Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 4461
Location: Over there! (last)
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
I won't enable a new ignore function, I don't need that, I already use my own by selectively ignoring someone's desperate posts...
I've changed my mind.

How do I use this feature?
Click: User Control Panel (upper-right)
Click: Friends & Foes (mid-left)
Click: Manage Foes (mid-left)
Add: New Foes (center)
Submit

Enjoy 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 16519
Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
Thanks. The graphical and other content for certain couple of posters give me frequent negative reactions (as they probably intend), so I will give it a try...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12656
Location: the siege perilous
dr mr_g_g,
first off, i would like to apologize for your recent(?) unfortunate set of circumstances.
i cannot speak for the others, but it was never what i (or dr gireaux) had intended for you.
i know the old saying: "never say never", well... i never subscribed to that policy. and i never will.

secondly, i spent a good portion of my evening yesterday cross-examining the back files.
i must say... i can completely agree this time around. some of these ghosts can really slip through the cracks.

in any event, i will keep it in my best interest to fully guarantee that your

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16334
What did maps say?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12656
Location: the siege perilous
Image
Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.


#nicetry

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16334
Well, here you go, proof you're neither. Thanks for playing.




Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12656
Location: the siege perilous
ok cal, i don't know how to put this.

into words, i guess...


you are right. i am neither.
as you well know, my title goes above and beyond the two jokingly mentioned above.
and no, i am not honking my own horn (is that how you kids say it?) here. or anywhere for that matter.
plain and simple, we both (you and i) know where i stand on this particular proverbial mountain top.
some of the others do as well, but they are too busy cheesing off and head butting walls. fuck them.
i really believe that i am not on your ignore list.
let us not forget who spoke of the Great Disturbance way back when ideas were UNechoed grunts and UNdampened gargles.

i won't say too much... or even enough, considering how things seem to haphazardly take shape under certain dim luminaries here.
but you know how it.

YOU know.




as always,
♏➋

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 16519
Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
Ahah, it works! It works! 8)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12656
Location: the siege perilous
what did mr_green_genes say?

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 4461
Location: Over there! (last)
lapsed maps wrote:
what did mr_green_genes say?
I am not Frank Zappa's father. 8)

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/zappa.asp


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12656
Location: the siege perilous
Image

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16334
lapsed maps wrote:
ok cal, i don't know how to put this.

into words, i guess...


you are right. i am neither.
as you well know, my title goes above and beyond the two jokingly mentioned above.
and no, i am not honking my own horn (is that how you kids say it?) here. or anywhere for that matter.
plain and simple, we both (you and i) know where i stand on this particular proverbial mountain top.
some of the others do as well, but they are too busy cheesing off and head butting walls. fuck them.
i really believe that i am not on your ignore list.
let us not forget who spoke of the Great Disturbance way back when ideas were UNechoed grunts and UNdampened gargles.

i won't say too much... or even enough, considering how things seem to haphazardly take shape under certain dim luminaries here.
but you know how it.

YOU know.




as always,
♏➋


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12656
Location: the siege perilous
ok bub, if that's how we're going to lay the foundation for this thing... conversing via cockamamie memes and/or zany pics...


Image


how's them apples?

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 4763
Them apples is rotten. Put up some life affirming pictures for a change. I don't need even more stuff reminding me of how moronic people can be.

Maps wrote:
FZNH wrote:
The lack of legitimate replies shows me the difference between real FZ scholars and the posers.


So...is someone saying that it's not lame enough to actually consider yourself an FZ scholar (there is only one FZ scholar and it's FZ and he's dead) you should become even lamer and merely pose as an FZ scholar? How sad is it to encounter some fool who actually thinks of himself as an FZ Scholar. Never mind posing as an FZ scholar(!) Does being an FZ scholar take some kind of special skill? Can you imagine being proud of yourself just because you are a fan of something? Can't anyone be a fan? Can't most of us read album credits and drool over tour statistics? Imagine considering yourself a scholar on another human being! Particularly one as unknowable, mysterious and on-a-mission as FZ.

