Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: LEGALIZED CANNABIS
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:26 am 

KUIII wrote:
I pretty much gave up pot in the mid ‘80’s when I was about 25. It used to make me paranoid and I was also just starting a career where drug testing was a possibility. Over time I’d occasionally take a puff or two every few years and that would remind me why I quit in the first place - paranoia. Last year after I got diagnosed with cancer and started chemotherapy I decided to try it again. It’s been very helpful for the nausea that goes along with the chemo and no paranoia now either. They prescribed me pills to fight the nausea but they don’t work. If you or anyone you know finds yourself in the unfortunate situation of having to undergo chemo I wholeheartedly endorse cannabis to improve the quality of life. I have people that will give me backyard pot but I like going to dispensaries and getting the gourmet stuff. I just got back from the coast (Mendocino County in Northern California) and spent $100 for an amount that might last me half a year or more the way I smoke it.

Glad to hear you've found something that helps, and my sympathies for what you're going through with your illness. One of the great things about legalization is that now instead of having to settle for whatever may be presented to you, you have a choice! Much of the paranoia effects that many experience is do to the certain effects of a particular strain. Cannabis is so diverse that there are multiple choices for different kinds of effects, one cannabis experience my not be even close to the other. Indicas tend to lean toward a more sleepy calming effect, while sativas tend to be more stimulating and uplifting, and CBD has very little psychoactive effect at all. Even within this there are many other factors that come into play for effect. I'm not sure if you know about RSO, but if you are interested in consuming cannabis rather than smoking it IMO there is no better way to go. Some claim that this stuff is nothing short of a miracle and was even developed to help treat cancer. Stay strong sir!
More Info HERE:
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-rick-simpson-oil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:49 am 

Thanks. I got an indica, a sativa, and a hybrid and use them according to what time of day I feel like partaking.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:18 am 

KUIII wrote:
Thanks. I got an indica, a sativa, and a hybrid and use them according to what time of day I feel like partaking.
Although, I don't have cancer, that's my regimen, too. Sativa in the morning, hybrid during the afternoon, and indica at night. 8)

Jack Herer crystallite (sativa)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:42 am 

Our government has confirmed there will be a referendum on personal cannabis use and euthanasia at our upcoming 2020 general election.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:05 am 

Ahhh... 1st world countries...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:05 am 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:39 am 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:33 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:09 pm 

OFFICIAL BLUES BROTHERS JOINTS!
https://www.belushisfarm.com/product-page/the-blues-brothers-25-mini-packs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5