Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Zappa on DVD!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:34 am 

Hey Petulant,<br>Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same problems I am as a non USA credit card holder. If it's any help you can get FZ:OZ from www.gandsmusic.com UK£35 including postage to the Antipodies I believe.<br>I have no idea what the UK/AUS exchange rate is so I don't know if this is a good or bad deal but at least they will accept your credit card :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:35 am 

Oh yeah, and try www.gemm.com for the back catalogue stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:29 pm 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
:P  You've all got me drooling over the thought of DVD's.  Shoot, I'm blue in the face asking about video releases.  One thing's for sure, I'm waiting with baited breath.  <br>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:56 am 

I think Zappa would have embraced DVDs if he was still alive. He would surely have produced a lot of stuff for this medium. Hopefully we'll see some of the old stuff appear on DVD soon.

--------------------------

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:59 am 

My buddy called pumpkin or somethin to ask about the whereabouts of his OZ and after getting the answer he was looking for he asked about DVDs. Buddy on the other end was pretty accomodating and told him we would see Baby Snakes this year and Roxy early next. Of course this is all heresay.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:30 am 

Anybody else see this on ebay?<br><br><br>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1568721021

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:38 am 

Yeah, it's even worse, there are DVD copies of 200 Motels, Dub Room Special etc. all over ebay. The ZFT better get some legal DVD's out soon.<br>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:47 am 

I TOTALLY agree with this....<br>Although the idea of all those upcoming Vaulternative live albums is really nice and i am really looking forward to those releases as well, the one thing i REALLY would love to see is DVD's or video's....<br>Since i am only 19 years old, i never got to see the man perform live unfortunately, so the only change for me to see an FZ concert in all it's glory is by seeing it on DVD or video.<br>While we're on the subject, does anybody in here know of all those great future DVD and video-releases (and c.d. ones as well, for that matter...) will be released in The Netherlands and for an normal price perhaps....???<br><br>I have ordered the new FZ:OZ album, but i am not going to use (somebody else's) creditcards anymore and most definitely: i am not going to pay that amount of money anymore....<br><br>Don't get me wrong: it's really cool to see the Zappa Family are working on all of those future releases and for that:respect....<br>But it seems only the USA (or creditcard-owning) fans can get they're hands on those releases.<br>What i would love to see is this: all feauture releases being released worldwide IN SHOPS.<br><br>Does anybody know of The Zappa Family is going to do this?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:51 am 

I have a nice video of FZ'z history taped from the TV. It's great. Includes an interview with Frank shortly before he died. :'( Probably many of you already have this but, I thought I'd mention it anyway.  ;D<br>Surely many DVDs are just round the corner. They would sell bundles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:21 am 

speaking of dvd-releases: There should also be a dvd of the Thomas Nordegg 1982 recordings. Most of this tour was filmed, so there is lots of excellent material.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:09 pm 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
I guess that is a common place here:<br>We All Want Zappa DVDs So BAD...<br>If Crappy companies in Brazil are able to transfer old shows to DVD resonably well, why wouldn't TZFT???<br>ARF...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:12 pm 

Yeah, I'm glad that I didn't buy a Laserdisc player when the ZFT announced that they would release them all in that format "real soon now".   ;D<br><br>[shadow=yellow,left,300]"Patience, young Jedi..."[/shadow]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:58 pm 

i agree, i agree, i agree!<br>its clear, we want dvd!<br>come on! give us!<br> my congratulation to the new site too<br>very good, keep it greasy!<br><br>yellow shark DVD<br>life would be much more sweet<br>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:18 pm 

[quote author=Sister Ob dewlla B link=board=wishList;num=1029813066;start=30#38 date=10/29/02 at 06:21:36]speaking of dvd-releases: There should also be a dvd of the Thomas Nordegg 1982 recordings. Most of this tour was filmed, so there is lots of excellent material. [/quote]<br><br>Nothing is impossible... considering the Al Malkin tapes are on the release schedule (according to the faq).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:32 am 

So I heard from a friend who went to the film premiere at the Castro in SF last week that a Baby Snakes DVD was announced! I didn't hear about features or a timetable, but I can't wait!  :P<br><br>Anyone know anything else?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:24 pm 

DVD!!!! Please, please, please!!! I'm afraid to watch my VHS due to the fact that they are dancing on the precarious edge of distinction! I'm afraid one more viewing and whamo!! gone...<br><br>here, here to:<br><br>Baby Snakes<br>Dub Room<br>Video From Hell<br>Does Humor Belong In Music?<br>Uncle Meat<br>200 Motels<br>The Torture Never Stops...<br><br>you get the picture...please, just put 'em out!!!  ;D

Post subject: >:(Re: Zappa on DVD!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:39 am 

I e-mailed vaultmiester Joe recently re: releases on DVD - he said maybe next year. In the meantime, all he could recommend was e-bay.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:23 am 

2003? That was... that was a year ago. Riiight, so... strange...<br><br>How did such an old thread be here? At the top?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:58 am 

OK some great things have come out...but what about the long-promised Roxy DVD?