Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: football sucks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:42 am 

Yeoow, hurt me.<br><br>I'm not a fan of the NFL or CFL, but rugby is fun to watch.  Not fun to play.  <br><br>Butch the Wimp.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:52 am 

[quote author=mungo link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=0#0 date=12/07/02 at 18:10:06]...americam football sucks cause they are a bunch of poncy gits who wear armour , play the man not the ball ( a sure sign of sexual deviancy )...[/quote]<br>[quote author=jimmie d link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=15#24 date=08/04/03 at 06:25:12][center]L :o :oK who's been added to the line-up....<br>[img width=144 height=200]http://www.karmaproductions.net/lisaguerrero/images/lisaguerrero/newphotos/newlisa2.jpg[/img][/center][center]...former Rams cheerleader ...[/center][/quote]<br>poncy gits my ass...thanks jimmie d, for proving once again that american football rocks<br><br>[tt]you'll love it, it's a way of life; of course i'll introduce you to john madden[/tt]<br><br><br>[quote author=fz in The Arf-Dossier link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=15#24 date=???]...Frank Zappa: ....You know how hard it would be to take all the songs in my catalogue and provide the information that a non-American would need to have in order to understand the words. That would be an enormous database. <br><br>For example, the first time we played in England, and I had to do an interview with somebody when the album Absolutely Free was out. There's a song on it called I'm losing status in the high school, and a line in the song says, "a bunch of pompom girls look down their nose at me". Well, nobody in England knew what a pompom girl was, they don't have cheerleaders there, see. And so I was confronted with the fact that it never occurred to me that outside the US they don't even have cheerleaders. [font=arial black]So how do you explain what a cheerleader is to a person who is so sophisticated that their society is evolved to the point where they don't need them ? [/font]<br><br>So there's a lot of stuff in the songs about the way things are here, and unless somebody has come here and looked at it - like you guys have - it doesn't make any sense at all...[/quote]<br>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:15 pm 

lordy me - i didnt expect this to come back and smack me in the face 6 months later. i take it all back , ok ?<br><br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:47 pm 

not a big soccer fan, my hometown is a bigtime soccer town (my high school team was #1 in the country for a few weeks when i was senior).  football isn't too much fun either.  imo football stadiums were good for only 1 thing....Image...and we cant even do that anymore.  :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:55 pm 

[quote author=mungo link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=15#27 date=08/04/03 at 17:15:42]lordy me - i didnt expect this to come back and smack me in the face 6 months later. i take it all back , ok ?<br>[/quote]<br>Don't take it back, mung. You were right all along. I hadn't seen this thread before cos I wasn't around then.<br><br>Soccer, Aussie Rules (that's a type of football, for you uninitiated out there), Gridiron. For me, they all suck for the reasons Mungo eloquently explained.<br><br>Rugby is the one (World Cup starts in OZ in Oct). I like Rugby League as well, but the Aussies are so far ahead of everyone else that it's no longer a competitive international sport.<br><br>American football coaches give the best quotes though.<br><br>Flame away, neanderthals.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:41 pm 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=15#29 date=08/04/03 at 20:55:21]...American football coaches give the best quotes though...[/quote]<br><br>[font=arial black]journalist: [/font]coach, what do you think of your team's execution?<br>[font=arial black]tampa bay coach john mckay: [/font]I'm all for it.<br><br>[font=arial black]Jim Mora: [/font]we played like pee & poo<br><br>[font=arial black]oklahoma coach buttertooth brown: [/font]We didn't lose this game today....we just ran out of time<br><br>[font=arial black]Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant when asked to contribute $10 for a sportswriter's funeral expenses: [/font]Here's a twenty. Bury two<br><br>[font=arial black]sportswriter: [/font]Why is O.J. Simpson carrying the ball so much? <br>[font=arial black]usc coach john mckay: [/font]Why not? It isn't very heavy. Besides, he doesn't belong to a union<br><br>[font=arial black]Bill Peterson, Florida State coach: [/font]<br>1)You guys line up alphabetically by height...<br>2)You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle<br><br>[font=arial black]Redskins Joe Theismann: [/font]Nobody in football should be called a genius.  A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:28 pm 

your quite right bernie - thanks for the wake up call - i was being unreasonably amicable i guess - i put this down to some kind of substance theys putting in the water. <br><br>yer totally right - theys all fags activities. bernie - now i know theres 3 of us here.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:39 pm 

