Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:52 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Sounds like a cool project.

And an extra 1/4 tone fretted (strat) guitar?! I wonder how that'll sound...?

Investigating the wonders of the world are a great reason to be alive. While I have yet to have heard what that particular instrument sounds like, back in the early 70s I was listening to Harry Partch compositions. Notably Harry had invented lots of unique instrumentation that had 43 tone octaves. If you have yet heard his music I would suggest you investigate his works. While the instrumentation he invented was pioneering, I found it intriguing that Harry was far more interested in composition than being noted for the unique instrumentation he had invented.

Dweezil is influenced by many forms of music and unique instrumentation. It is preposterous for anyone to imagine that Dweezil aligns himself to be compared to a guitar god ideology and what instruments or music genre's were created in any period of time. There is no time-frame on having an open mind or using it to create. It's quite clear that some folks here have little to no sense to keep the parachute open. Simply put, Dweezil Zappa is a composer that is currently doing his own project. While this project will have some collaborators, in one particular composition Frank Zappa, it is quite simple to understand that Dweezil is a composer that is now working on some of his own material. It's been a long wait since his last solo project. It is clear that in this new project he'll be working with newly, or more pointedly put, skill sets that he has further developed over the last decade. He'll be composing and performing with a larger landscape of instrumentation and scales used in his previously recorded solo work. The compositional landscape has a broader horizon.

It's quite unfortunate that some folks sit around with nothing better to do than imagine falsehoods and attempt to spread preposterous thoughts. The music will stand on it's own artistic merit. Anyone can use their own eyes and ears and join the ride. In addition Pledge Music is a great way for artists to bring many of the work-in-progress aspects of a project to their audience. Lots of artists out there using Pledge Music. Cheers of Good Will to this project.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:27 pm 

I preordered. With this lineup it's already a good start to a good recording. One day he too could be a big popstar of a man just like Barry Manitoba or Robert Planet...Although I doubt DZ would turn down 800 Million pounds sterling to reform Z and play 35 dates for Sir Richard Branson.

But then on the other hand he might take some floss and swish it around until it sounds like Metal Music/Lou Reed or Two Virgins/John & Yoko, but I trust DZ not to make a throwaway recording.

Plus everyone got their free downloads...right? :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:58 pm 

KAPT.KIIIRK wrote:
I preordered. With this lineup it's already a good start to a good recording. One day he too could be a big popstar of a man just like Barry Manitoba or Robert Planet...Although I doubt DZ would turn down 800 Million pounds sterling to reform Z and play 35 dates for Sir Richard Branson.

But then on the other hand he might take some floss and swish it around until it sounds like Metal Music/Lou Reed or Two Virgins/John & Yoko, but I trust DZ not to make a throwaway recording.

Plus everyone got their free downloads...right? :twisted:

Oh Kiiirky....ya so funny.

And the Zeppelin thing was complete rubbish.
Also Keith Moon, Elvis Presley and Andy Kaufman are still alive and will collectively tour in 2016.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:31 pm 

coevad wrote:
Really, but it was on every main news channel so it must be true. :roll: :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:34 pm 

KAPT.KIIIRK wrote:
coevad wrote:
Really, but it was on every main news channel so it must be true. :roll: :twisted:

Was it the channel that hates the black guy, the channel that loves the black guy, or the channel with all the high tect gizmos???

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:42 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
it is preposterous for anyone to imagine that Dweezil aligns himself to be compared to a guitar god ideology and what instruments or music genre's were created in any period of time. There is no time-frame on having an open mind or using it to create. It's quite clear that some folks here have little to no sense to keep the parachute open.

Why doesn't he just let his guitar do the talking? It's preposterous for any human being to tell another human being that their feelings are preposterous. I'm sick of all this parasitic music and DZ is a main offender. Now that he's finally doing the only thing that's worth doing, creating his own, I feel no reason to suddenly support him. I don't like the way he describes his own music. I don't like gimmicks. As far as I'm concerned, this thing where you can watch him create in the studio is simply gonna be a commercial for gear. This shit is for geeks who actually read the cover articles in their Guitar Center mailer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:06 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
it is preposterous for anyone to imagine that Dweezil aligns himself to be compared to a guitar god ideology and what instruments or music genre's were created in any period of time. There is no time-frame on having an open mind or using it to create. It's quite clear that some folks here have little to no sense to keep the parachute open.

Why doesn't he just let his guitar do the talking? It's preposterous for any human being to tell another human being that their feelings are preposterous. I'm sick of all this parasitic music and DZ is a main offender. Now that he's finally doing the only thing that's worth doing, creating his own, I feel no reason to suddenly support him. I don't like the way he describes his own music. I don't like gimmicks. As far as I'm concerned, this thing where you can watch him create in the studio is simply gonna be a commercial for gear. This shit is for geeks who actually read the cover articles in their Guitar Center mailer.