Or is something else going on? I mean, did these guys actually need FZ's music to get laid because otherwise they were completely repugnant? Zappa made them somebody... is that it? Gave 'em an identity? Did Zappa get these geeks laid, Maps? Is that the deal? Man. It's a psychological nightmare. The part that pushes me to the point of logging in and posting is that these people know very little about the music. Scholars. People pay to watch DZ pretend he's a master guitarist when he's simply copying a master guitarist. DZ wants the kind of fans who are naive enough to believe that there is some new secret approach to playing guitar. In 2017! As if L Breau didn't sit in my living room when I was a kid and share his truly new approach, for free, with no pretensions. DZ is like a not-exactly-honest used car salesman. Soon there could be DZ scholars floating around. It's beyond frightening.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6485
Dweezil Zappa is the premier interpreter of Frank Zappa guitar stylings in the early part of the Twenty First century combining acute knowledge of the subject matter with modern techniques further unknown to mudsharks and other intellectuals radiating forth from nerdist conclaves on both sides of the stratosphere and beyond.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 13639
Location: LumberTruckCentral
downer mydnyte wrote:
?
It's a psychological nightmare. The part that pushes me to the point of logging in and posting is that these people know very little about the music. Scholars. People pay to watch DZ pretend he's a master guitarist when he's simply copying a master guitarist. DZ wants the kind of fans who are naive enough to believe that there is some new secret approach to playing guitar. In 2017! As if L Breau didn't sit in my living room when I was a kid and share his truly new approach, for free, with no pretensions. DZ is like a not-exactly-honest used car salesman. Soon there could be DZ scholars floating around. It's beyond frightening.


You need help. Serious help :mrgreen:

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 4763
I once posted a bassline for Coevad to check out. He responded, "I don't like that kind of music". The music was rock and roll.


To the point about "scholars/fans":
I asked John Gilmore about the collectors frenzy for Sun Ra originals in 1994 when he was leading the orchestra. He said, "Peter, that's just elitism" - Peter Dennett.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12656
Location: the siege perilous
downer mydnyte wrote:
Put up some life affirming pictures for a change.

those are life affirming pictures... for me.
it reminds me of the underbelly that i am head, shoulders, and tits above.
call it shaky legs. call it eggshell ego. call it self back patting at someone else's expense.
call it late for supper.
i look at this filth and i feel as pure as the driven snow.
i AM as pure as the driven snow.
and then i exhale-laugh through a smile.

this may sound selfish...
but i don't think i am stepping on any toes that aren't facing the wrong direction and wiggling for attention anyway.


downer mydnyte wrote:
Did Zappa get these geeks laid, Maps? Is that the deal?

i wouldn't doubt it.
then again, i always thought a deal = satisfaction for both sides.

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12656
Location: the siege perilous
coevad wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
?
It's a psychological nightmare. The part that pushes me to the point of logging in and posting is that these people know very little about the music. Scholars. People pay to watch DZ pretend he's a master guitarist when he's simply copying a master guitarist. DZ wants the kind of fans who are naive enough to believe that there is some new secret approach to playing guitar. In 2017! As if L Breau didn't sit in my living room when I was a kid and share his truly new approach, for free, with no pretensions. DZ is like a not-exactly-honest used car salesman. Soon there could be DZ scholars floating around. It's beyond frightening.


You need help. Serious help :mrgreen:

sooo, that's full-on help. not partial.

right?

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 13639
Location: LumberTruckCentral
downer mydnyte wrote:
I once posted a bassline for Coevad to check out. He responded, "I don't like that kind of music". The music was rock and roll.



Yeah. Well that's just, like, my opinion, man.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12656
Location: the siege perilous
but... i thought you were a rocker,
a roller
a right out of controller
a wheeler
a dealer
a wicked woman stealer
a bruiser
a cruiser
a rockin' rollin' man

Image

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16334
skin tight hair
slick back jeans
a teenage car
and v8 dreams

It's been a while...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 6485
I thought he was a problem child. Could somebody please clear this up for me. I suppose he could be both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 16334
KUIII wrote:
I thought he was a problem child. Could somebody please clear this up for me. I suppose he could be both.


Rosie? No.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ignore function....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 12656
Location: the siege perilous
sorry guys, i haven't really been holding up my end of the bargain as far as this thread goes.
the doctor and i have been trouble spotting/reconducting figures like you wouldn't believe.
as far as tish goes, she is almost ready to believe.
a few more minor abrasive nudges in the right direction and all will be better than as good as new.

that "misdirected" light is shaping up to be the warmth we had aspired it to be all along.
also, our grand totals seem to be aligned. well... as far as prayer cubes go (HAHAHEEHA!!!).

never the less, to those who know, thank you for you and yours.
we are keeping it at arms length and cleansing above and beyond.



,
ℳ➋

_________________
el mapian poetry sucks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group