny operation with a relatively small (albeit built-in and rabid) fan base. Instead of complaining about the prices and such, we should all be offering whatever support we can. Be it paying well in advance of new releases or whatever else. What about fan support for BS? I'd gladly volunteer some of my time to distribute flyers and such for new releases and events.<br><br>At the same time, it wouldn't hurt for BS and the ZFT to have a bit more of a marketing strategy. I'm signed up and half the time I haven't gotten Email alerting me to the fact that there's a new release. I just constantly have to check this site. But what do I know? I don't work there. I'm just happy that new stuff is being released.<br><br>And the prices are improving! $12 for Joe's Corsage. Yeah, it's only 35 minutes but what the fuck? 35 minutes of Zappa is worth hours of, well, just about anyone else! Hotcha!<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:38 pm 
Zappa Family Trust
Zappa Family Trust

To MustWeRock, I like your altitude.  Please see me in my office.<br><br>gz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:55 pm 

Hey Gail, thanks for making it to the Forum! Come back and post anytime! ;D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:00 pm 

Oh yeah, one other thing, gz, I could'nt find a photo credit for the front pic for Joe's Corsage....do you know who did it? I know you're pretty handy with a lense  (Zappa in New York cover, for one), so was it you? It just seems like Mr. Z's a little more playful on the cover  :) .....anyway, it's a very nice photo, loving my copy, great fun!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:21 am 

I like the comment by mustwerock about fan support. We have a small army all over the world that could spread the good word of Zappa with little effort. The way I see it we could initiate the demise of two birds with one rock by implementing a two fold campaign. While possibly posting thought provoking quotes by our hero as a public service announcement we could awaken interest in the most important composer of our time. We could start with the FZ quote on stupidity, I think this is way overdue. Just look at the fools we have elected to make our decisions. And on the subject of voting, this one's a natural.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:19 pm 

[quote author=dove_grey link=board=wishList;num=1032941326;start=15#29 date=06/17/04 at 00:55:13]Hey Gail, thanks for making it to the Forum! Come back and post anytime! ;D[/quote]<br><br>Yeah! It would be cool if you could drop in from time to<br>time with updates on what's going on, or just post more frequently. <br> ;D

Post subject: Zappa Sculpture
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:41 am 

Hello,<br><br>The following links will take you on a semi-magical journey to a Frank Zappa Sculptural Tribute. The focus of the work is to eventually "erect" a bronze memorial to the inspirational composer in the Grand Ol' USA and any other country who would like one. <br>So far funding has been provided by the artist, donations from fans with the purchasing of Zappa Portraits available on the site. If the cost is a little high don't be discouraged. The artist is currently creating a couple smaller ones.<br>http://www.keropiansculpture.com/FZappMem.html or http://www.keropiansculpture.com/fzappa.html<br><br>CIAO!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:13 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=wishList;num=1032941326;start=30#32 date=06/17/04 at 07:55:18]<br>Oh yeah, she took this one, too:<br><br>Image[/quote]<br><br>I've always loved that one! A nice simple photo that actually captures a lot of Frank's "Frank-ness." It used to make me dream about having my own studio where I could do whatever I wanted. Now that I'm about to finally put it together in my house, I really ought to frame that and hang it in there.<br><br>Just what I need, MORE walls with Zappa hanging on them. ::) ;D <br>I'm already dangerously close to being mocked by an Elvis fan that I used to mock for all of the hero stuff that he had in his house. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:21 am 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=wishList;num=1032941326;start=30#40 date=06/21/04 at 11:13:38]<br><br>I've always loved that one! A nice simple photo that actually captures a lot of Frank's "Frank-ness." It used to make me dream about having my own studio where I could do whatever I wanted. Now that I'm about to finally put it together in my house, I really ought to frame that and hang it in there.<br><br>Just what I need, MORE walls with Zappa hanging on them. ::) ;D <br>I'm already dangerously close to being mocked by an Elvis fan that I used to mock for all of the hero stuff that he had in his house. ;)[/quote]<br>elvis memorabilia is tack though  ::)

