Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 Post subject: Re: football sucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:25 pm 

You know it's a low budget playoff game when one of the announcers is named Booger.

At least they don't have him riding the fucking merry go round any more...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:50 pm 

KUIII wrote:
The Raiders get booed on their way out of Oakland. A pathetic end to a (mostly) pathetic 25 years of football since they moved back from L.A. The fans deserved better.

A little over a third of NFL teams make the playoffs each year, so on the average you would expect each team to make the playoffs at least once every three years.

In the twenty-five years since they returned to Oakland from their lost weekend in LA, the Raiders made the playoffs a total of four times. That works out to less than once every six years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:51 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
You know it's a low budget playoff game when one of the announcers is named Booger.

At least they don't have him riding the fucking merry go round any more...

Booger sucks! Or maybe I should say Booger blows. I don’t know how he got the MNF gig. He’s not as bad as Jason Witten was last year though. Tessatore is not very good either - he overdramatizes EVERYTHING.

Such a contrast when compared to Jim Nantz and Tony Romo in the second game. Those guys are great.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:05 am 

The Battle Of The Birds should be a good game today.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:35 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:55 pm 

KUIII wrote:
...Jim Nantz and Tony Romo in the second game. Those guys are great.

Jim Nantz has always been a great announcer and Tony Romo is a good color guy and generally fair as well as even handed...but he was on the Cheatriots nutz, he must have predicted their inevitable comeback at least a half a dozen times and kept saying dumb as shit like..."maybe it didn't work this time but it is coming..."

It never did because they didn't have the other teams playbook....did anyone noticed they lost 3 of their last 6 games (they should have lost to Buffalo to in week 15 but the referee's made a couple bad call's to give them the win), my theory when they got busted filming signals again they had to stop or risk serious trouble and suddenly they are loosing games and games at home...hmmm I wonder what 1 + 1 equals... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:09 pm 

Wtf is going on with that hat?? he looks like he's getting ready to go shoot a '90s rap video when gets done here. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:56 pm 

I think it is highly unlikely, but one possible landing spot that has been mentioned for Brady if he leaves the Patriots in free agency is the Raiders. What do you think Plook, a good fit? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:15 pm 

Saints Hosed Again
Yes.pushing a guy in the chest to get him out of the way of you catching the ball: that's pass interference.

But it wasn't called, Kyle Rudolph caught the pass in the end zone, and the game - as well as New Orleans' season - was over.

Meanwhile, last year:
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Rams win with Jedi Mind Trick:
"That isn't the pass interference you're looking for..."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:19 pm 

While I didn't have a horse in the race for the Super Bowl, I was leaning towards the 9'ers for some friends but it did feel good to see Andy Reid get his win...but again the officiating was really sketchy and why they were not calling obvious holding on the KC line was outrageous, even Troy Aikman who was in the tank for KC (you could tell because you could see Mahomes nuts in his mouth when he was talking) had to bring it up three times and there was was a take down on the legs on a long third down on the drive that got them with-in 3 points that was huge and another one on the go ahead drive on a long third down... :?

In a side note Ken Starr today while trying to explain that the House cheated to get the Article's of Impeachment through said "...that's why we don't allow inflated football's and filming signal's in football, it's cheating".... :shock:

Also RG won the first quarter and the game final in the Pool at her work... :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28