Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: football sucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:10 pm 

http://forum.zappa.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8979&start=6900#p833802

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:28 am 

Let's Go RAMS!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:15 pm 

coevad wrote:

Let's Go RAMS!

Good job... :!:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:22 pm 

Rams win with Jedi Mind Trick:
"That isn't the pass interference you're looking for..."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:23 pm 

Two great games today. One really bad non-call that should have been pass interference on the Rams but I’m glad the Rams won. I hate that they let the Saints fans blow whistles all game long. Whistles should be banned from NFL stadiums. :idea:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:45 am 

KUIII wrote:
Two great games today. One really bad non-call that should have been pass interference on the Rams but I’m glad the Rams won. I hate that they let the Saints fans blow whistles all game long. Whistles should be banned from NFL stadiums. :idea:

That wasn't a whistle. It's a guy called Leroy "Whistle Monsta" Mitchell.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:15 am 

They won because Goff taped up his helmet holes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:46 am 

The refs in the Chiefs vs Pats game changed the game by overturning calls on the field without clear views (Jon Gruden has complained about them extrapolating from multiple views rather than as the rule states clear and convincing proof) and with bad calls, especially the lined up offsides which was probably the game ending interception for the Chiefs, CBS used some cock eyed angle of the defensive lineman with the inaccurate blue line as proof...often centers slide the ball forward when they get set to hike the ball to make this kind of call possible...I may have to stop watching pro football... :x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:41 am 

:mrgreen: You just have IHateThePatriotsItis :mrgreen:. That guy was WAY offside. Even the guy admitted it. I thought that game was fairly well officiated. The only really bad call was that roughing the passer to Brady.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:09 pm 

KUIII wrote:
:mrgreen: You just have IHateThePatriotsItis :mrgreen:. That guy was WAY offside. Even the guy admitted it. I thought that game was fairly well officiated. The only really bad call was that roughing the passer to Brady.

Oy Vey its like to much Kool Aide and no one can see what is happening anymore, they should just get rid of replay and let the chips fall where they may, the Chiefs had the came secured at least 3 times in the last 8 minutes and the officials changed the game, just the tempo change even if it doesn't seem like a big deal changes the game....I'm boycotting the NFL...not to mention they should have made the Kraft's sell the team and ban Bill Cheatichick from football for life after they got cheating for a minimum of 8 years...No more pro football for me, college is way more fun anyway... :idea:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:16 pm 

Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:

Oy Vey its like to much Kool Aide and no one can see what is happening anymore, they should just get rid of replay and let the chips fall where they may, the Chiefs had the came secured at least 3 times in the last 8 minutes and the officials changed the game, just the tempo change even if it doesn't seem like a big deal changes the game....I'm boycotting the NFL...not to mention they should have made the Kraft's sell the team and ban Bill Cheatichick from football for life after they got cheating for a minimum of 8 years...No more pro football for me, college is way more fun anyway... :idea:

You’re going to regret your boycott when the Raiders go 19-0 next year including a trouncing of the Patriots in the AFC Championship game. :idea:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:20 pm 

KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:
KUIII wrote:

You’re going to regret your boycott when the Raiders go 19-0 next year including a trouncing of the Patriots in the AFC Championship game. :idea:

LOL...They don't even have a city... :shock: ...If the Rams win the Superbowl it may go a long way to restoring my faith... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:05 pm 

Plook wrote:
college is way more fun anyway.

That's what Jerry Sandusky said.

No corruption at the college level, right?

Plook wrote:
they should just get rid of replay
If it wasn't for replay you would not realize, for example, the absurdity of that roughing the passer call that went against the Chiefs.

Plook wrote:
If the Rams win the Superbowl it may go a long way to restoring my faith

Yet the ref's pathetic no-call on a blatant pass interference/helmet to helmet play is the only reason the Rams are going to the superbowl. That was the game right there. I guess it's okay with you because you don't hate The Rams.

Clearly you are ill with "IHateThePatriotsitis".