Dude it's cool, let him do what he wants, if your not interested fine...and Trendy your no better with your indictment of people who are not on board...to each his own and let it be... :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:34 am 

I'll wait for your reviews...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:54 am 

Plook wrote:

Dude it's cool, let him do what he wants, if your not interested fine...and Trendy your no better with your indictment of people who are not on board...to each his own and let it be... :idea:

I concur with anyone's thoughts of a composer doing what they want, but Pheeew, the tides should be turned of who should be burned in the courtyard..

If I might add to my previous commentary. The Pledge Music model is quite refreshing. In comparison to the down trends of artistic feasibility in the music industry.... As I think back to the 80s, bands were spending 150 thousand dollars to make a video to promote an album that cost 150 thousand dollars to make. The far majority of those videos were nothing more than promotional devices that had the shelf life of a carton of milk. Pledge Music offerings are ever so much more about an artistic process that has redeeming artistic value. If Stravinsky could only have had a Pledge Music of his day, a way of letting the world see a part of the composition process. There are all forms of recording artists using Pledge Music. The Audio Documentaries that we have seen released from the Official Zappa catalog is a small window into an artistic development process. What's clear is that artists can now document so much more of the work-in-progress. People can make a bruhaha over the collectibles, those offerings that could be viewed as a fund raiser for projects, but in the current state of the music industry, Pledge Music is a great way to raise funds and share the artistic project development with the world-at-large.

Now as far as my creating some form of indictment. Please let's get real. It's not a matter weather every Zappa fan in the history of time has to be on board, as you say, to each his own and let it be, what's clear is that some members of this forum have a hidden agenda that is far from hidden. They blatantly slander and create falsehoods of Dweezil Zappa's character and business model. This guitar god ideology, to apply that to any guitarist or a composer that happens to play guitar, guitar god ideologies are what is decades old. I would hope electric guitars continue to be around for thousands of generations. Anyone who knows Dweezil understand how humble he is and that he goes about his business and artistic adventures with the utmost level of character. Anyone that wants to bring up the problems with the download catalog from the You Can't Fit On Stage Anymore Tour, where they overtly direct negativity towards a resolution, they obviosly got lost in the scheme of the big picture.

The history of electric guitar dates back to 1931. Gods have been around for thousands of years. Applying the god model to electric guitarists is a waste of time. I've never seen Dweezil Zappa exhibit that character. He is one of many amazing guitarists that is a composer. All the technical sides of playing and sound sculpturing, that is one side of how Dweezil has created and developed sound with a long history of masters. Guitar Master is a far better term than guitar god. But composition goes far beyond the instrument and tones. All should investigate Harry Partch. He invented many instruments and his ideology was about composition not being viewed as a guy that invented weird instruments with a 43 tone scale. Guitar god views are what is preposterous. Look at what a guitarist may be doing on a compositional level. The compositional side of solos and writing songs, that is the amazing growth in Dweezil's development. Long ago Dweezil was layering countless guitar tracks to sound like a guitar orchestra but his compositional development and skill sets have advanced in the last decade since his last solo project.

It's been a long wait for a Dweezil Zappa solo project. Those that want to keep eyes and ears open, that is an option for fans, but those such as the not so hidden agenda, they have already been convicted, hook line and sinker. The not so dynamyte character is a witchfinder general. His aura is of a conqueror worm that is nothing more than a dangerous kitchen item that molded with an ideology that within itself is decades old.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:03 am 

Oy vey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:49 am 

Is this healthy?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:18 am 

Has DZ commented on Trendy over at DZ World lately? I think in the past he has commented on him with the same sort of way the family Z looks at all FZ fans, that we are all crazy people dedicated to FZ. In that light, DZ probably thinks Trendy no different than any other FZ fan. DZ probably doesn't even know that Trendy comes here and posts negatively against FZ fans. I wonder how many blowjobs Trendy has to give DZ before DZ starts to think that Trendy is at least a little different. Who knows, maybe DZ has hired Trendy to be his One Man Flash Mob! :)
I'm also curious as to what DB thinks of Trendy's response to him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:58 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
DZ probably doesn't even know that Trendy comes here and posts negatively against FZ fans.

The way a few of the so called fans communicate here at this site I have to wonder if they are even Frank Zappa fans. Did not Frank Zappa and Dweezil Zappa collaborate on Dragon Master. From my memory Dweezil wrote the music and Frank wrote the lyrics. Would not a Zappa fan show a bit of optimism for a long awaited unreleased Frank Zappa/Dweezil Zappa composition. Would not a Zappa fan put in a little optimism towards the project instead of wielding the mop of negativity towards Dweezil's character.

It's clear that there are a few forum members that just want to spin negativity towards Dweezil. Regardless if anyone has been a fan of his previosu solo efforts, when I look at the state of the music industry, the Pledge Music model and general compositional creativity of Dweezil Zappa is one of the candles that gives a ray of hope.

I try my best to pretty much stay clear of this newsgroup, but on occasion I do step in and take a look and comment on a few of the topics. Pointedly, I don't notice Dweezil Zappa commenting here, and but also, you should worry about what blowjobs you are giving.

