Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:25 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
I found (on my system) the stereo track had a more solid presence than the 5,1.
Any other opinions?

Same for me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:27 pm 

Just finished watching Roxy The Movie for the 4th time! I just can't stop watching this! This was SO worth the wait! FZ's solos are mind-blowingly excellent - some of the best I've EVER heard (shit, almost everyone's are!). And considering I have almost all 800 circulated live shows, I think that's saying something! :twisted:

You know, I think I spotted a possible 5th camera situated above the stage. Though, they might have used the camera near the back where the mixing desk would've been and placed it high up there? But there are only a few shots from up there during Be-Bop Tango and for some reason, those shots are blurry. Have you guys noticed this too?

Fucking hell, I think I even like most of it better than the performances from the Baby Snakes movie. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:49 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Plook wrote:
I fucked up they are still out of stock on Amazon so I will not be able to get it until I get back from LA in 2 weeks at the earlyist...I should of pre ordered... :P

If you're in LA go to Amoeba and fuckin' buy it!!

Amoeba kicks ass. Wish I had a store like that near me now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:14 am 

Plook wrote:
I fucked up they are still out of stock on Amazon so I will not be able to get it until I get back from LA in 2 weeks at the earlyist...I should of pre ordered... :P

Me too, I bet I will not get it before I can order 200 Motels - The Suites with it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:03 am 
Banned

just plain doug wrote:
I found (on my system) the stereo track had a more solid presence than the 5,1.
Any other opinions?

Cool. I'll be checking out the 2.0 stereo sometime this weekend.

The same can be said for the Baby Snakes 5.1 mix. Something just doesn't sound right about it. I actually like the 2.0 stereo mix better than the 5.1. The 5.1 sounds kinda weird, flat and dull to me (kinda like Jimmie D's skull).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:26 am 

I bet you idiots are listening to the 5.1 audio on a stereo system ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:42 am 

Nice to see you out of retirement (for awhile), Thinman! Good to hear from Feetlightup as well. LOVED the Blu-ray and will be watching it in stereo again just to check it out a couple a times. Well done on all counts, filming, musicianship, and as GZ put it in her liner notes, this is Frank at his geekiest, having a great time onstage! With a bit of acrobatics with Brenda near the end---he seemed to have real affection for her---not just a sexual feeling. Fun seeing FZ fuck up/ forget his own lyrics during the closing credits...this would not have flown with any other band member! I found the easter egg in "And But Also", but am having trouble finding the sun icon in Titles/Next/Back....is it the sunburst effect from the stage lights near the first title? I followed the directions here several times and am having a hell of a time with it. Any help for this next poor sucker would be appreciated. Yes, the movie was well worth the wait! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:42 am 

Thinman wrote:

7.1 system, actually. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:20 am 
Banned

Thinman wrote:

Huh? Do you even know how a modern surround sound receiver works? SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:29 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Plook wrote:

Where in LA I am headed to So Cal next week and will be in Long Beach by Thursday at the latest... :?:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:38 am 

Quote:
I found the easter egg in "And But Also", but am having trouble finding the sun icon in Titles/Next/Back....is it the sunburst effect from the stage lights near the first title? I followed the directions here several times and am having a hell of a time with it. Any help for this next poor sucker would be appreciated.

I did the same thing at first. Just cursor on to the 'Back' icon but don't hit 'enter', which sends you back to the first screen.

Instead just cursor up from 'Back' and the sun icon is there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:08 pm 

ROXY back in stock effective November 9, from Amazon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:37 pm 

Goddammit, my copy was delivered yesterday...SOMEWHERE. Signed for by someone named Marshall. There's no Marshall here. Fucking UPS!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:27 pm 

Just watched it. Probably the best video representation of FZ musically. I'll take Baby Snakes as the penultimate example of FZ art on video though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:20 pm 

There are a variety of opinions being expressed about Amazon. From my own experience they have improved vastly. I order mostly from Amazon US, because it ends being the cheapest. I used to have to wait up to a couple of weeks for deliveries to arrive at my place in Australia, but did't mind so much because the postage was far cheaper than daylight robbers like Music Today, who take ages to deliver on top of the exorbitant postage cost.

Now Amazon uses a new delivery system and it's just as cheap or cheaper and gets here in a few days and you can track the delivery. I ordered Roxy Blue Ray after they ran out and they have already given me an updated delivery date promise for the end of next week. They're okay by me.

Last edited by polydigm on Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:34 pm 

TwentySmallCigars wrote:
Quote:
I found the easter egg in "And But Also", but am having trouble finding the sun icon in Titles/Next/Back....is it the sunburst effect from the stage lights near the first title? I followed the directions here several times and am having a hell of a time with it. Any help for this next poor sucker would be appreciated.

I did the same thing at first. Just cursor on to the 'Back' icon but don't hit 'enter', which sends you back to the first screen.

Instead just cursor up from 'Back' and the sun icon is there.

I know that Roxy isn't the first DVD /bluray/whatever to have Easter eggs but what is the fucking strategy with this. Making a game of customers finding the content? I don't get it and obviously don't appreciate it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:33 am 

Plook wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Plook wrote:

Where in LA I am headed to So Cal next week and will be in Long Beach by Thursday at the latest... :?:

From down down down
(Down down down)
Town town town
(Town town town)
Holly lolly lolly
(Holly lolly lolly)
Woody Woody Pecker Pecker
(Woody Woody Pecker Pecker)
Woo-oo-ooh-ooh-ooh-ah-ooh-ah-ooh-ood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:51 am 

KUIII wrote:
I know that Roxy isn't the first DVD /bluray/whatever to have Easter eggs but what is the fucking strategy with this. Making a game of customers finding the content? I don't get it and obviously don't appreciate it.
Oh come on, it's just a little surprise for fans. It is not supposed to be a strategy to become number one on the music market. Anyway, whatever they do, there will always be someone who do not appreciate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:21 am 

On my DVD-player the so-called easter eggs are just chapters I can choose from the menu. Easy... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:41 am 

Mine arrived today.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:14 pm 

KUIII wrote:

I'm with you completely. It's just bullshit. Put it on the menu. Once one person finds it they tell everyone else anyway. It's dumb. Like the hidden song attached to the last track on a cd, with a 3 minute gap of silence in between. Remember how often that happened in the 90s? It was maybe sort of cool once. Fuck easter eggs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:29 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
KUIII wrote:

I'm with you completely. It's just bullshit. Put it on the menu. Once one person finds it they tell everyone else anyway. It's dumb. Like the hidden song attached to the last track on a cd, with a 3 minute gap of silence in between. Remember how often that happened in the 90s? It was maybe sort of cool once. Fuck easter eggs.

Do you hate the bunny too? I find him kind of creepy. Sorry. That's probably funnier in my mind on these pain pills than it is on the forum. :wink:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:33 pm 

^ Actually, going to buy my copy today!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:51 pm 

I have the Eagle Vision EAGDV050 DVD and the "easter eggs" are in the menu. No problem...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:44 pm 

So the guy dancing during the Bebop Tango is Carl Franzoni, correct? I just looked him up on Facebook and apparently is he still alive and kicking in Santa Rosa, CA.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next