Image<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:55 pm 

Hey Mungo, what site do you get the footy pics from?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:40 pm 

www.allblacks.com<br><br>http://www.nzrugby.com/fanzone/hotshots.asp<br><br><br>obviously - its the best site - puts ALL the others to shame<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:03 pm 

Image...ImageImage<br>ImageImageImage<br>Image...Image...YEP!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:46 pm 

[quote author=stride link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=30#36 date=08/05/03 at 23:03:21]Image...ImageImage<br>ImageImageImage<br>Image...Image...YEP![/quote]<br>Thank you very much, but you haven't got the Bledisloe Cup YET.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:56 am 

Image<br><br>We're comin' to gitcha!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:06 pm 

Image<br><br>takes a few to stop a pomm these days you two. <br><br>Image<br><br>what we shall be seing sometime in november i suspect.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:17 pm 

Image..<br>comin to gitcha,phase1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:07 pm 

Image<br><br><br>i like this pic. in fact strider a bottle of this can be our next bet - anyway, wheres my cds from the last one ?<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:07 am 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=30#37 date=08/05/03 at 23:46:55]<br>Thank you very much, but you haven't got the Bledisloe Cup YET.[/quote]<br>Image<br><br>Ahem!!.....Phase 2....now complete

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:42 am 

[quote author=stride link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=30#42 date=08/17/03 at 13:07:00]<br>Image<br><br>Ahem!!.....Phase 2....now complete[/quote]<br>Yes, yes, I've been waiting for this. I admit it - your team is the best.........for now, but come November, things may be different. If it comes down to NV vs Poms, I hope you guys win, but we're not out of it yet.<br><br>BTW you kiwis must have been shitting yourselves while Flatley was lining up for his conversion shot. It would have made it 2 points the difference, and the possibility of another last-second penalty win. If only.....if only.......... :'(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:09 pm 

excuse me bernie but we shall see who is best in november in sydney. much as i love the men in black i still expet em to recieve a good hiding from the men in white - that is if the boks dont decide to literally kill mr.wilkinson in Perth - and i fully expect em dirty buggers to do just that.<br>see - i know we 3 can agree on one point - aint the boks a bunch of no hopping dirty playing mothers that you ever have seen ? once they where the biggest - now they aint so theys resort to der cheep shots. the song said it all  - i never met a nice south african...<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:24 pm 

Image...Aye Mungo....but god bless their 'fanclub'<br>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:37 pm 

my god - they really have no shame do they . from dutch reformed to dutch gimme a spliff and whip en tittys out - all in the space of 5 years - no wonder their game has dropped.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:28 pm 

[quote author=mungo link=board=rant;num=1039313406;start=30#44 date=08/17/03 at 16:09:15]see - i know we 3 can agree on one point - aint the boks a bunch of no hopping dirty playing mothers that you ever have seen ? once they where the biggest - now they aint so theys resort to der cheep shots. the song said it all  - i never met a nice south african...<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br>You're not wrong there, mungo. They're as bad as the French in that department.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:01 am 

football sucks<br><br><br>hail to that. Soccer sucks, but american football kinda seems interesting even though I'm not from america.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:54 am 

"Son, if they ever invent a position called rotten tackle, you're in the hall of fame"<br><br><br>"You know you neverwin a game unless you beat the guy in front of you.The score on the board does not mean a thing, thats for the fans; you've got to win a war with the man in front of you, you've gotta get your man."<br><br><br>Vince Lombardi, US Football coach

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 663 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next