Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:27 am 

i would kill (or pay top buck) for anything video archival relating to performances by the band during the flo/eddie years and especially the magdelana medly / sequences from the just another band LA  album. was any of it taped live (i.e. film or video?) Frank's searing guitar work on that is some of his best ever IMHO.<br>if you have or know where i can get some video of that pls e me at n7369p@earthlink.net<br><br>thx!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:28 am 
Banned

There's an hour long documentry called VPRO Special from Holland TV that has some cool Flo, Eddie and Jeff Simmons era live on it from 1970. Very cool shit.<br>Here's the info:<br><br>http://www.uoregon.edu/~splat/VPRO.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:45 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=wishList;num=1058203631;start=0#1 date=07/14/03 at 11:28:20]There's an hour long documentry called VPRO Special from Holland TV that has some cool Flo, Eddie and Jeff Simmons era live on it from 1970. Very cool shit.<br>Here's the info:<br><br>http://www.uoregon.edu/~splat/VPRO.html[/quote]<br><br><br>I hope Dutch television will re-run that episode sometime in December this year, since it has then been 10 years since FZ departed...<br><br>Also because i have never seen it...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:49 pm 

;D ;D ;D ;D Hee-hee, Son of--I love the little quote you use next to your ever-strolling kitty.....Just watched that movie last night--Vive La Resistance!!!!  Hey peoples, to whoever has seen it, was part of the footage tacked onto The True Story Of 200 Motels (some family life film) from the video you speak of? Was that a garbled load of words or what?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:15 am 

[quote author=SonOfWillieThePimp link=board=wishList;num=1058203631;start=0#3 date=07/15/03 at 14:38:27]<br>There's a good chance that VPRO might re-run it (IF they think about it...), so the rest can go on with programming stupid crap.[/quote]<br><br>Let's hope they do...<br><br>And also a re-run of Ivo Niehe's TV Show who also had a episode about FZ...<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:44 am 

Yoko is truley the "ScumBag".  John didn't look too pleased either.  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:40 pm 

They mention Edwards Airforce Base in the Zappa A&E bio.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:45 pm 

VPRO2000 or 1971 (different versions )can easily be found on winmx.......<br><br> My version still on I guess....<br><br>  "OO"<br><br>ps: flo/edie stuff can also be foud on;<br>the true story of 200 motels<br>the making of 200motels<br>200 motels<br>