Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: football sucks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:53 am 

LOL ..... thats a funny comic ..... yea football (the american version) sucks bad ...... i like soccer (which in europe is know as football) ..... it's the little things that make the difference

Grand Purveyor of non-sensicle idiosyncronistic universitalities

http://www.thediscordiansociety.com

Post subject: Re: soccer sucks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:30 am 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=75#79 date=08/23/03 at 22:49:49]<br><br>Blah! I remain a stong proponent  of the view that "pee & poo" is an entirely valid, uniquely entertaining and informative topic that addresses a large part of human life and experience.<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Pah!! I too shall remain a vehemently staunch supporter of those grossly underpaid sportsmen who provide an entertaining and life fulfilling part of my measly insignificant existence on our blackhead of a planet. <br> ;)<br>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:07 am 

Image<br><br>A former Aussie soccer captain's book title says it all - Sheilas, Wogs and Poofters  (those who play soccer). You were right, Mungo   ;D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:07 am 

Wogs? 'Kin 'ell yer big dingo-dobber!! Yer can't say that !!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:08 pm 

everything and anything that aint ausralian is " wog " in oz, snakes - <br><br>pomm wogs, yank wogs, cloggie wogs...<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:24 am 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=75#85 date=08/24/03 at 15:59:44]<br><br>Overdue: A lexicon of all (!) English language dialects and sub-dialects. A really good one too that makes it possible for all Brits, Yanks, Canucks and Aussies to have no communications failures of any kind. (e.g., one that gets me out of the position of having to explain to other Yanks things like, "No! Here in New England that doesn't mean the same thing that it does in the southern US or California! -- or even western New England!")<br><br>--Bat[/quote]<br>See new topic created - Foreign Terms Translation Service and ask away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:28 am 

Hey mungo,<br><br>does the score 19-18 mean anything to you?<br><br>Never trust a frog, eh?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:02 am 

Not a bad result against our reserves for them frogs!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:22 am 

Yeah, I guess. I bet Clive was thrilled to bits.    ;D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:23 am 

jimmie_d,<br><br>If you're a 'skins fan, it'll probably be a loooog season for you! Spurrier is Bush League (how ironically appropriate for a team from Washington these days). ;D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:51 am 

i see it bernie - in fact i had been avoiding coming here in anticipation of this moment when id have some explaining to do. ok then - it twas the second team see -so simple and so true. still, not a bad result for a 2nd15 , what? <br>wes shall put things to rights tomorrow when the return match takes place at twickenham - ya givge em a cats chance in hell ? - i dont.<br><br>ill be back after that then.<br><br>mungo<br>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:22 pm 

So.....Uncle, It seems that th I.R.B are going to allow you to sing ''Waltzing Matilda'' in the upcoming World Cup.!<br>Maybe you could give us your take on what this tune is all about?<br>  I've heard a few and am curious is all.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:48 am 

yeah, the 57 old farts have done the dirty. Now that we're allowed to sing, we probably won't bother. But if they told us we can't then we'll scream our bloody lungs out.<br><br>I think we'll need more than an alternative national anthem to help us. I'm tipping England v. NZ for the final and the bloody kiwis to win it. Please God, anyone but England. I couldn't stand Clive's smugness and bagging of the opposition, if they won. He really is a bad winner.<br><br>btw Waltzing Matilda is basically the story of a bloke who steals a sheep while he's camped beside a creek. The cops come and bust him, but he runs away and kills himself. If you camp by that creek, his ghost will come and sing to you.<br><br>Pathetic, isn't it? Still, thats what we like singin' about and the tune is a snappy little number.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:04 am 

It was suggested that there be a number of interpretations of said tune <br><br>   1;  it was th jig you threw at th end of a rope<br>   2;when a swaggy went walkabout, it was his swag ,that became Matilda<br>   3;or ,and the most probable ,when you drag a sheep out to shear,you ''waltz '' it ,..hence the sayin'<br>Waltzin' Matilda<br><br>     Of course this is only true to a bygone age....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:24 am 

Point 2 is considered the general explanation - Matilda being a name given to the swag. Waltzing matilda meant hitting the road (the swag being one's belongings wrapped in cloth and slung over the shoulder).<br>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:46 pm 

YAWN - ENGLAND 45-FRANCE 14 - A MERE STROLL IN THE PARK - another park, another sunday. and its sunday tomorrow - i digress.<br>i remember the days when a 20 point win over any of the ( then ) big 7 was regarded as a severe humiliation.<br><br>i note england now have those all black slick no-grip shirts. not nice i think - gimme cantebury anyday. <br><br>mungo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next