Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: JOE'S GARAGE...Animated?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:52 pm 

From the first time I heard JOE'S GARAGE I thought it would have been a cool movie. I kinda think of it as Frank's TOMMY in a way. Perhaps this story is a bit dated, but I'd love to see Matt Groening animate the whole story. Then JOE'S GARAGE ACTS I,II & III could be released as a special DVD.<br><br>Maybe I'm crazy....Mon....

somehow...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:44 am 

Sure thing, I'll take one copy of each... let me know how much for shipping & handling.... do you accept VISA?<br><br> ;D

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:08 pm 

Now that would be something for the books! What a fantastic idea!!<br>Imagine if you could get Groening, Crumb or Bakshi on that one! You could even get away with the real life animation on the Lord of the Rings cartoon on the Catholic Girls and the T-Shirt Scenes! Oh the possibilities...............<br>I wonder if someone could work in "Return of the Son of the Monster Magnet" as an intermission?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:12 pm 

If Joe's Garage were to become some kind of video it should definitely be done really cheesily... like those lame cartoons they used to have where the muppet babies told you how to say no to heroin.  But, y'know... a COOL kind of cheesy.<br><br>-Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:57 am 

::)[quote author=Packard_Goose link=board=wishList&num=1030089123&start=0#6 date=08/24/02 at 19:08:46]<br>Actually, a friend of mine and myself were thinking of tackling this project, and Thing-Fish as well, and just animating the whole thing, and using the sound from the CD.  We'd have to do it using FLASH animation, because it's a lot harder to animate "for real"...<br>[/quote]<br>Yep - sounds about right to me -& Flash is a great piece of software to use - I know this is slightly of tract - But if anyone reading this(my first post... :o ) & don't understand what you can do with it - try having a look at http://www.johnmclaughlin.com - You will love it -Have a go -<br>xxxxxxx<br>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 4:21 am 

Yes, a nice idea...<br>Matt Groening could finance it and the Simpsons team could draw/make it into a 2 or 3 hour feauture film.<br>Cartoon style of course....<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:57 pm 

NB: "It's sorta like a really cheap kind of high school play, like it would have been done 20 years ago..." "It's also like those lectures local narks used to give where they show 'the pills' leading to 'the weed' leading to 'the needle'..."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:05 pm 

I'm up for that! Now, who wants a nice ride into oblivion?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:30 am 

[quote author=Approximate link=board=wishList;num=1030089123;start=0#0 date=08/22/02 at 23:52:02]From the first time I heard JOE'S GARAGE I thought it would have been a cool movie. I kinda think of it as Frank's TOMMY in a way. Perhaps this story is a bit dated, but I'd love to see Matt Groening animate the whole story. Then JOE'S GARAGE ACTS I,II & III could be released as a special DVD.<br><br>Maybe I'm crazy....Mon....[/quote]<br><br>Matt Groening, huh? You are almost on my wavelength.<br><br> ;D. BUT...don't leave out Klasky/Csupo either! That's another one I've always thought of for JG.<br><br><br>