Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:04 am 

Ever so glad that this new documentary film will be coming out on DVD. Certainly would have paid to go see it on the big screen but sadly I can't find anywhere here in Brisbane Australia that is playing the film. (Boo hoo hoo hooo. He weeps and he peeps through the local papers.... Uh honey honey HEY!!! Don't you wanna Eat That Question too?).

I'm hoping the actual piece will be in the film as Eat That Question from 'The Grand Wazoo' is one of my all time favourite Frank Zappa pieces of music.

So back to the topic at hand the release announcement declares 'Soon on DVD and HD streaming.....'. Please tell me there will also be a 1080p BLURAY release like what ZFT did for the splendid and highly appreciated 'ROXY - The Movie'???

Sure I'll grab a DVD but it seems silly to prevent those of us who like our media the old fashioned way(in a medium that they can keep and not worry about it being lost due to magnetic erasure, hard drive failure, memory stick melt downs etc), from being able to get a HD version of the film when Bluray is not that much more than DVD these days and many fans will already have Bluray players for sure.

Please consider BLURAY HD release and I for one look forward to reading an update on that in the not too distant future.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:20 am 

Spaceresearcher wrote:
Ever so glad that this new documentary film will be coming out on DVD. Certainly would have paid to go see it on the big screen but sadly I can't find anywhere here in Brisbane Australia that is playing the film. (Boo hoo hoo hooo. He weeps and he peeps through the local papers.... Uh honey honey HEY!!! Don't you wanna Eat That Question too?).

I'm hoping the actual piece will be in the film as Eat That Question from 'The Grand Wazoo' is one of my all time favourite Frank Zappa pieces of music.

So back to the topic at hand the release announcement declares 'Soon on DVD and HD streaming.....'. Please tell me there will also be a 1080p BLURAY release like what ZFT did for the splendid and highly appreciated 'ROXY - The Movie'???

Sure I'll grab a DVD but it seems silly to prevent those of us who like our media the old fashioned way(in a medium that they can keep and not worry about it being lost due to magnetic erasure, hard drive failure, memory stick melt downs etc), from being able to get a HD version of the film when Bluray is not that much more than DVD these days and many fans will already have Bluray players for sure.

Please consider BLURAY HD release and I for one look forward to reading an update on that in the not too distant future.
Cheers.

I agree...unfortunately this is why I'll be going for the HD download, unless a BluRay suddenly appears.