Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: To study FZ genes...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:01 am 

My wish is, in the not very distant future, to study Mr Frank Zappa's genes. It might be of great usefulness to the human species ( and I am not a eugenist or nazi or anything, ok?).<br><br>To understand what are the genetic baisis of a "Phenotype" (The Actual living you) suchs as FZ's is definetively good to study genes involved in great cognitive capacity of a person such as Franks Zappa.<br><br>Of course any person is a great deal determined or influenced by his/her environemental/developmental conditions. Things I am talking about here are not a straight line! Don't wanna discuss replies here about Brave new worlds/nazzi stuff here... <br><br>But what is important is to find what are the genetics conditions (polymorphisms) that predisposes someone to such a prolific ouvre and with such degree of deepness/perfection.<br><br>Frank Zappa was a above average capacity human being, in my humble opinion of such uncertain and controverse matters such as genetic determinism.<br><br>BUT  I am Mr Green Genes, so lets talk about it:<br><br>Now signing as MSc Green Genes, future Dr Green Genes<br><br>ARF

Post subject: Re: To study FZ genes...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:47 am 

wouldn't that be mr green genes Msc rather than msc green genes?

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:23 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=wishList;num=1063548065;start=0#2 date=09/20/03 at 03:47:21]wouldn't that be mr green genes Msc rather than msc green genes?[/quote]<br><br><br>Yeah, sure...<br><br>but it woudn't sound so nice ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:29 am 

no but it would sound more valid and authorative

Solipsism Facebook
Juno Records Vinyl

Post subject: re: to study FZ genes...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:34 pm 

[font=courier]...the huge advances in genetic research have produced quite a few genes in need of naming.... [/font]<br><br><br>there is actually a gene named after frank.... [font=arial black]ZapA (Proteus mirabilis)[sub]Image[/sub][/font]<br><br>[font=courier]ZapA, Bob told me, is "part of a family of genes called ZapA thru ZapE (kind of hard to push Gails, Dweezils, Moonunits and the like past the scientific peer review)" [/font]<br><br>[font=courier]"We especially thank the late Frank Zappa for inspiration and assistance with genetic nomenclature."[/font]<br><br>[font=cg times]I should add that it also says, in the Discussion section of the paper that "ZapA mutants . . . are presently being constructed" - a hitherto undisclosed secret project which can only bring delight at the prospect of Zappa Mutants multiplying rapidly and swamping the control rooms of the world's recording studios. Thanks, Bob!  [/font]<br><br>[center]Image[/center]