Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:20 pm
Posts: 730
I sure wish these Zappa kids could make-nice and allow Dweezil to release his own versions of Frank's tunes as played by Dweezil and his band.

I missed-out on the FOH CDs,not knowing they were "limited" and I am a bit pissed at myself.

Now if Ahmet can oversee the Hot Rats box....why can't he allow Dweezil to release a recording or DVD of his Hot Rats celebration?


Come On AHMET …..Pu-leeze hear my plea!!! :mrgreen:


Last edited by penguini on Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 44680
Location: >>==> Pōneke, Wellington, Aotearoa, New Zealand.
+1

that's a nice idea.....

_________________
Frank Zappa "Politics is the entertainment branch of the Military-Industrial Complex"



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 39993
Location: Somewhere in time
Yes please... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 9320
Location: Over there! (last)
I haven't tried these mp3 links, but they might work for you.

Dweezil Zappa - F.O.H. :arrow: http://metunes.ru/release-idfebacge/FOH

Dweezil Zappa - F.O.H. III: Out Of Obscurity :arrow: http://metunes.ru/release-idfebabaa/FOH-3-Out-Of-Obscurity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:20 pm
Posts: 730
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
I haven't tried these mp3 links, but they might work for you.

Dweezil Zappa - F.O.H. :arrow: http://metunes.ru/release-idfebacge/FOH

Dweezil Zappa - F.O.H. III: Out Of Obscurity :arrow: http://metunes.ru/release-idfebabaa/FOH-3-Out-Of-Obscurity


Thanks for the "try", but files are down! :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 39993
Location: Somewhere in time
penguini wrote:
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
I haven't tried these mp3 links, but they might work for you.

Dweezil Zappa - F.O.H. :arrow: http://metunes.ru/release-idfebacge/FOH

Dweezil Zappa - F.O.H. III: Out Of Obscurity :arrow: http://metunes.ru/release-idfebabaa/FOH-3-Out-Of-Obscurity


Thanks for the "try", but files are down! :P



Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:20 pm
Posts: 730
Sooooo….I guess it's "deaf ears" to this post?!! :roll: Figures. I was so excited by all the Hot Rats celebrations....I bought the box, but this damned pandemic screwed me out of Dweezil's show. It's too bad these shows might have introduced even more people to "the world of Frank Zappa". Us old fans still crawl this planet's surface,...but you know we are getting older, and fewer as time flows over us. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 244
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Not sure what you mean by 'deaf ears' to your post. You did get replies

If you were expecting Ahmet to authorize a Dweezil release of FZ material based on your request, that's very unlikely to happen.

They've agreed to stop complaining about each other in public but I doubt they're getting along any better these days.

I saw the recent Hot Rats tour, there was not a single ZFT-authorized item on Dweezil's merchandise table.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:20 pm
Posts: 730
I liked the member's replies. But, yeah....I wondered if Dweezil still read here once in a while....or if Ahmet was ever looking on at the crazed fan's posts.

Like I meant ....too much to ask for. Then they yell when bootlegs show up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 21627
Location: LumberTruckWest
penguini wrote:
I sure wish these Zappa kids could make-nice and allow Dweezil to release his own versions of Frank's tunes as played by Dweezil and his band.

I missed-out on the FOH CDs,not knowing they were "limited" and I am a bit pissed at myself.

Now if Ahmet can oversee the Hot Rats box....why can't he allow Dweezil to release a recording or DVD of his Hot Rats celebration?


Come On AHMET …..Pu-leeze hear my plea!!! :mrgreen:


Dweezil has his own shop now. - https://www.dweezilzappa.com/songs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:57 pm
Posts: 3358
Dweezil has done more than anyone to keep Franks legacy going, sad to see it come to this.

_________________
South of the Border


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 am
Posts: 244
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
coevad wrote:
penguini wrote:
I sure wish these Zappa kids could make-nice and allow Dweezil to release his own versions of Frank's tunes as played by Dweezil and his band.

I missed-out on the FOH CDs,not knowing they were "limited" and I am a bit pissed at myself.

Now if Ahmet can oversee the Hot Rats box....why can't he allow Dweezil to release a recording or DVD of his Hot Rats celebration?


Come On AHMET …..Pu-leeze hear my plea!!! :mrgreen:


Dweezil has his own shop now. - https://www.dweezilzappa.com/songs


And the FOH releases (as well as a ton of other great music) are available there, just in case penguini is still looking for them.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group