Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:44 pm 

So far I know Brenda just from the cover of the Roxy LP. I mean, I was 15 when I bought the Roxy album and she was best part of the cover. Since I saw her dancing in the Roxy Movie I'm completley nuts. I'm thankful for any informations about her. I would like to send her some flowers.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:16 pm 

Does anybody know who she is? I've never seen a last name. And being a professional harlot Brenda might not have been her first name.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:20 pm 

Carl Franzoni who I believe is the guy onstage dancing at the same time is still alive and has a Facebook page. Find his Facebook page and ask him. He might know.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:59 am 

KUIII wrote:
Carl Franzoni who I believe is the guy onstage dancing at the same time is still alive and has a Facebook page. Find his Facebook page and ask him. He might know.

There you go Fritz. You do know she's probably 60 - 65 years old now, if she's still alive?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:49 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
KUIII wrote:

There you go Fritz. You do know she's probably 60 - 65 years old now, if she's still alive?

Probably older... :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:37 am 

Her name is Brenda Underwood and she is still a good friend of Don Preston.
At least according to Billy James his book about the Early Years of FZ and The Mothers Of Invention.
The book is 14 years old, so i don't know what happened in those years.
I've googled ''Brenda Underwood'' but so far i have not found anything about her.
Maybe Don Preston knows...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:18 pm 

Thanks for your help, guys. I know she's older now :mrgreen: , but I was really impressed, when I saw her in the Roxy film. Just interested in what she's doing nowadays. Yep, Franzoni mentioned her on his fb site.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:32 pm 

Is she related to Ruth???

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:06 pm 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
You mean, Ian? Ruth Underwood (née Komanoff) probably contracted his name along their marriage.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:40 pm 

The world needs more Brendas. It's kind of a hot name but it seems to be out of fashion. Some of these names nowadays don't even sound like names, much less hot names. Not that I'm scouting the playgrounds for hot names. That would be wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:49 am 

feetlightup wrote:
The world needs more Brendas. It's kind of a hot name but it seems to be out of fashion. Some of these names nowadays don't even sound like names, much less hot names. Not that I'm scouting the playgrounds for hot names. That would be wrong.

According to one site I looked at the most popular girl baby name for 2015 is Olivia. Brenda didn't even make the top 100. On the bright side though the second most popular name is Emma. So if you don't mind waiting awhile there should be quite a few Big Leg Emmas waddling around in the next 75 years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:15 am 

KUIII wrote:
feetlightup wrote:

According to one site I looked at the most popular girl baby name for 2015 is Olivia. Brenda didn't even make the top 100. On the bright side though the second most popular name is Emma. So if you don't mind waiting awhile there should be quite a few Big Leg Emmas waddling around in the next 75 years.

Depending on how close to the Power Plant they live... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:21 am 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
So far I know Brenda just from the cover of the Roxy LP. I mean, I was 15 when I bought the Roxy album and she was best part of the cover. Since I saw her dancing in the Roxy Movie I'm completley nuts. I'm thankful for any informations about her. I would like to send her some flowers.

I found and added her on Facebook, she's still alive and well, looking at trying to do a mini interview. any questions anyone would like me to ask?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:47 pm 

mistrijah wrote:
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:

I found and added her on Facebook, she's still alive and well, looking at trying to do a mini interview. any questions anyone would like me to ask?

So, did being a professional harlot at Edwards Air Force Base in 1973 pay well?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:44 am 

Every guys downfall: Hooker with a heart of gold. :D

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:31 pm 

Location: Behind a ultra-avant laminated, simulated replica-mahogany desk
I noticed Fritz is been away for a while?