This should make you feel better about the Chief's loss ...
Pats/Chiefs
1st Downs 36 / 18
Passing 1st downs 20 / 11
Rushing 1st downs 15 / 3
1st downs from penalties 1 / 4
3rd down efficiency 13-19 / 4-9
4th down efficiency 1-2 / 0-0
Total Plays 94 / 47
Total Yards 524 / 290
Passing 348 / 249
Comp-Att 30-46 / 16-31
Yards per pass 7.6 / 7.1
Interceptions thrown 2 / 0
Sacks-Yards Lost 0-0 / 4-46
Rushing 176 / 41
Rushing Attempts 48 / 12
Yards per rush 3.7 / 3.4
Red Zone (Made-Att) 4-5 / 3-3
Penalties 6-61 / 4-28
Turnovers 2 / 0
Fumbles lost 0 / 0
Interceptions thrown 2 / 0
Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0
Possession 43:59 / 20:53

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:28 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Yet the ref's pathetic no-call on a blatant pass interference/helmet to helmet play is the only reason the Rams are going to the superbowl. That was the game right there. I guess it's okay with you because you don't hate The Rams.

I never mentioned that missed call and I am not ok with it...stay in your lane I can drive my own boat... :arrow:

I wouldn't say I hate the Cheatriots but they have never really been made to atone for the Cheating Scandal, that bullshit fine of Belicheat although the highest ever was not even close to what should have happened to that organization, they should have pulled the 3 Superbowl trophies,, banned Belicheat for life, made the Krafts give up the Team, and suspended every player and coach who had knowledge of it for a minimum of a year, the Blacksocks all got banned for life and the Team was disolved over one game...but doing the right thing isn't what the NFL is about look at Colin Kaepernick... :idea:

I am sure the gambling world would have been turned on its ear when everyone wanted their money back (like after that Pacquiao fight), I am sure that was the most important reason for the NFL to sweep that mess under the rug the way they did, between they're loss's and the gambling loss's could have been a head spinner... :idea:

The most outrageous part of it all is many Teams, coaches, and players think that they continued on with the cheating program for at least 3 to 4 more years using fans who traveled with the Team to collect the data, who had been doing some of the tapping all along and whom many people believe were bugging the locker rooms, pathetic heroes they be... :idea:

This is why people will accept people like Cheat-O they have been inoculation from their moral compass by all this acceptable cheating, this line "your not trying if your not cheating" has become the mantra of a lot of the country, doing bad shit is a slippery slop because most criminals say once you do the crime it is easier the next time and eventually there is no boundary...and ignoring it is worse ask the Jews... :idea:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:26 pm 

I'm watching the replay on NFL Network.
The "no call" for the PI on the Rams was a trade for the "no call" facemask on Goff when he tried run in the end zone @ 6:11 in the 4th. That would have been first and goal from the 1. That's the way it goes. Everybody knows. Except downer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:29 pm 

Just win, baby! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:10 am 

Rams defensive game plan for the SB.

Crush! Kill! Destroy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:44 pm 

Plook wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
I never mentioned that missed call and I am not ok with it...stay in your lane I can drive my own boat... :arrow:
Bruce Plante

Walt Handelsman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:45 pm 

Plook... I didn't feel like I drifted out of "my lane". I was careful to say, "I guess you're okay with it." I figured you were not okay with it but then you made that comment about the Rams restoring your faith if they win the superbowl. The Patriots victory on Sunday seemed a bit less tainted by corrupt officiating than the Rams game. I'm not arguing here, I'm just clarifying. I support your boycott even though I'll still be watching the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:44 am 

Clay Jones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:16 am 

Some Saints season ticket holders are going to court to stop the Superbowl until the Rams vs Saints game can be replayed due to the bad call changing the outcome, that would be awesome if a federal Judge forced an injunction on the game... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:38 pm 

It would awesomely suck!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:16 pm 

You know what would be cool? The Saints get an injunction and another game and the Rams beat the shit out of them.

But the Saints won't get anything. Thousands of teams have gotten bad calls. Make PI able to be reviewed and let it go.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:21 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Plook... I didn't feel like I drifted out of "my lane". I was careful to say, "I guess you're okay with it." I figured you were not okay with it but then you made that comment about the Rams restoring your faith if they win the superbowl. The Patriots victory on Sunday seemed a bit less tainted by corrupt officiating than the Rams game. I'm not arguing here, I'm just clarifying. I support your boycott even though I'll still be watching the game.

We are good downer no worries, sorry for my confusion but I am aging... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:05 pm 

Steve Kelley

Mike Luckovich

John Cole

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next