Solipsism Facebook
Solipsism Spotify

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:38 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=wishList;num=1032941326;start=30#41 date=06/21/04 at 11:21:16]<br>elvis memorabilia is tack though  ::)[/quote]<br>Ah, true.<br><br>He actually has a series of Elvises (black leather Elvis, Las Vegas Elvis, etc.) where you pull off their heads and pour bourbon out of them.  ;D ;D ;D <br>Image<br>I gave him some shit over those. Then he told me how much $ one particular one was worth to other Elvi collectors. :o <br><br>Still, my place is starting to get that Frank Zappa shrine look...but so far no "Frank on black velvet" paintings. ;D<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:41 pm 

Okay, here goes nothing.  I am by no means computer literate and I have no idea what I am doing.  I am pushing 40 and have been a Zappaholic ever since Juinior High school.  I've been trying to figure out how to get a message posted on the FAQ page.  I'm not sure how this forum thing works, so I hope some kind soul will direct me in the correct direction.  I was wondering if there were any plans to bring back THE DUB ROOM SPECIAL onto VHS or DVD.  I also remember seeing a snippet somewhere of a live performance of "Dummy Up" from Roxy.  Is this ever going to be released?  Also full versions of "The Indiscreet Picture Show" also known as A Token Of His Extreme (some of which is featured on "DUB ROOM").  Also the infamous Halloween concert MTV broadcast.  I know that audio versions are available (DVD-A?).  Anyhoo. I would like some advise on how I can get answers to these questions.  Can anyone give me information on Ray White and Ike Willis.  I think I heard somewhere that one of them died a while back.  Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:23 pm 

Hello Balloon Bob,<br><br>I'm kinda new to the forum thing myself so I'm not quite sure how to ask questions on the FAQ. I'm assuming it's the same process as the rest of the Forum.<br>As for Dub Room Special. The Zappa site is selling VHS version. I don't know if the FZT has any plans on recording it on DVD.<br><br>It seems to me from reading the many replies on the forum and guest list, that everybody has been waiting for the Roxy stuff. I think you saw a trailer on one of the new DVD's that came out.<br><br>The Halloween DVD-Audio features (just the music, no picture of the Halloween event) and a seperate video on the DVD of Denny Walley singing Suicide Chump with Zappa cranking his SG. I think it also has the trailer above. Available from the Zappa Site.<br><br>Both Ray and Ike are alive. Ike is doing solo stuff and comes out to play with Project/Object once a year. Ray was playing with another band and I am not sure where he is at this point. Zappa's Mother died, though I don't think she was ever really in the band. I'm over forty and proud of it!<br><br>If you like Frank Zappa check out the following web pages: http://www.keropiansculpture.com/fzappa.html <br>http://www.keropiansculpture.com/FZappMem.html<br><br>Ciao!<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:14 pm 

[quote author=balloonbob link=board=wishList;num=1032941326;start=30#44 date=06/22/04 at 21:41:36]...direct me in the correct direction...<br><br>...Anyhoo. ...<br><br><br>... information on Ray White and Ike Willis.  I think I heard somewhere that one of them died a while back...[/quote]<br>correct direction is north, trudging across de tundra right down here; this is as good a [sup]g[/sup]spot as any to eat those questions or gail@zappa.com might help ya out [report back immediately]...she's been known to drop in here, & she's starting to throw us a few bones these days<br><br><br>saw ike & ray about 3 weeks ago[sub]Image[/sub]ike/ray alive & well<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:16 am 

Dear Spookyboots and slime.oofytv.set,<br><br>Thanks for the info!  I wasn't aware that Dub had been made available again.<br><br>And WHEW on Ray and Ike.  I don't know where I had heard that someone had died.  I think I heard that some member of some lineup had died of a drug overdose but that could have merely been republican propaganda a la Joe's Garage "This is what happens if you choose a career in ....... MUSIC"<br><br>Its so nice to converse with people like this.  I knew few people who even know who FZ is let alone full blown gonzo Zappaholics like myself.<br><br>Thanks again<br>Drop me a line sometime.<br>Love and peace,<br>Bob