There has been some healthy communication on the topic, but I guess it's fair to state that some downer activity got under my skin. It should be clear that there is lots of positive information and comparisons that I made in my dialogue but there are a few comments that I pointedly was turning the tides on Downers misguided views, of not only what composers do with their guitars, and but also, how some need to stick some God ideology behind it.

As I stated. Electric guitars have been around since 1931, I hope the instrument is around for many more generations. Let's hope that the electric guitar not only continues to fit in as a option as a performance instrument, and but also, more pointedly that teh electric guitar continues to evolve as an instrument that is a part of a composers design set.

But one of the good statements that Downer had made was that a composer should get their hands dirty. With this new project Dweezil Zappa is definitely getting his hands dirty. Actually his life experiences brought him to the studio with a set of hands that are of a Guitar Master that is using a composers ideology to make music. He's definitely on duty with this project.

I beleive one well know forum member called this project "EPIC" and the band should definitely tour behind this. That calling bell is very healthy.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:12 am 

More negativity. Awful.
and blowjobs, more of those too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:42 am 

Has DZ commented on Trendy over at DZ World lately? I think in the past he has commented on him with the same sort of way the family Z looks at all FZ fans, that we are all crazy people dedicated to FZ. In that light, DZ probably thinks Trendy no different than any other FZ fan. DZ probably doesn't even know that Trendy comes here and posts negatively against FZ fans. I wonder how many blowjobs Trendy has to give DZ before DZ starts to think that Trendy is at least a little different. Who knows, maybe DZ has hired Trendy to be his One Man Flash Mob! :)

I sure hope DZ won't have to chime in on this. He's a little busy right now.
Let all the ranters rant.

There's a musical doin's a transpiring! :mrgreen: 8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:08 am 

coevad wrote:
I sure hope DZ won't have to chime in on this. He's a little busy right now.
Let all the ranters rant.

There's a musical doin's a transpiring! :mrgreen: 8)

I certainly hope nothing gets in the way of his creative process.
All his reports regarding this project put my mindframe in hebbin'.
I certainly do not need the likes of some forum members spoilng my time.
I'd like to thank you for shedding some positive light on the topic.
I don't see any need to continue dialouge of this topic with this forum.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:23 am 

and still more negativity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:09 pm 

Can't wait to here the new lp, as for how DZ is marketing this, just fine with me ,no one if forcing any one to buy it, unlike obama care , (jib jab), this just shows the advanced, commercial/capitalistic , aspect Dweez is willing to go to market his project.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:40 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
I certainly do not need the likes of some forum members spoilng my time.

In the words of MJ, then Beat It!

Trendmonger wrote:
I don't see any need to continue dialouge of this topic with this forum.

Well lets hope so. But that hasn't been true...ever! :roll:

Alright, who went on DZW and stirred up Trendy? Fess up now! coevad your over there a lot, a little too much for my tastes, so you should have a line on this, that is if you're not the cause. :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:53 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
It's quite unfortunate that some folks sit around with nothing better to do than imagine falsehoods and attempt to spread preposterous thoughts.

So ya think we're the GOP & FOX news too, eh?! :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:17 pm 

KAPT.KIIIRK wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
It's quite unfortunate that some folks sit around with nothing better to do than imagine falsehoods and attempt to spread preposterous thoughts.

What the fuck is wrong with him???... :?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:05 pm 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIIRK wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

What the fuck is wrong with him???... :?

Scroll back to his posts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:52 pm 

I've never even read one of his ultra-verbosity laden posts in its entirety. If I ever did, I'm 100% certain the quality of my life would immediately diminish ten fold...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:13 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:

Yes, it's quite unfortunate indeed.

Frank had a term for people like that. He called them "trendmongers..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:24 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:

I've never even read one of his ultra-verbosity laden posts in its entirety. If I ever did, I'm 100% certain the quality of my life would immediately diminish ten fold...

Ha ha! Thanks DB, I needed that, LMAO! Now we all have something we all agree on...I think. I've never been able to get though one of Gary's long, wannabe sounding like a female Zappa, long winded rattlin' dialogs. I get more out of a TV test pattern and y'all know what I'm talkin' about folks. One of his long winded monologues could put a hungry weazel lookin' for fresh flesh to sleep. Noooo Shiiiit.
BTW: He isn't employed by the Zappa's so whats he doing "correcting or criticizing" us over here for? DZ's giving him enough rope to hang himself if he acts like he's in DZ world over here and reports back. Pope Jim was right about a lot of things over there. For being so damn polite over they're people like Trendy come back here then after here run back and tattle tale post, like some gossip rag kissass punk stringer.
I'm glad Gail doesn't censor this site like Trendy would like. Thanks Gail! FZ was after all a realist and there's always gonna be haters out there. It's how ya handle 'em that counts. Well I'm getting boring to myself. So later Trendyboy. I still love ya even though I criticize you. Can ya dig it? I doubt it. (sleeping pumpkin here)

Ya we all haters over here Gary. As if you'd know anything other than what you want to know.
Confusing isn't it... Not to me or MTF or anyone else...BTW: Nice MTF. :wink: 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next