Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: football sucks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:32 pm 

i would describe the traditional french game as more chaotic indisciliplin combined with the odd moment of inspired brillance rarther that the and not so carefully concealed blatent eye gouging and the like that the boks go infor. <br><br>i attribute their tatics to the fact that they didnt get to play internationals for all those years - when they resume they didnt realise that everything was now on t.v. but they still played like it was 1970 with a team on tour in some godforsaken place in the high veldt - outa sight and mind and the eyes of the media - where total traditional boer brutality reined. <br>they just havnt adapted - now they do the deeds and get penalised big time - they aint the most adaptabe of sorts are they ? and yer need to adapt on a game to game basis these days. <br><br>bernie - will ya start up a knitting thread for sparticus please <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:49 pm 

<br> i have never seen anything more boring.<br><br> except baseball.<br>  oh and golf.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:27 pm 

Image<br><br><br>              If u like to see Aussie Rugby player's get a good ol' ribbing>>http://www.planetnz.com/rugbyheads/amazin.com/Amazin.comDVDSearchResultsrugby.html?websearch.field-keywords=rugby&Go.x=10&Go.y=9<br><br>Sorry Unc,...I just couldn't resist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:21 pm 

Image<br><br>there you go stride. now, there is nothing i like to see better than an aussie-wog getting a good ribbing ( nice site btw.) but they did kind of recover a wee bit last week - give em some credit. or am i being over generous. <br><br>and bat - please, no soccer pics here - whoopps - famous last words mung.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:15 pm 

"M'deah, I was told you were quite a dish but now I see you more as a tureen!"<br><br>if there is ever a thread about the best one liners ever posted , bat , i will nominate that as one - i like it.<br><br>mungo

Post subject: Re: soccer sucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:58 am 

[quote author=Dirty_Love link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=45#58 date=08/20/03 at 07:16:16]american football suxxx, only stupid americans are dumb enuf to play that shit game, real football is much more intresting and fun. Thats what I think.[/quote]<br>soccer (sears football) fans have been known to shoot guns at referees, cause riots, destroy vehicles, trash stadiums, and actually block off major highways like the low-intelligence fucking hooligans they are....american fans just drink beer, yell a lot & ogle the cheerleaders; the average run-of-the-mill american thinks soccer is for poofters, the games are low scoring tedious & the players are poncy gits<br><br>[center]Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>[/center]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:25 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=45#59 date=08/20/03 at 12:58:27]<br>soccer (sears football) fans have been known to shoot guns at referees, cause riots, destroy vehicles, trash stadiums, and actually block off major highways like the low-intelligence fucking hooligans they are....american fans just drink beer, yell a lot & ogle the cheerleaders; the average run-of-the-mill american thinks soccer is for poofters, the games are low scoring tedious & the players are poncy gits<br><br>[center]Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>[/center][/quote]<br><br><br>ROTFLMAO   ;D ;D ;D <br><br>"poncy gits" ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:43 pm 

One of me fave footy pics from the past. The one on the left ended up a "hard man" actor (Vinnie Jones) seen "Snatch" or "Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels" anyone or the current Bacardi tv ads. The other one (Gazza to us lot) turned into a wife beating alcoholic. Good old "poofters" eh ?  ;D<br><br>Image<br><br>"Low-intelligence fucking hooligans"?? Don't tar every fucker with the same brush though...... >:(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:07 pm 

much as i abhore and loahthe soccer in any shape or form that above , to me, ranks as one of the all great sporting pics. <br>a shot of a guy kickin, hittin or throwing a ball is one thing - a shot of a guy squeezing a pair of balls is quite another. <br>vinnie is the only soccer player who gets my thumbs up. pass the barcardi.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:26 pm 

I adore soccer and I like rugby.<br>I grew up playing soccer with my friends in my suburb and I had a great time... thanks to my parents I had an happy youth; thanks to soccer I had a great time; thanks to music I'm having an interesting life; thanks to women I have new ideas day by day...<br><br>Talkin' about soccer...I was 8 when Karl-Heinz RUMENIGGE came in in my club (INTER F.C.) and played with my first myth: Alessandro ALTOBELLI...<br>Than came MATTHAUS, BERTI, BERGKAMP, RONALDO, VIERI... and now OBA-OBA MARTINS...<br>INTER F.C. is pretty famous to be an unlucky club but...I love suffering watching at its match...<br><br>ciao

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:27 pm 

And about rugby...<br><br>...Italy is growing up, day by day!<br>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:51 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=45#59 date=08/20/03 at 12:58:27]<br> the average run-of-the-mill american thinks soccer is for poofters, the games are low scoring tedious & the players are poncy gits<br>[/quote]<br>Pretty much what the average Australian thinks also.<br><br>A lot of the soccer clubs here are based around one ethnic background or another, and this regularly blows up into bad crowd behaviour, although not as bad as in England. I once saw a news photo of an English soccer fan with a dart lodged in his forehead between the eyes. What sort of "fan" goes to the football armed with darts to use on the opposing fans?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:21 am 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=60#68 date=08/21/03 at 03:51:23]<br>... What sort of "fan" goes to the football armed with darts to use on the opposing fans?[/quote]<br><br>In Britain that would be the more intelligent among those fans.<br> ;D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:14 am 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=60#68 date=08/21/03 at 03:51:23]<br>I once saw a news photo of an English soccer fan with a dart lodged in his forehead between the eyes. What sort of "fan" goes to the football armed with darts to use on the opposing fans?[/quote]<br><br>Not justifying your argument or anything but that photo is 30 years old.<br><br>As for the other fuckin' stupid statement..............<br>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:36 am 

[quote author=Baby Snakes link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=60#70 date=08/21/03 at 14:14:03]<br><br>Not justifying your argument or anything but that photo is 30 years old.<br><br>[/quote]<br>And things have changed? Surely you jest.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:33 pm 

no. nothing has changed - soccer, american football and the like is for fags - rugby union is the only activity a red blooded male should get involved with. as it was , so shall it ever be.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:20 pm 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=60#71 date=08/21/03 at 14:36:20]<br>And things have changed? Surely you jest.[/quote]<br><br>Well you get searched (occasionally) on the way in now.  ;D<br><br>[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=60#72 date=08/21/03 at 15:29:49]<br><br>"Arguement"? "Justfying"? What in all bloody fucking hell is this crap about and how did it start? You guys are talking right out of your assholes like this BULLSHIT really means something! "Does Humor Belong In The Zappa Forum?" Eat moose phlegm, you fuck nuts! Fuck all! I'm gonna go lodge a complaint with a 6-page local bi-weekly "news paper" about their excessive and offensive coverage of a local knitting tournament held by a truly devious group of Senile Citizen fat ladies to raise funds for a junior Little League they're trying to establish! HaHaHaHaHah!<br><br>--Bat[/quote]<br><br>OK - let's talk about something that really means something then - like "pee & poo". <br><br>Talkin' out me "Asshole"? Fuck nut ? Fuck off.<br>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next