Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:31 am 

Here goes nothing..<br><br>This is the songtext done by a computerspeech program on one of Franks albums.<br>I have been looking for it for a few years now and just the other day I thougt, hey maybee I can find something on the internet.<br>Now, can somebody please tell the title of the song and on what album I can find it.<br><br>It's a computer that is telling a story about his troubles with his girlfriend and so on.<br>And a synth bass is playing along.<br>Anyone?<br><br>Frank Schaap<br>the netherlands<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:02 am 

One thing I love about this song is when near the end the trumpet quotes few notes of "the stars spangled banner"on the verses that say USA...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:07 pm 

wooop tleee aa weee oo eeee oo ee oo ee.<br>wooop tleee aa weee oo eeee oo ee oo ee<br>  ( this is like the chorus, and a synthbass is playing along)<br><br>The speechprogram on the computer is saying stuf like: Take me to the movies and buy me a ....<br><br>And later on in the song you here a person say, pretending to be female, a mother : Ohh I am so glad to have a son like this.<br>He is so young, and yet so wise.<br><br>But today I am going to listen to some records.<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:56 pm 

I realy thought that there was some one here who knows every thing about Zappa <br>Maybe I have to put the audio file on my site.<br>I 'll let ya'll know so ya'll can let me know . :-[<br><br>frank

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:34 pm 

<br>Harry-As-A-Boy: <br><br>He's so young, and yet, SO WISE! <br><br>Crab-Grass Baby: <br><br>I pooped my pants, pooped my pants, pooped my pants! I went doody, faaather, sob-sob-sob-sob-sob. <br><br>Harry-As-A-Boy: <br><br>His vocabulary is astonishing! <br><br>Crab-Grass Baby: <br><br>So what if you suck a little cock every once in a while? <br><br>Harry-As-A-Boy: <br><br>Ohhh . . . I'm so lucky to have a son like this . . . <br><br>Crab-Grass Baby: <br><br>Barf me out . . . gag me with a Volvo! <br><br>Harry-As-A-Boy: <br><br>I can't wait to show him to all the fellas down at the MINE-SHAFT! <br><br>Crab-Grass Baby: <br><br>Take me to the movies. Buy me a balloon. Stroke me pompadour! <br><br>Harry-As-A-Boy: <br><br>Look! Look! Look at the pecker on him, wouldja! Goodjy-goodjy-goodjy-goo! Hoo hoo hoo!<br><br>Crab Grass Baby    ..Thingfish(1984)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:03 am 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br><br>Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:06 am 

Thanks Stride, <br>now I can go to the record shop and get the album, cause I remeber the text now.<br><br>I've been looking for Thing Fish, but in groningen, Holland it's a expensive album. But gee I got to have it.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:05 am 

[quote author=F_schaap link=board=wishList;num=1065447092;start=0#9 date=10/08/03 at 03:06:47]Thanks Stride, <br>now I can go to the record shop and get the album, cause I remeber the text now.<br><br>I've been looking for Thing Fish, but in groningen, Holland it's a expensive album. But gee I got to have it.<br>[/quote]<br>i lucked out when i bought t-f.  i happened to find it in the used cd section of this hip little record store in providence, r.i..  check out the used man!  then you can show all the fellows, down at the mine shaft.   ;)<br><br>p.s. this post is 555 for me.  coincidence?  it wouldnt have any meaning on any other forum now would it?!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:32 pm 

WELL I GUESS THIS TOPIC IS OVER THEN HüH!<br><br>THEN I'D BETTER OFF GOING ON THE BUS.<br>SEAT 43

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:24 am 

[quote author=F_schaap link=board=wishList;num=1065447092;start=0#11 date=10/09/03 at 00:32:04]<br>THEN I'D BETTER OFF GOING ON THE BUS.<br>SEAT 43[/quote]<br>.....oh, you were the girl stuck on......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:26 pm 

surprised it took so long for the right answer, and at the wrong answers. One small detail; that is not someone pretending to be a female, that is 'boy soprano' Bob Harris, in his regular voice, albeit acting the proud EXCITED father (hence a touch higher), (to a baby spawned of 'de rubbah bitch' - <br>De daddy were neglijimous<br>De mama were deflatable<br>De trauma to de infumt<br>Be mos'ly not negatable...<br>the lyrics are all right there on the boxtop<br>the basis for the CrabGrass Baby's song derives from Motorhead's soliloquy in Lumpy Gravy. His bemoaning tha fact of his girlfriend and her friends boozing it up and ripping the seats out of his new Olds is referred to  in the next song The White Boy Troubles (which includes the exclamation 'Mattie Told Mattie', along with 'Tell Me What'd I Say' and 'With A Red Dress On' among the soul music cliches) <br>"The White Boy Trubbles<br>O what a boiden<br>His car's fucked up   (_to the IV chord_) <br>She ripped out de 'polst'ry<br>O' de Ozomobile"<br>>the vocal arrangement is not to be believed.<br>(FZ, Brock, White Willis, Mars)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:37 pm 

Like to nominate.... F_shaapp's ,<br>for the 1st 'singin ' thread...<br><br>             wooop tleee aa weee oo eeee oo ee?<br> <br><br>Wipp-diddly-a-daa-weee-yooyooyooyoo... <br>Would you go all the way? <br>Would you go all the way? <br>Would you go all the way? <br>Would you go all the way? <br><br>wooop tleee aa weee oo eeee oo ee oo ee. <br>wooop tleee aa weee oo eeee oo ee oo ee <br><br>Hmmmmm<br><br>Harry-As-A-Boy:  <br> <br>He's so young, and yet, SO WISE! <br><br>De daddy were neglijimous <br>De mama were deflatable <br>De trauma to de infumt <br><br>Wipp-diddly-a-daa-weee-yooyooyooyoo...<br><br>..<br>Repeat ..if need be..<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:23 am 

I did it all out of my head, as I thought it suposed to be song.<br>A voice in my head kept on singin' it like daz.<br>But tonight I am going to pick up the cd, cause I know where it lays in Groningen city.<br><br><br>ta ta 4 now

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:09 am 

[quote author=F_schaap link=board=wishList;num=1065447092;start=0#4 date=10/07/03 at 00:07:21]wooop tleee aa weee oo eeee oo ee oo ee.<br>wooop tleee aa weee oo eeee oo ee oo ee<br>  ( this is like the chorus, and a synthbass is playing along)<br><br>The speechprogram on the computer is saying stuf like: Take me to the movies and buy me a ....<br><br>And later on in the song you here a person say, pretending to be female, a mother : Ohh I am so glad to have a son like this.<br>He is so young, and yet so wise.<br><br>But today I am going to listen to some records.<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>That's the Crab-Grass Baby allright...<br><br>That's song 3 from disc 2 from Thing-Fish.<br><br>I think it's one of FZ's greatest songs ever !!!<br>