Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ZAPPED
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:12 pm 

Unfortunately due to legal crap we'll probably never see that one on stage anymore but remember that back in the days when Zappa had his own label he had acts like the GTO's, Wild Man, Alice Cooper and Beefheart playing on tour. If they played together and with Frank than wouldn't it be cool to hear these bands (Frank's picks) play with Frank or with Frank as Master of Ceremonies? <br>His own stuff should be released first but since it is a wish list I'll just throw this idea out to you all. C'mon these are the guy's the Captain referred to as freaks! A Wild Man concert? who could imagine..............

Post subject: Re: ZAPPED
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:00 pm 

yeah I highly recommend that interview, it is definitely a hope raiser, I mean she even seemed positive about "An Evening with Wild Man Fischer" <br><br> :o<br><br>but my question is how far did Zappa go to record the stars of the "Bizarre Label" Galaxy, concerts? duo shows? that and the outtakes for the Alice "Cookies"  :-* would be worth a fortune!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:25 pm 

[quote author=Son_of_SomeKCheese link=board=wishList;num=1038352329;start=0#2 date=11/29/02 at 23:00:11]yeah I highly recommend that interview, it is definitely a hope raiser, I mean she even seemed positive about "An Evening with Wild Man Fischer" <br><br> :o<br><br>but my question is how far did Zappa go to record the stars of the "Bizarre Label" Galaxy, concerts? duo shows? that and the outtakes for the Alice "Cookies"  :-* would be worth a fortune![/quote]<br>Alice "Cookies"?  What the hell is that?<br>Doesn't Herb Cohen own most of the masters of this stuff?    He re-did the first issues of the GTOs...so,I just assumed,hmmmm.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:54 pm 

Alice Cookies was what Frank wanted Alice Cooper to call themselves  ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:00 pm 

<br>Hey all-<br>(first post-yeah!)<br><br>I'm lucky enough to have two versions of the fore-mentioned 'Zapped'.<br><br>If anyone of ya would like a cd copy I guess I could shmooze one of my buddies with a cd burner and make some of you out there a happy Zappa head.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:56 pm 

[quote author=Hot_Rat link=board=wishList;num=1038352329;start=0#6 date=01/05/03 at 19:00:12]<br>Hey all-<br>(first post-yeah!)<br><br>I'm lucky enough to have two versions of the fore-mentioned 'Zapped'.<br><br>If anyone of ya would like a cd copy I guess I could shmooze one of my buddies with a cd burner and make some of you out there a happy Zappa head.<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Now that's naughty - don't you know "You Can't Do That On Discs Anymore"<br> ;)<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:57 am 

:) ;)  Yeah, I have 2 versions with the 2 different front covers.  Just two of my many pride and joys in my FZ collection.<br><br><br><br><br>[quote author=Hot_Rat link=board=wishList;num=1038352329;start=0#6 date=01/05/03 at 19:00:12]<br>Hey all-<br>(first post-yeah!)<br><br>I'm lucky enough to have two versions of the fore-mentioned 'Zapped'.<br><br>If anyone of ya would like a cd copy I guess I could shmooze one of my buddies with a cd burner and make some of you out there a happy Zappa head.<br><br>[/quote]<br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:17 am 
Banned

Sebastiaan wrote:
It's possible ZFT will release the GTO's album again. Gail talks about it in the radio interview (you can listen to on this site).

Cool. That's a good album.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:17 pm 

[quote author=Papagajas link=board=wishList;num=1038352329;start=0#8 date=02/13/03 at 21:11:49]<br><br>Yes it is.. and here comes my life's biggest mistake:<br>I SOLD MY COPY!!<br>Please hurt me!!!<br>[/quote]<br><br>*cringes* Yikes man.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:58 am 

I've run across both versions of Zapped on eBay and for far less than $100.  Record stores have a lot of wishful thinking sometimes.