Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:08 pm 

ZFT,<br><br>     I'm sure there are many like me who have all the official releases and will buy whatever is put out. I will. Hell, I even re-bought Francesco Zappa on cd after already having the vinyl. See?<br>     I would be willing to participate in a subscription plan or whatever is devised.<br>     But what about the fans who have no web access? I would not like to be the one to find out about new releases after they are gone. There has to be some sort of media push, no matter how small. <br>     As far as my votes for first issues - Hot Rats/ Grand and Petite Wazoos, CWRATJ and more and everything and everything else.<br><br>Bob<br>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:37 pm 

<br>[quote author=Dr.Including link=board=wishList&num=1032941326&start=0#1 date=09/25/02 at 04:39:43]<br><br><br>Right, me too.<br><br>But more of this threads and you will get charged double the price from the ZFT...I'm already feel like a milked cow (maybe this was the meaning of the LÄTHER-album cover anyway...)<br><br>Don't forget that we Europeans have to pay a lot of postage and even duty tax added to the horrible prices already...<br> :P<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>I live in THE NETHERLANDS and i have to pay 49,50 DOLLARS for the FZ:OZ ALBUM.....<br>I HAVE ordered it, but i hope that all future releases will be released IN SHOPS WORLDWIDE for a smaller amount of cash...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 7:10 am 

Right! The CDs should be made more available. Myself, I'm more comfortable usually purchasing from stores, though I'll do either. Internet is more limiting...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:14 pm 

Gee, I've shopped online for CDs tons, and I still do. At this point I do enjoy getting CDs at stores more because I generally don't like using my computer, UNLESS the CDs are rare, oop, or I'm getting a damn good deal on them, which I do somewhat often. If you're talking about Barfko Swill, I think the prices are just far too high.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 5:40 pm 

On Halloween back in 1981 (i think it was '81 anyway - but i could be wrong), when I was in the Navy and living in Kansas City, I recall hearing something about Frank's New York Halloween concert being broadcast that evening - and it was being simulcast on MTV.  I remember setting up my casette tape machine and FM receiver that night, carefully preparing for that concert.  I remember taping it, listening to it, and quickly turning the tape over when it ran out on one side.  For about fifteen years from that night, I must have played that tape a zillion times - what a wonderful set of music!  I practically ruined that tape listening to it so much, and I eventually lost it.<br><br>In observing all the new activities going on with Vaulternative, etc. - I'd like to take this opportunity to offer up a suggestion to ZFT, for what it's worth, that this particular concert be considered as a candidate for a CD release on the Vaulternative label.<br><br>Thanks for this opportunity to express my opinion, and I wish you many happy releases!<br><br>By the way, I am currently enjoying the Austrailia concert CD. I feel fortunate that I got my order in early. Good job.  Keep it up.<br><br>Your biggest fan in the midwest.<br>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:17 am 

Yes we did buy and we will do so ever...<br>I paid 50 Euros for FZ:OZ, too. And hearing there will be many more Gigs released, I am happy but also afraid do cannot afford it. <br>With OZ we got a good CD, not outstanding. The packging is cheasy!!! Why this? EIHN and FZ plays FZ were absolutely great at that! I just don´t know what has happened ??? What has changed since CP III, Läther and Lost Episodes? They had regular prices every music fan can afford. <br>The charigng of Barfko-Swill is too high!!! What`s the deal? I don`t get whats behind Gails answers in the FAQs. "stores have to order the CD", rightm okay, deal. But they won`t order it for 30 Dollars each. <br><br>desperate,<br>Zliq

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:50 am 

MOTHERMANIA!!  PLEASE!!  And with an English translation of whatever the fuck the back cover says. ???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:57 am 

I am still holding out hope that the ZFT is not driven by pure greed.  I hope that they have a reasonable profit margin in order to make the whole thing work.  Certainly FZ music deserves better quality in every respect than a super-DIY low budget label can afford to provide, but if they want to start making money they need to RELEASE THE PRODUCT!!!  AAAAAIIIGGHH!!!!<br>There, I feel better now.  Sorry to blow up like that  :'(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:53 pm 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=wishList&num=1032941326&start=15#17 date=10/14/02 at 20:47:57]<br>I still get my sizable nose out of joint whenever I hear people moaning about the money this stuff costs. The prices are not so much higher than normal CD prices that they pose a financial challenge to most people. If a single or double CD release cost $100 U.S., that would be a different story (although I'd still probably pay it). This is as good as music gets, folks. We're paying for quality!!!!!!!1111<br>[/quote]<br>If this is as good as it gets, then I'm getting out!  I've been collecting live recordings for thirty years and I still feel that I've been had by the Zappas with this OZ thing.  The performance by Zappa sound strained and weak.  That fumbling solo intro on Filthy Habits, for example.  That kind of shit don't bother me.  What bothers me is what we are really paying for.  Well, I ain't buying it.  This ain't fine art, like a rare Rez album  ::) were just trying to cath a buzz here, folks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:30 pm 

I would think that with all of these messages in this forum, the ZFT would realize that we are here now with our money in our fists ready to buy whatever they release. We all know that there's so much material that's just sitting there itching to be seen and heard. C'mon already.....before I'm forced to spend my money on unauthorized releases.....then that's just more $$ that doesn't go to the ZFT. It's that simple.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:28 am 

I personally think MOTHERMANIA would be a great release...<br>And why isn't there anything NEW on ryko anymore?<br><br>I can't order over the internet (if I could, I'd own all the URMK releases), and I'm kinda stuck for material..<br><br>